2023/24 Sean Dyche

I don’t think he will be dismissed.
But failure to beat Bournemouth at home would be a major concern.
His lack of ideas is a real concern at the moment , and really emphasises what a limited manager he is.
I don’t think we will be relegated, but our home performances are already unacceptable.
With the club lacking oversight , direction or vision at the moment I think he will survive the season at least.

I think we're doomed if Luton pick up any sort of form

Sean Dyche has one job.

Keep us in the premier league as we transition into the new stadium and new ownership.

I still think he will do that job, and he will be thought well of; as a good steward of the club during a difficult period of recovery, when he inevitably departs under new ownership.

Bill Kenwright has destroyed this club. He made the bed, and we all have to lay in it until we are able to holistically recover. That will not happen overnight. It will take time.

It will not be pretty, but Sean Dyche will see us through.
Respectfully, sick and tired of this ‘his job is to keep us up’ BS

With Luton, Sheffield United and Burnley in the league, even Stevie Wonder can keep this team up. Don’t understand why people make out it’s mission impossible.

Obviously we need to start winning games again. But a slightly broader perspective is probably wise, despite the hatred for Dyche. In reality we have 31 points. It is 5 points ahead of the genius Thomas Frank, 1 point behind Andoni Iraola, and just 4 points behind Marco Silva's Fulham. If you look at the underlying statistics, it can be argued that we are underperforming, and the biggest problem is the lack of goals. This is not a new problem either - regardless of tactics. Without money to invest in attacking quality players this will almost always be a problem.

Expectations are too high. Shouldn’t be expecting wins, that would be silly.

He is a perennial loser. Even after his decent season (s?) at Burnley, no one better has ever gone for him.

Only reason he is with us now is because it was cheap and easy.
Easy but not cheap, as he is shockingly the 6th best paid manager in the whole league. I called everyone deluded to ask for a Dyche sacking by Christmas as much as being satisfied with the last 3 months.

Given the fixtures I knew we would not be ending up with more than 2 wins of this 11 probably, but the fact is we haven't won any of these and got 5 points in total, which is really below the expectation. It's really questionable at this point that Dyche will manage the turn around with the games in April and May that look easier on paper and we are damned for wins.

Respectfully, sick and tired of this ‘his job is to keep us up’ BS

With Luton, Sheffield United and Burnley in the league, even Stevie Wonder can keep this team up. Don’t understand why people make out it’s mission impossible.

If we were offered to sign anyone from them 3 how many would even make our 11 between them? Not many, if any. They're Championship sides back to front. Barkley maybe..

Obviously we need to start winning games again. But a slightly broader perspective is probably wise, despite the hatred for Dyche. In reality we have 31 points. It is 5 points ahead of the genius Thomas Frank, 1 point behind Andoni Iraola, and just 4 points behind Marco Silva's Fulham. If you look at the underlying statistics, it can be argued that we are underperforming, and the biggest problem is the lack of goals. This is not a new problem either - regardless of tactics. Without money to invest in attacking quality players this will almost always be a problem.
Would you rather watch Bournemouth or Fulham though. Iraola took over and changed the way the played, got beat 3-0 at goodison in October and loads of our fans were laughing at him, can’t play out form the back mate, they’re going down he will sacked by Christmas. They battered Utd at old Trafford, took the game to city the other week and deserved a draw, I still hear some of our fans, usually on podcasts saying how well we played v city. The manager, the players and fans gave up at 2-1 it’s City how are we supposed to compete, how are we supposed to get the ball off them, it’s not fair. We didn’t lay a glove on them, Bournemouth were magnificent against them.

Newcastle scored an injury time goal to get a 2-2 draw v them at home, they’re far from perfect, but we’re talking about Bournemouth here and a manger who’s been in this country and the job 6 months.

We will go 1-0 down at Newcastle and not lay a glove on them. Probably have 10 shots from. 30yards out in the 2nd half, And the stat virgins can say look how many shots we had. If only we had Bobby Charlton, who was pretty good from 30 yards out

Would you rather watch Bournemouth or Fulham though. Iraola took over and changed the way the played, got beat 3-0 at goodison in October and loads of our fans were laughing at him, can’t play out form the back mate, they’re going down he will sacked by Christmas. They battered Utd at old Trafford, took the game to city the other week and deserved a draw, I still hear some of our fans, usually on podcasts saying how well we played v city. The manager, the players and fans gave up at 2-1 it’s City how are we supposed to compete, how are we supposed to get the ball off them, it’s not fair. We didn’t lay a glove on them, Bournemouth were magnificent against them.

Newcastle scored an injury time goal to get a 2-2 draw v them at home, they’re far from perfect, but we’re talking about Bournemouth here and a manger who’s been in this country and the job 6 months.

We will go 1-0 down at Newcastle and not lay a glove on them. Probably have 10 shots from. 30yards out in the 2nd half, And the stat virgins can say look how many shots we had. If only we had Bobby Charlton, who was pretty good from 30 yards out
The patience in Bournemouth was rewarded in getting way better football than here. I know Iraola well as a manager and a good manager mostly needs time, a few months or even 2-3 years to implement his philosphy.

My deepest conviction is that this wouldn't be possible here, as the fan base is quite impatient.
They started with 3 points in 9 games, won the 10th, then got a 6:1 loss at City. And I think this would be the latest point, people would have turned against him.

Since then unbeaten from day 12-19 (7 wins, 1 draw Luton game to be played again), but again only 1 win in 9 games (1, 4, 4). Home draws against Sheffield and Forest included. Don't want to think of the reaction of people, if that happened here, despite getting served with way better football.

Last edited:
Lack of goals is certainly not a new problem for Dyche , it defines his managerial career to date .

Lack of goals is certainly not a new problem for Dyche , it defines his managerial career to date .
Really true that, but what's new is that not even one of his strikers is getting close to 10 goals or more, which was the case in every full season of him at Burnley in prem, despite that style. Do you think DCL and Beto are that much worse comparing to Wood, Barnes or Ings? I know that none of them is better than average prem level.