2023/24 Sean Dyche

Let’s face it. On the surface there’s very little to get people on board with Dyche.

Fan power got Lampard the job (myself included wanted him to get the job) - no disputing that. It didn’t work, and it won’t work with any other manager given the current crop.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere and as much as I kin’ hate going the game to watch his team, I don’t think any other manager would get his head down and get on with things like Dyche does.

Without the points deduction we’d be worshiping him. The only starting players he has that Lampard/Benitez didn’t is McNeil, Branthwaite and Harrison really.

We’ve got a year or two to go before we can get to the rebuilding phase I reckon
Fan power got Lampard the job because we were given a choice of 2, who were both garbage. He was the best of bad options. And it was folllowing the worst choice of manager we could ever have had.

Let’s not pretend that the fan base chose Lampard. We didn’t.

We went from Carlo. To the worst choice manager ever. To then 2 awful choices. To then 2 more awful choices, one of which rejected us anyway.

The clubs leadership is incredibly short sighted when it comes to managers. There are more managers in the world than ones with PL experience. And would be cheaper as well, even including paying them out of contract if they are in work.

We would not be worshipping Dyche. He is struggling to get us to 40 points even without the deduction and went what, 13 games without a win?

Last edited:
Let’s face it. On the surface there’s very little to get people on board with Dyche.

Fan power got Lampard the job (myself included wanted him to get the job) - no disputing that. It didn’t work, and it won’t work with any other manager given the current crop.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere and as much as I kin’ hate going the game to watch his team, I don’t think any other manager would get his head down and get on with things like Dyche does.

Without the points deduction we’d be worshiping him. The only starting players he has that Lampard/Benitez didn’t is McNeil, Branthwaite and Harrison really.

We’ve got a year or two to go before we can get to the rebuilding phase I reckon
That’s not quite true, Onana and garner were 20yr old inexperienced kids playing in the prem
For the first time. He lost Mina and Godfrey first game of the Season, doucoure 2nd game of the season. Holgate was getting games as was Tom Davies. He had DCL for 2 of the opening 13 games, one was the 3-0 v palace. He didn’t have a Beto to call on. He was playing Rondon and giving Gray a go at centre forward. And then he got maupay 5 games into the season.

I wouldn’t be worshipping him without the points deduction, the football is some of the worst Elisce seen in 45yrs, a winless run of nearly half a season,
Broken because the 2nd worst side in the league gifted us a goal.

He was starting for Belgium under Lampard though, what are you on about? No he wasn’t getting linked to big clubs but that was because we’d only just signed him lol

You are not seriously telling me he’s improved his game under Dyche are you? Fella looks like he absolutely despises playing this brand of football and I don’t blame him.
Can’t argue with deluded idiots mate

If you didn't want to keep Allardyce back in the Summer of 2018 after finishing 8th then you can't possibly want to keep Dyche who is, it seems, a worse manager.
Dyche supporters always spout "look how terrible our squad is" but if you look at the players that were fit and available for allardyce it's pretty bleak , and fat Sam was able to be more effective in hie negative approach
It's understandable people would block it out but do people not remember cuco Martina at left back?

Dyche supporters always spout "look how terrible our squad is" but if you look at the players that were fit and available for allardyce it's pretty bleak , and fat Sam was able to be more effective in hie negative approach
It's understandable people would block it out but do people not remember cuco Martina at left back?
Hmm, lets see, I used the players who made the most appearances under Sam.

Pickford
Kenny - Keane - Williams - Baines
Gana
Snides - Davies
Number 10
Rooney - DCL
Martina, Jags, Niasse, Holgate, Lennon, Vlasic, Bolassie, Klaasen, Lookman.

Thats basically the "squad" Big Sam got 8th with.

Not really seeing a vastly better squad there personally.

Pickford
Gana
Snides - Davies
Number 10
Rooney - DCL

Don't forget tosun and Walcott as well who we paid close to 70 million for all together lol

Pickford
Gana
Snides - Davies
Number 10
Rooney - DCL

There's certainly more creativity in that side, hence more goals. The league in general was quite poor below the top sides as well, hence Dyche's Burnley managing to finish above us.

I don't want dyche anymore I commend and acknowledge what he achieved till Dec. But he's been dreadful since I know our squad has a lot of faults but it's not as bad as people make out i don't think we were over achieving earlier in the season , it's that dyche has become so negative it's affecting our performances

This is it for me. I personally think we are better off overall with him until the end of next season, but if we weren't in a mess financially I wouldn't be saying that.

I think on the whole, Dyche has done a good job when you factor everything in. But to go one worse than Mike Walker makes it hard to defend anyone. Hard to see us ever moving forward under Dyche after that.

Hence the fact we finished 8th despite only getting 49 points.

Carlo got 59 points and only finished 10th.

Yeah people really never factor in how poor that points return was when they trick themselves in to reflecting on Allardyce with anything other than disdain. Even Silva's first season was still 8th but 54 points.

Pickford
Gana
Snides - Davies
Number 10
Rooney - DCL

We have a better defence now which shows with our record this season but any of Baines, Sig or Rooney would be easily our most creative player
Also, Walcott and Lennon are miles better than our wingers, even at their ages
Also Gana seven years younger was top class

We have a better defence now which shows with our record this season but any of Baines, Sig or Rooney would be easily our most creative player
Utter tripe. Lennon was garbage. Utter garbage. One of the only signings that was as obviously bad as young.

I think the problem is that Dyche just doesnt know how to coach forwards.
I'm not sure he'd do anything with an aging rooney, sigurdson, tosun, Walcott or DCL.
For me it's telling that when a player like McNeill hits a bad patch, Dyche doesn't change anything. It's just press on and hope he somehow recovers his form.
So I look at that team Allardyce had and I think Dyche would have done worse. And I cant believe I'm saying that.
He'd probably give baines an earful for running too far down the wing.

Utter tripe. Lennon was garbage. Utter garbage. One of the only signings that was as obviously bad as young.

That is just categorically incorrect mate. He was bang average ability wise but he put a shift in and offered genuine pace out wide.

Young is 13 million years old and his biggest contribution has been to give the ref an earful to win us a penalty.