2023/24 Sean Dyche

I get what you're saying, but with hindsight, this has been one of the worst seasons in premier league history.

Last year finished like this

View attachment 253713

This season, there's a good chance that the bottom 4 all finish on less than 30 points.

Even in that season with Leicester City being a quality side that went down, we’ll still probably finish above 34 points and that’s even with an 8 point deduction.

It’s not what people want I get that but what value in the current climate on a manager who pretty much guarantees we’ll stay a PL outfit whilst the club is in the mess we’re in.

We can talk about quality of football all we want but look at the downside risk, relegation at this point pretty much puts the entire existence of the football club at risk. We’d pretty much automatically be in administration and would be flogging assets including the stadium and Goodison left right and centre to pay creditors. We’ve got at the helm a man who probably keeps this nightmare scenario at bay whilst we sort out new owners. If all we’re really arguing about is a tiny bit more enjoyment from another manager who might get us a place or two higher and doesn’t play Ashley Young and doesn’t lose at home to Luton then is that really worth the trade off right now?

How high does anyone realistically think a different manager would take this group? Unless it’s into a European position it doesn’t really matter in the short term. If we finish 9th under a new manager or 14th under Dyche then it’s not earth shattering for the club. If the players down tools on the new manager and results dive because this lot can’t play possession based attacking football and we go down, then it is absolutely earth shattering.

Right now risk reward for the club is about risk avoidance.

A season or two in the future the landscape might be different and we can prioritise reward if the risks aren’t as high.

Risking the entire existence of the club because you can’t bear another season of long ball, or you didn’t like the winless run, or Ashley Young, or Luton. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Even in that season with Leicester City being a quality side that went down, we’ll still probably finish above 34 points and that’s even with an 8 point deduction.

It’s not what people want I get that but what value in the current climate on a manager who pretty much guarantees we’ll stay a PL outfit whilst the club is in the mess we’re in.

We can talk about quality of football all we want but look at the downside risk, relegation at this point pretty much puts the entire existence of the football club at risk. We’d pretty much automatically be in administration and would be flogging assets including the stadium and Goodison left right and centre to pay creditors. We’ve got at the helm a man who probably keeps this nightmare scenario at bay whilst we sort out new owners. If all we’re really arguing about is a tiny bit more enjoyment from another manager who might get us a place or two higher and doesn’t play Ashley Young and doesn’t lose at home to Luton then is that really worth the trade off right now?

How high does anyone realistically think a different manager would take this group? Unless it’s into a European position it doesn’t really matter in the short term. If we finish 9th or 14th under Dyche then it’s not earth shattering for the club. If the players down tools on the new manager and results dive because this lot can’t play possession based attacking football and we go down, then it is absolutely earth shattering.

Right now risk reward for the club is about risk avoidance.

A season or two in the future the landscape might be different and we can prioritise reward if the risks aren’t as high.

Risking the entire existence of the club because you can’t bear another season of long ball, or you didn’t like the winless run, or Ashley Young, or Luton. Doesn’t make sense to me.

It's where I'm at. I still prefer Dyche over the unknown of what the current clowns or any future skint new clowns might do for a new appointment.

If the situation changes on either side of those options and I feel the other option is less of a risk I'll go for that. Not right now tho

Anybody think that we are not keeping Sean Dyche as manager at the end of this season is absolutely not dealing in reality.

He has twelve months left on his contract and I would say we are struggling to pay his wage every week never mind shelling out several more million to sack him and his staff and then pay several more million to try to get a new manager........ a new manager who will inherit the squad that Dyche had to work with, will almost definitely lost two or three of our better players because of PSR and in all probability have limited funds to work with.

Dyche is more likely to leave us to go to a better job than we are to sack him.

It is coming from a completely deluded opinion of the esteem involved in managing a club that has been on the precipice of relegation for three seasons now.

There is also the uncertainty as well about a possible points deduction next season but hopefully that is unlikely.

In any event, if Everton can pick up only two more points from the remaining five fixtures we will have reached forty points this season, a target many of us would have been happy to accept last August.

It's an absolute must he goes at the end of the season, the longer he stays, the more influence he has, the more damage he will do.

Thank him for doing the most basic average of jobs and let him go off to Jurassic park.

I don't think the silver bullet comment is fair, it's a bit of a wind up bait for those who are rightfully tired of crap managers and football and have just watched that horrific run of form. Honestly you still seem annoyed for getting so much hassle for your frankly dumb idea of wholesale supporting the worst appointment in our history. I understood the tiresome wum foreverrusselbrand82 doing it (surprise surprise they are doing it again now) but I don't understand why anybody else really set their stall out on that.

I think even the most outspoken of those in here slating Dyche, have said most of the time they understand he is here for this season and in some way are accepting of that.

But to the silver bullet part I would say that those same fans IMHO would be way more accepting and patient right now of even a slightly better manager IF they had us playing some kind of football that made sense in attack and didn't play Ashley Young every game. I don't believe anybody bar a couple of melts would be expecting us challenging European places.

