2023/24 Sean Dyche

He left with 8 games to go in 2022.

If Burnley were to have their time again I reckon they’d rather Dyche had a go at the games that followed.

Dyche’s time at Burnley can’t be faulted. No transfer fees or investment, provincial town, small stadium. He presided over Burnley’s modern glory days. Sold their key striker to their relegation contenders in January.

Success to different teams means different things.
He averaged something like 0.8 point per game in his 30 games. The guy who took over got something like 1.4 points per game in the last 8 games. But you’re saying them going down had nothing to do with dyche 🤣🤣

That’s like saying had we gone down last season, it would have had nothing to do with Lampard

That Doucoure issue has plagued every manager since he signed. The results with and without him under Carlo, Benitez and Lampard all have exactly the same outcomes as they have under Dyche.

It’s astonishing really considering Doucoure’s technical ability. And ultimately, it comes down to the DOF not bringing in a suitable back up/replacement for him, so I don’t blame Dyche for that necessarily.

This was Doucoure up until Jan.
View attachment 251988
I guess that's what Dele was supposed to be. That really was a horror show signing.

Looking like we have to wipe away the aged and overpaid dross come the summer, with likely limited funds for a rebuild.
Guesssing the way forwards is looking at the cheaper but younger players from abroad and starting a fresh. Building a new fresh era if indeed thats possible.

With that thought process, i personally would send dyche along his way as well.

I dont want dyche and his tactics anywhere near influencing any new build we try.

If he keeps us up again, fair play. Think he will always be respected and thanked. But going into next season I'd rather go separate ways.
I think if he keeps us up and the ownership question is settled and there is a clear pathway to recruit players and move forward then it’s probably a good time to move on. I’m just not convinced we’ll be in that position come the summer.

There is also the argument that he should be given a chance to prove he can improve the style of football if he keeps us up but I’m not sure that he’ll ever do much different. And I don’t think the fanbase would put up with it indefinitely. There is an optimum time for both parties to move on but it has to be at a time when it’s beneficial to the team.

I think if he keeps us up and the ownership question is settled and there is a clear pathway to recruit players and move forward then it’s probably a good time to move on. I’m just not convinced we’ll be in that position come the summer.

There is also the argument that he should be given a chance to prove he can improve the style of football if he keeps us up but I’m not sure that he’ll ever do much different. And I don’t think the fanbase would put up with it indefinitely. There is an optimum time for both parties to move on but it has to be at a time when it’s beneficial to the team.
I’m not sure there is an argument, when he’s not changed his managerial style all his career . And I doubt a bit of money changes that.

The guy is 52 and set in his ways

As i said the other day, i think Dyche needs to live in the bottom feeders category just because of his huge limitations tactically.
Hes a younger sam allardyce who seems to thrive on firefighting struggling teams.
Built a reputation on being tough to break down, generally defensively sound but absolutely zero ability at the other end of the pitch.

I'm not Dyche's biggest fan. If you told me 4 years ago he would be our manager I'd have probably laughed at you. But bearing in mind the mess FSW and Lampard put us in we need the stability for another season at least. If it wasn't for the deductions we'd be safe on 35 points now. If we stay up with 8 points deducted it's a minor miracle. We quite simply don't have the players to play it out of the back. Attempting to change the style of play, once again, won't work imo. We need stability and only then we can look forward in changing our style of play/new manager. We need to get to the new stadium in the top flight.

As i said the other day, i think Dyche needs to live in the bottom feeders category just because of his huge limitations tactically.
Hes a younger sam allardyce who seems to thrive on firefighting struggling teams.
Built a reputation on being tough to break down, generally defensively sound but absolutely zero ability at the other end of the pitch.
Yeah I don’t necessarily disagree with that. Just that I can understand the viewpoint that if he keeps us up some will want to give him a chance to see if he can improve the style of play. I don’t see much evidence that he would.

I do think we need a settled environment in terms of the ownership and strategic vision going forward to make a change of manager worthwhile though. Would be a tough sell to anyone this summer to say we’re going to flog all our best players and start next season on minus points lol

Yeah I don’t necessarily disagree with that. Just that I can understand the viewpoint that if he keeps us up some will want to give him a chance to see if he can improve the style of play. I don’t see much evidence that he would.

I do think we need a settled environment in terms of the ownership and strategic vision going forward to make a change of manager worthwhile though. Would be a tough sell to anyone this summer to say we’re going to flog all our best players and start next season on minus points lol
I dont disagree entrirely with you either in terms of stability etc.
But whats clear is that we will be selling our most profitable and best players in the summer and without the ability to spend all incoming funds on new players.
We will have to/want to get rid of ageing and high earners depleting our squad.

Wether we stay up or go down, we need a rebuild mentality different from what weve previously known. We are going to have to take some gambles on some unknown 5 million pound player from south america or some european player that we think looks like they may have a bit about them, but currently isnt all that.
I just dont want those signings to be based around dyche mould of players.

I dont disagree entrirely with you either in terms of stability etc.
But whats clear is that we will be selling our most profitable and best players in the summer and without the ability to spend all incoming funds on new players.
We will have to/want to get rid of ageing and high earners depleting our squad.

Wether we stay up or go down, we need a rebuild mentality different from what weve previously known. We are going to have to take some gambles on some unknown 5 million pound player from south america or some european player that we think looks like they may have a bit about them, but currently isnt all that.
I just dont want those signings to be based around dyche mould of players.
Yeah we definitely need a totally different model going forward and I imagine new owners will want their own pick as manager. We aren’t at the top of the food chain so we are going to have to be clever in terms of developing players and selling on whilst improving the team.

I think for me it’s the uncertainty over 777 and whether the club will actually have been sold by the summer that’s the crux of the issue. Get the season over with and hopefully off-field antics settle down and fans can look forward to the future.

Looking like we have to wipe away the aged and overpaid dross come the summer, with likely limited funds for a rebuild.
Guesssing the way forwards is looking at the cheaper but younger players from abroad and starting a fresh. Building a new fresh era if indeed thats possible.

With that thought process, i personally would send dyche along his way as well.

I dont want dyche and his tactics anywhere near influencing any new build we try.

Yeah he’s been absolutely terrible for Branthwaite Onana Garner McNeil

I've given Dyche some amount of stick lately. I still stand over that but christ those corrupt pl effers aren't doing him any favours.
If he keeps us up despite...
i) his own failings
ii) the shizshow he inherited / Moshiri's failings
iii) the premier league deductions

He's a serious contender for at least a bronze medal for manager of the year

Edit; IF.