2023/24 Sean Dyche

O
A lot of our fans lay the blame on the players feet and thats fair, the squad isnt great, at all.

But I tend to think a good manager gets average players performing to a limit, Dyche isnt doing that.

Pickford, Tarks and Branners are pretty solid, but everybody else is playing massively under the level we have seen from them in the past.

Excellent managers get players playing way above their peak, Good managers get their peak, average managers get a performance most weeks, but rubbish managers, well points at Everton.
This is my main issue with his supporters. They would have you believe this squad would be relegated in league 1 if it weren't for the master tactician Dyche. They will tell you how well Dyche has done to have us mid-table (without deductions), but don't attribute any of that to the players performing well. If we win a match it's all glory to Dyche as if he instructed Gana to take a shot from outside the box. Or an error from the Burnley keeper is because Dyche told them to go a bit more direct as if we've done anything different since he came in.

I think it's just as easy to make the argument that The players are good enough to be a mid-table squad (with out deduction) and are massively held back by Dyche's tactics. The games we win are in spite of him, not because of him.

O
This is my main issue with his supporters. They would have you believe this squad would be relegated in league 1 if it weren't for the master tactician Dyche. They will tell you how well Dyche has done to have us mid-table (without deductions), but don't attribute any of that to the players performing well. If we win a match it's all glory to Dyche as if he instructed Gana to take a shot from outside the box. Or an error from the Burnley keeper is because Dyche told them to go a bit more direct as if we've done anything different since he came in.

I think it's just as easy to make the argument that The players are good enough to be a mid-table squad (with out deduction) and are massively held back by Dyche's tactics. The games we win are in spite of him, not because of him.
Its not really is it because most of them have been in this position under other managers aswell.

Over half the starting 11 are Dyche players. And yes they have struggled under Benitez and Lampard who almost everyone would agree are two of the worst managers we've had.
And as well as struggling with 3 managers here we have about 10 players who've been relegated at other clubs so its definitely not just as likely to be Dyche holding them back because they have consistently found themselves in these positions over their career if I could be bothered I would work out where the average finishing position of players in our squad is over the last 5 or 6 years and I bet it would be in the relegation battle.

And as well as struggling with 3 managers here we have about 10 players who've been relegated at other clubs so its definitely not just as likely to be Dyche holding them back because they have consistently found themselves in these positions over their career if I could be bothered I would work out where the average finishing position of players in our squad is over the last 5 or 6 years and I bet it would be in the relegation battle.

"they have consistently found themselves in these positions over their career if I could be bothered I would work out where the average finishing position of players in our squad is over the last 5 or 6 years and I bet it would be in the relegation battle."

This applies to dyche himself as well lol

I can be bothered!!!!

Pickford Average finish 10th
Coleman 7th
Young 2nd
Tarks 15th
Branners 17th
Gana 7th
Garner 17th
Onana 17th
Harrison 18th
McNeil 15th
DCL 8th

Average finish of players 9th.

Sean Dyche average finish of 18th.
How can the average position of Coleman over the last 5 or 6 years be 7th when he's been playing for us and we haven't finished higher than 8th in that time?

His taste in music explains why hes so into toothless football tactics.
IMG_8949.jpeg