I don't agree with those who just want him gone right now, and it disappoints that people can't see that this situation is worse than any previous one so the old comfort blanket of "manager stops winning, sack manager" is even less of a simple fix than it was in any other moment in our recent history. I would really hope if they get a "better" manager they can hold their tongues and show some understanding when they seem to be trying to improve us but hit some bad runs, as you'd be pretty certain it's what will happen. However I can't knock anybody that is tired of him.

Once we are mathematically safe I won't even be thinking about managers anyways, as our future all hinges on what happens off the pitch.

This is pretty pointless though isn’t it? Risk everything for a slightly better manager who doesn’t play certain players and has us somewhere from 9th to 13th a maximum of 5 places better off? There’s not much upside here is there? The downside if we get it wrong and the new manager is another Lampard or Marsch or Benitez or Koeman or Jones or Hasenhuttl or Rodgers etc. is the entire destruction of Everton as a club.

I think I can put up with another season or two of Dyche until we solve off pitch problems rather than spin the wheel with the future of the entire club do a crack at 9th place.

You could have just answered the question properly instead posting this and looking like a complete Merkin.

Am asking a serious question name 3.
Pointless,
Because whoever I name you will say he won’t come to us.
I know villa, we’re in a stable situation, but they were still in a relegation battle when they got Emery. Bournemouth have brought in a good young manager, who plays good football. Even palace, their manager apparently has done well in Germany.

You’re just naive if you think we can’t attract better than Sean dyche

This is pretty pointless though isn’t it? Risk everything for a slightly better manager who doesn’t play certain players and has us somewhere from 9th to 13th a maximum of 5 places better off? There’s not much upside here is there? The downside if we get it wrong and the new manager is another Lampard or Marsch or Benitez or Koeman or Jones or Hasenhuttl or Rodgers etc. is the entire destruction of Everton as a club.

I think I can put up with another season or two of Dyche until we solve off pitch problems rather than spin the wheel with the future of the entire club do a crack at 9th place.

It's pointless for me you and others but I also can't knock anybody who doesn't like the guy and is not able to ignore the utterly dire performances and loooong run without winning like I've been able to do

Pointless,
I know villa, we’re in a stable situation, but they were still in a relegation battle when they got Emery. Bournemouth have brought in a good young manager, who plays good football. Even palace, their manager apparently has done well in Germany.

Names?

Pointless,

The main difference is exactly what you say, Villa were in a stable situation. Their options were much greater than ours with less down side if any appointment went wrong

You may disagree but personally I think we are on a cliff edge so I fear any change could tip us over. Totally different situation

Anybody think that we are not keeping Sean Dyche as manager at the end of this season is absolutely not dealing in reality.

He has twelve months left on his contract and I would say we are struggling to pay his wage every week never mind shelling out several more million to sack him and his staff and then pay several more million to try to get a new manager........ a new manager who will inherit the squad that Dyche had to work with, will almost definitely lost two or three of our better players because of PSR and in all probability have limited funds to work with.

Dyche is more likely to leave us to go to a better job than we are to sack him.

It is coming from a completely deluded opinion of the esteem involved in managing a club that has been on the precipice of relegation for three seasons now.

There is also the uncertainty as well about a possible points deduction next season but hopefully that is unlikely.

In any event, if Everton can pick up only two more points from the remaining five fixtures we will have reached forty points this season, a target many of us would have been happy to accept last August.

If he end his tenure here having:

22/23 - kept us up against odds v better teams in Leicester despite losing Gordon before he arrived, no Jan transfers and DCL being crocked.

23/24 - keeps us up despite two separate points deductions equalling 8 points and no Jan transfers. Potentially with a 40 points plus season (minus points deductions). Iwobi and Gray also sold with replacements only arriving at end of summer window.

24/25 - retains our Pl status despite a further points deduction and sees another improvement in points total. High wage earners in Gomes Dele Doucoure now off the books, PS&R position far better. Safely into the new stadium as a mid table PL team with no PS&R repercussions hanging over the club.

If this turns out to be his legacy I’ll say thankyou very much for an outstanding job in circumstances most other managers would never even have touched let alone actually achieved the remit in. Remember Bielsa took one look at our squad and asked if he could use the academy kids instead for the season after.

but dyche isn’t guaranteed to keep us up next season, he couldn’t keep Burnley up,
Once they started to struggle in the prem he couldn’t change the story. And he got sacked and they went down. His stubbornness playing Keane nearly got us relegated last season.

but dyche isn’t guaranteed to keep us up next season, he couldn’t keep Burnley up,
Once they started to struggle in the prem he couldn’t change the story. And he got sacked and they went down. His stubbornness playing Keane nearly got us relegated last season.

Very few guarantees in football but I'm extremely confident he would keep us up. I've not had much confidence in anything at the club for ages so it's comforting to me

Of course we don't know yet what the squad will look like come the window close ...but as of right now, yes I think he wil keep us up