2023/24 Sean Dyche

Didn’t dare comment on here until the final whistle. Honestly all the drama and everything aside Dyche has improved us, kept us safe and got us big results. Obviously it’s natural to have euphoria after that result but genuinely he’s made us unreal defensively and if we improve our finishing we’re genuinely top half quality with no big change.

Stats are stats and can be manipulated but honestly we’re one of the best defending teams in the league and also the worst xG in terms of underperforming. The blueprint is there and frankly Dyche has done his job far better than a lot give him credit for. He’s earned another year. May not be the best football we’ll ever watch but if we aren’t in trouble this year I’m confident we’ll never be.

Also jokes aside but if I were a fan of those lot I’d be worried after tonight, they’re gonna drop like an absolute stone without Klopp.
I mean you see our limitations once having the ball again, but in the end we wanted the win more than them. In the 2nd half they had over 80% possession, but created 2 long shots + a post.

What I liked today is we did not only sit back like against Brighton for example in the last 20min, also trying to go forward a bit and find these counters.