2023/24 Sean Dyche

Nah just [Poor language removed] managers

We have had 3 out 4 of the worst managers in our history in that time.

It's not a computer game lads.

The lack of goals in the team dictates relegation scrap. It doesn't matter who the manager is - this teams objective is to survive relegation because the players simply aren't good enough.

If we switched managers again the likes of McNeil, Harrison, Doucoure, Danjuma and co don't start scoring the goals they've never done in their careers.

You go through our team and very few get in any team who aren't fighting relegation.

It was relegation fodder with Richarlison, Gray, Iwobi etc who all get in this team and I'd argue it's even worse now.

The lack of goals in the team dictates relegation scrap. It doesn't matter who the manager is - this teams objective is to survive relegation because the players simply aren't good enough.

If we switched managers again the likes of McNeil, Harrison, Doucoure, Danjuma and co don't start scoring the goals they've never done in their careers.

You go through our team and very few get in any team who aren't fighting relegation.

It was relegation fodder with Richarlison, Gray, Iwobi etc who all get in this team and I'd argue it's even worse now.
IF Everton was a computer game I would delete it.

We are back to "Dyche performed a miracle" keeping us up, I dont buy it, I dont buy the squad is relegation fodder and firmly believe a good or even average manager wouldnt have us fighting relegation.

I think DCL not scoring is in large part down to Dyche.
Ancelotti (with ferguson) clearly knew how to get the best out of him.
He wasn't chasing around the place trying to pick up scraps. His confidence was sky high.
Even when DCL gets the ball, he has no support, his support players arent showing or creating space.
Also, the way we set up for set pieces is quite effective but clearly doesnt suit DCL either.
Put a load of big fellas in the box, box out the goalie and shove and push and hope it brakes for you.
We've picked up slower players and have no idea how to effectively counter attack so the amount of times DCL is in space is way down.
If you can get your strikers to score, it's easily a mid table squad. But I dont think Dyche can.
I also think opposition managers may have cottoned on to our set piece mayhem strategy.

We are back to "Dyche performed a miracle" keeping us up, I dont buy it, I dont buy the squad is relegation fodder and firmly believe a good or even average manager wouldnt have us fighting relegation.
Conveniently forgetting we'd be nowhere near a relegation battle without the points deduction.

Just disagree mate.

As said, the players haven't got the goals. Go thought he team - take their best ever season at any club for goals and it's still not enough.

Pickford, Branthwaite and Onana aside - very few get in other teams in the league.

All that explains why over so many years now we've been on our arse. Managers haven't helped, but then there's a reason why the likes of Bielsa didn't want to know. The players.

I think DCL not scoring is in large part down to Dyche.
Ancelotti (with ferguson) clearly knew how to get the best out of him.
He wasn't chasing around the place trying to pick up scraps. His confidence was sky high.

Had this debate before mate but Ancelotti could tell Calvert Lewin to stay there because he had Digne, Richarlison, Rodriguez, Sigurdsson, Gordon and co. Even Iwobi, Walcott, Bernard - not great but depth to mix it up.

We now have Mykolenko and McNeil on one flank and Harrison and Godfrey on the other. With Doucoure as a number 10. With absolutely zero depth to change it.

We now have Mykolenko and McNeil on one flank and Harrison and Godfrey on the other. With Doucoure as a number 10. With absolutely zero depth to change it.
Imagine if he tried something different and had the fullbacks playing a lot further forward. Or tried wingbacks

Or didn’t play a centre back at right back because not conceding is more important than trying to score

Dwight McNeil 7 goals, last season, 2 this season
Doucs career high 7, 6 this season
DCL career high 16, 3 this season
Harrison career high 8, 3 this season
Beto career high 21*, 11 in a "proper league, 2 this season

Sean Dyche is a football terrorist.

Imagine if he tried something different and had the fullbacks playing a lot further forward. Or tried wingbacks

Or didn’t play a centre back at right back because not conceding is more important than trying to score

Mykolenko is a waste of time going forward. I think Dyche simplifying his game has helped him and us.

We've not had a right back - I've been banging the Patterson drum recently but then I've just clocked his mistake for Scotland tonight. Maybe he's just crap. Who knows.

But if the main criticism is "play Mykolenko further forward or Patterson" then that speaks volumes.

Had this debate before mate but Ancelotti could tell Calvert Lewin to stay there because he had Digne, Richarlison, Rodriguez, Sigurdsson, Gordon and co. Even Iwobi, Walcott, Bernard - not great but depth to mix it up.

Thats fair but I still think if they're coached better DCL gets more goals. Maybe not Ancelotti level but more than 0!

Also, it's clear he's holding Myko back and he's making daft choices at RB. I also think he should start Gomes at 10 when fit but he wont.
And I'd try Garner on the right with Coleman behind him.
Now I am verging in to computer game stuff, point is, it's not working and Dyche wont do enough to change it.

Thats fair but I still think if they're coached better DCL gets more goals. Maybe not Ancelotti level but more than 0!

Also, it's clear he's holding Myko back and he's making daft choices at RB. I also think he should start Gomes at 10 when fit but he wont.
And I'd try Garner on the right with Coleman behind him.
Now I am verging in to computer game stuff, point is, it's not working and Dyche wont do enough to change it.

I think he's got the best out of Mykolenko myself.

Daft choices at RB is just not playing Patterson isn't it?

Gomes - barely fit.

It's scraping bottle of the barrel stuff isn't it as to what Dyche can/should do - because that's where we are.

I've said it for years under different managers - examples below;

The core of our team looks loads better with Coady, Tarkowski, and Gana/Onana (and maybe Garner) in front of them.

I've bored everyone with my view about our attack but I'll say it again - I think any three of any of McNeil, Gordon, Townsend, Gray, Rondon, Maupay and we struggle to be competitive enough to stay in this league. We'll be asking players to hit numbers for goals/assists that they've never hit before.

If we don't bring in anyone else to fill the void that Lampard has spoke about then IMO, we'll be in a position were the difference between a relegation scrap to the wire, or mid table comfort comes down to Calvert-Lewin's fitness IMO, and even then - we've lost his biggest providers. We don't create a lot - 19th or 20th for chances last season, and 18th so far this season.

Disagree mate.

I said it all summer and I'm still saying it now - any team with Demarai Gray on one wing, Dwight McNeil on the other and a half fit Calvert-Lewin, or Maupay upfront is fighting relegation.

Lampard did bring in McNeil though, and did reject big offers for Gordon so he's not blameless.

Our team is really poor. The lack of goals we'll score will dictate relegation scrap

I think we are worse now - but we're lucky the bottom 3 are as bad now as ever.

Sean Dyches sides have averaged less than 40 goals across the last 12 or so Premier League seasons.

The manager is a safety at all costs play for a 0-0 manager.

It's been needed. Without the deduction we've probably achieved the seasons objective.

Will have to change it though to compensate for how poor our final third has been - particularly Calvert Lewin.

How he does that? No clue. There isn't the players to come in other than Patterson and maybe Danjuma.

It's been needed. Without the deduction we've probably achieved the seasons objective.

Will have to change it though to compensate for how poor our final third has been - particularly Calvert Lewin.

How he does that? No clue. There isn't the players to come in other than Patterson and maybe Danjuma.
I suppose the 3months without a win and the 6 point deduction really does tilt the table out of his favour.

I just wanna see us win a game.