2023/24 Sean Dyche

this is a good point.
most of us here kinda click in to the thread and offer amateur opinions/solutions that we come up with on the fly
It's his full time job and he doesn't really try much of anything. And when he does, you know who ever is in the opposition dugout knows exactly what he's going to do.
Reckon 90% of us will be able to name his team for Saturday, and probably the name and time of his first sub

….no, I’d have Kendall way out ahead of him lads. Indeed, I’d have Catterick way out ahead of him but it would be a magnificent achievement ;). I think I said 3rd in my post, not a ‘rival to Kendall’.
It's a crazy take. The 3 promoted teams are absolutely woeful and we should be clear of them even with 10 points deducted. Joe Royle won an FA Cup.

Is it as mad as playing a very poor centre back, who hasn’t been involved all season, at right back because.

And you’re literally acting like what I said was that I’m having a go at him for not doing. I simply, in the space of 2 minutes, looked at the screen shot and came up with 2 very quick ideas

Maybe if I had all season with the players I could come up with something better. And I’d do it for less than £5m a year
You’re ignoring the actual point though because you’re too busy posturing. Dyche isn’t doing a good job at the moment and as far as I’m concerned he’s on thin ice because 3 months without winning just isn’t acceptable and I never wanted him in the first place. It doesn’t change that he first have many options though that’s the point. He needs to find a way to win that’s the only thing that matters but there’s no point pretending that’s easy to do because it’s not The players he has are crap and the bench options are awful. Trying something else is worthwhile like I keep saying but I wouldn’t put money on it working because the players will still be crap whatever he does. @GrandOldTeam was right that saying there’s no plan b is just brainless waffle because we don’t have the options for a proper plan b we can throw stuff at the wall and see if anything sticks but that’s about it.

@GrandOldTeam was right that saying there’s no plan b is just brainless waffle because we don’t have the options for a proper plan b we can throw stuff at the wall and see if anything sticks but that’s about it.
well I’ve just given a Plan B option, so there is other alternatives available.

he’s played a 3-5-2 twice this season, winning both. So it’s not mindless waffle, the simple terms are he just doesn’t have any in game management ability that can alter the outcome of a game.

The fellas has managed over 300 games in the PL; scoring 290 goals. He’s a “cautious first” approach, so if we’re 1 down he believes we’ll snatch a point, hence the like for like substitutes virtually every game.

well I’ve just given a Plan B option, so there is other alternatives available.

he’s played a 3-5-2 twice this season, winning both. So it’s not mindless waffle, the simple terms are he just doesn’t have any in game management ability that can alter the outcome of a game.

The fellas has managed over 300 games in the PL; scoring 290 goals. He’s a “cautious first” approach, so if we’re 1 down he believes we’ll snatch a point, hence the like for like substitutes virtually every game.
He played 3 5 2 away at wolves we got smashed to oblivion and everyone said playing 3 5 2 was the stupidest thing anyone had ever done because that’s how it works isn’t it.

You’re ignoring the actual point though because you’re too busy posturing. Dyche isn’t doing a good job at the moment and as far as I’m concerned he’s on thin ice because 3 months without winning just isn’t acceptable and I never wanted him in the first place. It doesn’t change that he first have many options though that’s the point. He needs to find a way to win that’s the only thing that matters but there’s no point pretending that’s easy to do because it’s not The players he has are crap and the bench options are awful. Trying something else is worthwhile like I keep saying but I wouldn’t put money on it working because the players will still be crap whatever he does. @GrandOldTeam was right that saying there’s no plan b is just brainless waffle because we don’t have the options for a proper plan b we can throw stuff at the wall and see if anything sticks but that’s about it.
That’s waffle imo
Dyche ain’t throwing things at the wall though. Same 11 90% of the time, same set up, same subs, same time.

What is dyche actually changing?. A centre back at right back which is a negative and Beto for DCL. There the only things he’s tried in the 11 game winless run

He played 3 5 2 away at wolves we got smashed to oblivion and everyone said playing 3 5 2 was the stupidest thing anyone had ever done because that’s how it works isn’t it.
He played a flat back 5 at wolves, with 4 in midfield and an isolated striker. He want to combat wolves 3-4-3 and compact the defence.

There’s a massive difference between that and how we went to Burnley and Villa in the cup when the wingbacks played high up and the wingers became inside forwards.

But anyway, point remains he cannot or does not have the ability to change games as they play out. Which is my point. He has options to change formations or how we approach different aspects of the game, but doesn’t.

No matter what happens this season this man should be nowhere near this club next season

That’s waffle imo
Dyche ain’t throwing things at the wall though. Same 11 90% of the time, same set up, same subs, same time.

What is dyche actually changing?. A centre back at right back which is a negative and Beto for DCL. There the only things he’s tried in the 11 game winless run
I’m not saying he is that’s the point but as usual it has to be black and white you can’t try and be balanced you have to want a statue building of him or think he’s the manager equivalent of hitler don’t you. Alls I’m saying is sometimes you look at a squad and there are obvious things you could be doing to change it and I don’t think that’s the case for us now. When you haven’t won for this long it’s probably worth trying dobbin chermiti patterson I agree because how much worse can it be but the point from the start is they’re not actually LIKELY to do any better that’s all.

I wonder what Carlo would do with this England squad.

Fun poll idea: Southgate or Dyche? (for either managerial position =)

I don’t rate Dyche particularly highly, but he is 1000x the manager Southgate is. That fella is a complete phoney, a Wayne Rooney level of manager. Would not last 5 minutes in club management, at any level of the pyramid, he just does not have a clue what he’s doing. You can’t survive based solely on vibes and being best mates with the players, you have to actually have some semblance of tactical nous. He’s destined to bore us all to tears as a pundit on Channel 4 for many years to come.