2023/24 Sean Dyche

We lost Gray and Iwobi in summer and Gordon in January.

Replaced them with

Chermiti (promising young player, but needs time to adapt), same with Dobbin that returned. Should get more game time.
Harrison (ok player at Leeds, but not a game changer)
Danjuma (a late Gorden replacement), can play anywhere in the attack
Beto (Richarlison replacement)

DCL now is fit again, but seems to have lost trace after scoring 3 goals in the first 10 games. Is it only down to manager/tactics, or is he another one of these one-two season wonders, time will show.

Definitely more options than last season, the question is whether we upgraded really, I think slightly, scored 29 goals comparing to 22 in 28, still not something good.

Danjuma should start over Harrison 100% when fit, he is relatively egoistic, but I think we looked more dangerous with him, as he seems the closest to be able to go into those 1vs1s in the box.
Danjuma won’t play in the Dyche style. Defend first, press second, attack if 1&2 are secure

At the moment, it feels like nobody is really in control of running the club. But I’m starting to feel like Dyche’s job is in jeopardy. Our recent form is atrocious. I just don’t feel that it’s wise to continue with something that isn’t working.
I think we need to see it out at this point.

IF we dont beat Burnley then he probably deserves the bullet, but that is VERY late in the Season and would require an owner with massive balls, something we lack. Think we just need to hope we can hit a vein of form and see the season out.

I think we need to see it out at this point.

IF we dont beat Burnley then he probably deserves the bullet, but that is VERY late in the Season and would require an owner with massive balls, something we lack. Think we just need to hope we can hit a vein of form and see the season out.
Yes, no one is making those kind of decisions at the moment. There’s zero command structure.

Everton is being piloted like a ship with a length of rope tied around the wheel.

Except we don’t even have the rope.

At the moment, it feels like nobody is really in control of running the club. But I’m starting to feel like Dyche’s job is in jeopardy. Our recent form is atrocious. I just don’t feel that it’s wise to continue with something that isn’t working.

Just out of interest who would you replace him with if you were given the choice tomorrow.

The main issue with Danjuma is his defensive capability...ineffective. Not to mention how he is selfish and plays for himself.

I dont see Beto or Danjuma as replacements of Richarlison or Gordon.

Danjuma is replacing Gray.

Beto & Chermiti are backup players.

Everything for this season is a major downgrade. It remains to be seen if Chermiti steps up next season.

Well no. We paid £40mil in fees across the 4 forwards meaning £10mil avg across 4 players. Its simple averaging.

But we didnt pay that because Chermiti and Beto were no money down. Harrison and Danjuma were loans.

So the management actually were working with their hands tied. Not many clubs would allow us to make signings with a pay in 12months deal.

The reality is that if we had £40mil we would likely have signed a different player or two but we didnt as we needee to defer payment.
From what I know, we paid 1/5 of Chermiti and Beto each, to be followed by 20% every year till 2027. Correct me if I am wrong. This is a common thing in football to pay in installments, but mostly rather 50-80% initial payment. And Loan fees of course for Danjuma, 3m to be rumored, it's an ok price.

Of course they cannot replace the quality we lost in players of Richarlison and Gordon. But getting a replacement on the same level is impossible for us financially. So we need to get players in that can be that Richarlison or Gordon in future. We lost them in numbers, but didn't get someone in numbers last season. And of the managers' task is to get out most of them.

I give him credit for Branthwaite, as he does way better than expected. He was talented, but he plays on a consistent good prem level that even my PSV mate surprised. He was good there, but not outstanding according to him.

But on the other hand, I also think we could get more out of the attack than we currently do.

He must get praise for making us defensively better, but also criticism to not solve the attacking problem. It's not a new problem, since our average scoring has been 44 in the last 6 full season, looking we will be around 40 this season and only exceeding 50 once under Silva.

I don't see Dyche to be the one to get us on a better level, even with "2 better attackers."

Who's it in jeopardy from? Is Moshiri capable of making the decision to sack him? I'm not convinced. I'm even less convinced there's a plan for any replacement if it came to that.
I think Dyche has one of the most secure jobs in the league for now.

Just out of interest who would you replace him with if you were given the choice tomorrow.

We’d definitely need a ready made replacement; there would be no time for a ‘manager search’. Of the available options, I think Lopetegui would be a good option. Offer him a staying up bonus, as we did with Dyche last year.