2023/24 Sean Dyche

Heres an example Zat.

Sean Dyche has managed around 300 games in English top flight.

He equates to 0.83 goals per game over that time

He’s not once EVER tried to change that. He sets up his teams to play small margins; concede nothing create nothing but try to snatch one.

...and my point is, we dont have forwards that score.

If we did then we would be "snatching one" and win games.

He just needs Mbappe, with Mbappe and KDB in the side he would do better.

Obviously.

You are right about that. But that's it, just doesn't make sense to compare Everton and Atletico. The squad of Atletico was miles better back then of course than anything Everton had in the last few years.

Atletico won EL in 2010, but was struggling 11/12 when Simeone took them over in Dec 2011 as 10th with a squad good enough to be top 5, he made them 5, and they reached top 4 ever since, also he won EL in 2012 his first season and few titles.

On the other had, I don't see a wide overload in our team, I see the coaching team being a pedestrian, when the plan doesn't work more often under Dyche than in 100s of games I've watched Simeone. Tactically that's on another level.

He would need time here to succeed, but I'm sure we wouldn't have gone on a 11 winless run.

Im not comparing Simeone / Dyche. Im not comparing Atletico / Everton.

Other than saying both managers joined the clubs playing defence first & while Simeone had finishers...Dyche doesnt. If he did perhaps we see better results.

Thats all. Not sure why posters are reading more into it.

I think thats rubbish im afraid mate.

We have a team full of International players, the majority of players have played at the highest tier of football all their careers.

No, we are not Manchester City, but our first 11 really isnt as bad as some would like others to believe.

Dyche is underperforming massively with this group of players, given our current form.

As I keep saying, if Dyche isnt a factor on whether we can win football games, then why the hell is he still our manager and getting paid 5million a year?

Where should a manager lead a team who cant score to?

The chances the players are missing is mind blowing.

...and my point is, we dont have forwards that score.

If we did then we would be "snatching one" and win games.

Obviously.

Im not comparing Simeone / Dyche. Im not comparing Atletico / Everton.

Other than saying both managers joined the clubs playing defence first & while Simeone had finishers...Dyche doesnt. If he did perhaps we see better results.

Thats all. Not sure why posters are reading more into it.

Where should a manager lead a team who cant score to?

The chances the players are missing is mind blowing.
It’s not ‘mind blowing ‘ .
It is frustrating.
Most of the chances are nowhere near as clear cut as the statistics imply , many are snatched chances where the player does well to get it on target.
Calvert - Lewin has already proved himself able to score regularly in the PL when used correctly and provided with adequate service.
And any similarity to Simeone is fleeting and ephemeral,
Simeone generally plays with 2 forwards.
He utilises attacking full backs.
His teams play with a level of aggression and intensity I’ve never seen any Dyche team display.
It should also be noted that the character of Simeone is an important contributory factor , his passionate touchline performances not only help to galvanise his team on the pitch, it creates a bond between supporters and players which helps to magnify the teams energy .
The only observable similarity between the two managers is they are generally regarded as defensive managers, but the similarity ends at that point.
It reminds of another mundane defensive manager , Allardyce, favourable comparing himself to Mourinho , risible.

Most of the chances are nowhere near as clear cut as the statistics imply ,
THIS, THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS.

I keep reading about xG and these chances we are missing every week, yet Gana smashing it from 40 yards is a chance.

He gets credit for the clean sheets, the way we defend, yet hes given a pass about the way we attack.

Its double standards.

Burnley spent 6 seasons in the PL.

In that time they averaged around 40 goals per season.

Everton have scored 29 this season in 30 games.

Im seeing a pattern.

Lack of money to sign forwards.

It’s not ‘mind blowing ‘ .
It is frustrating.
Most of the chances are nowhere near as clear cut as the statistics imply , many are snatched chances where the player does well to get it on target.
Calvert - Lewin has already proved himself able to score regularly in the PL when used correctly and provided with adequate service.
And any similarity to Simeone is fleeting and ephemeral,
Simeone generally plays with 2 forwards.
He utilises attacking full backs.
His teams play with a level of aggression and intensity I’ve never seen any Dyche team display.
It should also be noted that the character of Simeone is an important contributory factor , his passionate touchline performances not only help to galvanise his team on the pitch, it creates a bond between supporters and players which helps to magnify the teams energy .
The only observable similarity between the two managers is they are generally regarded as defensive managers, but the similarity ends at that point.
It reminds of another mundane defensive manager , Allardyce, favourable comparing himself to Mourinho , risible.

Im really not sure why youre comparing Simeone to Dyche like this, its lazy.

My point was pretty clear lol

I think thats rubbish im afraid mate.

We have a team full of International players, the majority of players have played at the highest tier of football all their careers.

No, we are not Manchester City, but our first 11 really isnt as bad as some would like others to believe.

Dyche is underperforming massively with this group of players, given our current form.

As I keep saying, if Dyche isnt a factor on whether we can win football games, then why the hell is he still our manager and getting paid 5million a year?
I agree completely. It's a myth that our squad is of such bad quality that we should be expecting to fight a relegation battle every year (yeah, I know, points deduction, blah blah blah).

I'm not saying we should be in the Champions League spots or anything, but if you actually pay attention to the rest of the league and not just our games, you'd see that the overall squad quality for the clubs between about 8th - 14th or so is not wildly different (clear underperformers like Newcastle and Chelsea notwithstanding). Yeah, certain teams have standout players in a couple of positions, but I'm talking overall squads. For me, most of the difference between those places comes down to manager quality, injury luck, etc.

Just as an example, since everyone loves to go gaga over the mighty Brighton: Actually look at their first choice eleven. How many clearly walk into our team unopposed? I count three - Mitoma, Pedro, and Groß (some might argue Ferguson - but he's not scoring this year, same as Dom - or maybe Lamptey, but that has a lot to do with Dyche insisting on playing Godfrey at RB). Two of those three are wingers, where we're obviously weak. Every other position is either in our favor or roughly equal. You don't think Pickford, Branthwaite, maybe even Onana walk into their team too? I'd say in the overall comparison, we have the clearly superior defensive grouping, they're clearly superior in attack, and the midfield as a group is about a push.

And when we played them a few weeks ago, Mitoma and Pedro didn't even play! And yet so many on here were thrilled with a draw at home and slammed anybody that dared to be disappointed by it with this myth that their players are just soooooo much better than ours, so we should be happy to just be on the same field as them. They're 8th, after all!

So, why are they in 8th, and - even without the points deduction - we'd be in 14th? Hmmm....I wonder?