2023/24 Sean Dyche

Just listened to him praising the performance and saying we were decent first half and 'not too far off it.'

His standards are so low. With a lot of managers you would think that it is just a way of taking pressure off the team, but having listened to all his waffle since he took over, you know he believes it.

We improved a little second half, didn't create anything of real note and were given a once in a hundred games level of stupidity reprieve with Dummett deciding to body slam a player that poses zero attacking threat.

The sooner this stain of a manager leaves our club the better.

Just listened to him praising the performance and saying we were decent first half and 'not too far off it.'

His standards are so low. With a lot of managers you would think that it is just a way of taking pressure off the team, but having listened to all his waffle since he took over, you know he believes it.

We improved a little second half, didn't create anything of real note and were given a once in a hundred games level of stupidity reprieve with Dummett deciding to body slam a player that poses zero attacking threat.

This 100%

We paid £26m for Beto though. Like I said, I wouldn’t be surprised if the cost of our starting XI was similar to or even more than theirs, it really doesn’t matter what position the most expensive players play in. We had a £30m England international keeper and they had their backup fella who’s an absolute bum.

I’m disappointed with the performance and the result. I think that Newcastle team we were playing is rubbish.

Isak is twice the player of Beto and his fee says the same. And I think it does in regards to positions cos, like you say, if we didn't have Pickford that game would've been wrapped up. Maybe I shouldn't have said a price tag but more down to quality. Barnes, Isak, and Murphy are better than our McNeil, Beto, and Young for eg.

However I agree it was and we beat a better Newcastle side at home.

But there's form and ours is off a cliff whilst they're still a better side at home regardless of injuries as they've still got key players.

Sack him for who though what manager comes here right now

Isak is twice the player of Beto and his fee says the same. And I think it does in regards to positions cos, like you say, if we didn't have Pickford that game would've been wrapped up. Maybe I shouldn't have said a price tag but more down to quality. Barnes, Isak, and Murphy are better than our McNeil, Beto, and Young for eg.

But there's form and ours is off a cliff whilst they're still a better side at home regardless of injuries as they've still got key players.
It’s nothing to do with form. It’s down to a manager whose entire premise is do not lose.

We have 6 points from 36, that’s a way of playing rather than a blip from the norm.

400 premier league games as a manager emphasises this

I dunno man, I think you’re really stretching to call that a good Newcastle side. Jacob Murphy is a Championship player and I’d honestly rather have McNeil. Elliott Anderson and Longstaff in midfield aren’t good players at all. Neither are Krafth and Burn at the back. They were missing Trippier, Pope, Botman, Livramento, Joelinton, Gordon, Miley, Almiron and Wilson who arguably all start for them in their strongest XI. I think most teams in the league go there and beat that side comfortably.

Well yes, and the difference between Newcastle at home and away is huge. They have 11 points in 14 games, lost in Bmouth, vs us and Luton.

Or he's trying to stay positive on the back of 2 away games and a big relegation 6 pointer on the weekend...with a possible points deduction on the horizon.

Or he he could stick the boot in.

I dunno man, I think you’re really stretching to call that a good Newcastle side. Jacob Murphy is a Championship player and I’d honestly rather have McNeil. Elliott Anderson and Longstaff in midfield aren’t good players at all. Neither are Krafth and Burn at the back. They were missing Trippier, Pope, Botman, Livramento, Joelinton, Gordon, Miley, Almiron and Wilson who arguably all start for them in their strongest XI. I think most teams in the league go there and beat that side comfortably.

Well it was the same side that came back against West Ham from 3.1 down, so it's not all poop and have enough quality to punish.

And considering our form and are lack of threat to score goals, getting out with a point is valuable

Decent point. The staring XI was horrendous and the moment we went a goal down, you knew it was going to be a tough watch. Subs made a huge difference. Does he get credit for the changes or do we criticise the fact they didn't start? Don't know, but for the first time in a while that feels like a point gained rather than points thrown away. Will mean nothing if we can't follow that up with a win on Saturday though
He get criticism whatever he does. he started with Dcl he would have been criticised for not playing Beto…
We are in a bad run so criticism is going to happen. Everyone talks about lack of wins but we have had good draws in that run too. This was a good result.

Certainly true, I can't see how any of Luton, Burnley or Sheff Utd stay up.

But to counter that, assuming we get another points deduction (lets go with 3-4 points for arguments sake) its an achievement to keep a side up with 9-10 points knocked off your season tally.

Throw in the uncertainty around the club regarding the ownership, no full time board in place, general apathy around the place you have to give him credit for working under probably the most difficult circumstances of any manager in the league.
👆👏

We should have been up 1:0 with the header, but 3:1 or even 4:1 down by ht, luckily we had a keeper that did his job good this day. In the end that's football if you don't score the 2:0-3:0 with the chances they had in the first half mostly, not that many in the 2nd half you still give the opponent a chance to get a way with a draw/win. We did that earlier vs West Ham.