2023/24 Sean Dyche

His comments this week undeniably shows the stress he is under.

Usually been very matter of a fact about the goings on but let a glimpse of the amount of stuff he probably has to have put up with behind the scenes. The points deductions/an absent owner/financial mess/board resignations/chairman passing away etc etc…and I’m sure that barely scratches the surface of what he has had to put up with.

I think people might look at dyche’s reign differently in a few years in that he was probably the right man at the right time to narrowly squeak us to safety until we get out feet underneath us.

Unfortunately for him, I think he’s proven that he isn’t the man to take a club like Everton on, his football is a grim watch and he just hasn’t got the skills needed to really implement a suitable style of play for any success in the prem.

I just hope the new owners come in and put some structure in place…stay away from glamour appointments and glamour signings…invest in a young progressive manager and buy young,hungry players with the right attitude and actually able to pass a football. What I’d give to go back to the identity of those Moyes sides (Baines,pienaar,arteta,Cahill,jagielka et al).

I'm honest enough to say I wanted him in the job and I have stuck up for him but it's clear he would have been long gone if the club was in a better situation off the field. He is not the man for next season but I really hope he can manage to do enough over the next few weeks.

He might have more sympathy and support from the fanbase if he’d done anything at all to build a relationship.

The best we’ve ever got is “I don’t have a problem with the fans, I’ve never had a problem with the fans.”

Just no effort to build any sort of rapport.

It's clearly not his style to go out of his way to play up to the fans. That's fine but leaves him vulnerable at times like these.

I think Lampard got cut a bit of slack because he was good at the old fist pumps.

He is mouthing off like a man who knows his goose is cooked at the end of the season.

Personally, if we lose tomorrow I would put him and his two sidekicks on gardening leave and have Baines in the dugout for the derby and Bees.

He couldn’t be any worse than this fraud.

That’s exactly what I am thinking. He’s hit out at the fans, players and Moshiri. I think he knows he’s away at the end of the season and is trying to preserve some of his reputation (for what little he has).

It's clearly not his style to go out of his way to play up to the fans. That's fine but leaves him vulnerable at times like these.

I think Lampard got cut a bit of slack because he was good at the old fist pumps.
It seems to be a tactic of the modern manager these days….get out on to the pitch and salute the fans a little more interactively than previously, to show a rapport with them…

It seems to be a tactic of the modern manager these days….get out on to the pitch and salute the fans a little more interactively than previously, to show a rapport with them…
I think it helps build the bridges between players and fans as well. And I think Lampard recognised that he needed to gets the fans behind the players as there was a massive void between club and fans when he took over.

Benitez had made zero attempt with the fans. And was part of the reason for that void.

Dyche I think has been in the middle, but has had the position of the fans being fully against the PL which a decent manager would have used to his advantage.

I think it helps build the bridges between players and fans as well. And I think Lampard recognised that he needed to gets the fans behind the players as there was a massive void between club and fans when he took over.

Benitez had made zero attempt with the fans. And was part of the reason for that void.

Dyche I think has been in the middle, but has had the position of the fans being fully against the PL which a decent manager would have used to his advantage.
Yeah agreed….I quite like it when managers are like that….but Dyche was being interviewed a while ago and he said carried no emotional connection even with the previous clubs he had managed and played for, so it doesn’t surprise me he has little interaction.

Yeah, it’s certainly true that it’s a choice he’s made.

For me, I get the impression he’s a bit wary of the fans.

He’s admitted he’s lucked out and got a much bigger job than his CV alone would entitle him to. Not that he’d ever admit it, but maybe there’s a bit of imposter syndrome and he struggles to look the fans in the eye as a result.

Whatever it is, as you say, it means he’s not got any meaningful backing the terraces.

Lampard came in at a time when the club was as fractured as it had ever been in my 50 odd years supporting us, for all lampards failings he somehow managed to get a connection between supporter's and the team that probably saved us going down

Lampard came in at a time when the club was as fractured as it had ever been in my 50 odd years supporting us, for all lampards failings he somehow managed to get a connection between supporter's and the team that probably saved us going down
Personally think Dyche has got it worse.
Lampard wasn’t up against the ownership debacle or the points deductions.
He wasn’t responsible for saving us from relegation, he was responsible for nearly relegating us.
We stayed up despite him, not because of him.

Personally think Dyche has got it worse.
Lampard wasn’t up against the ownership debacle or the points deductions.
He wasn’t responsible for saving us from relegation, he was responsible for nearly relegating us.
We stayed up despite him, not because of him.
Dyche had ample number of games to get us safe last season and we were 30 mins away from going down.

Dyche had ample number of games to get us safe last season and we were 30 mins away from going down.
Lampard inherited a team in 15th position and got us to 16th in his first season.
Dyche inherited a team in 19th and got us to 17th in his first season.
They’re both garbage anyway but imho the state of the club now and upon his arrival was worse than when Lampard got here.
Lampard was always going to have immense goodwill simply because he replaced tapas teets.