2023/24 Sean Dyche

Given that it's happened once in 14 months, I'll take those odds it would happen one more time in a little less than 9 years
Ok, I looked up in all his games where he was up 3:0 in the first half, at the end or anytime during it.

Forest 13/14 3:1 win
Brentford 15/16 3:1 win
Chelsea 17/18 3:2 win
Peterborough 19/20 4:2 win
Wolves 20/21 4:0 win
Brighton 22/23 5:1 win

Means 6 games with 3 goals in front in the first half, 6 won.

Dyche when his teams scored 3 goals or more in a game (excluded games won/lost pen shootout)

48 wins, 4 draws, 1 loss (FA Cup 13/14 vs Southampton).

Generally, if his team score the first they mostly get points, but if they concede first they rarely win.

He's the only top level manager that would entertain coming to this mess of a club at present. Would be pointless however as the majority of the fanbase would fail to give him a fair chance and ultimately most managers would struggle with the current circumstances so why waste millions of pounds sacking Dyche ?

Good lord

I notice a few posters coming back sniping at Sean Dyche who were marked absent when our results were better.

In any event I think he is absolutely safe in his job for all sorts of reasons, one having picked up 31 points so far this season and another being our financial situation.
That could well be me.
I think youre right, he's safe in his job.
And when we were battering Newcastle and beating Chelsea, I didn't post much here. I was hoping against hope that he'd prove me wrong.
Unfortunately that was last year!
I really think Goodison deserves better in her last year.
Not gonna happen tho.

I notice a few posters coming back sniping at Sean Dyche who were marked absent when our results were better.

In any event I think he is absolutely safe in his job for all sorts of reasons, one having picked up 31 points so far this season and another being our financial situation.
It's mad, isn't it? No one criticized the manager during our decent spell of about 4 games. Just 3 months later everyone is on his back for absolutely no reason except zero wins in 3 months, horrible style, no plan B and stubbornness. People are strange.

That could well be me.
I think youre right, he's safe in his job.
And when we were battering Newcastle and beating Chelsea, I didn't post much here. I was hoping against hope that he'd prove me wrong.
Unfortunately that was last year!
I really think Goodison deserves better in her last year.
Not gonna happen tho.
She certainly does.

That's not the manager's fault nearly as much as it is our owners

It's mad, isn't it? No one criticized the manager during our decent spell of about 4 games. Just 3 months later everyone is on his back for absolutely no reason except zero wins in 3 months, horrible style, no plan B and stubbornness. People are strange.
That's football if you win you are the hero, if you lose you are the zero.