2023/24 Sean Dyche

Sean Dyche has one job.

Keep us in the premier league as we transition into the new stadium and new ownership.

I still think he will do that job, and he will be thought well of; as a good steward of the club during a difficult period of recovery, when he inevitably departs under new ownership.

Bill Kenwright has destroyed this club. He made the bed, and we all have to lay in it until we are able to holistically recover. That will not happen overnight. It will take time.

It will not be pretty, but Sean Dyche will see us through.

Sean Dyche has one job.

Keep us in the premier league as we transition into the new stadium and new ownership.

I still think he will do that job, and he will be thought well of; as a good steward of the club during a difficult period of recovery, when he inevitably departs under new ownership.

Bill Kenwright has destroyed this club. He made the bed, and we all have to lay in it until we are able to holistically recover. That will not happen overnight. It will take time.

It will not be pretty, but Sean Dyche will see us through.
The new stadium is an absolute irrelevance at this point .
It won’t score goals or win games.
Any financial benefits it accrues are seasons in the future , it has to be paid for first.

The new stadium is an absolute irrelevance at this point .
It won’t score goals or win games.
Any financial benefits it accrues are seasons in the future , it has to be paid for first.
How do you rationalize that our club's largest current financial commitment is irrelevant? It impacts literally every other aspect of the club.

I understand that it will not score goals or win us games.

I also understand that it's financial benefits are in the future.

Apologetically, I am not certain how your 2nd and 3rd statements support your 1st, or what point you were trying to make.

To summarize my prior post as simplistically as possible, Blue Bill screwed us, now we're skint and have to pay up our debts before we can worry about getting any better. Sean Dyche keeps us up where the other blokes could not.

Is anyone really surprised. He hasn't got clue how to get this team scoring goals. Try playing more than 1 striker might help but nope not dalek sean.
We could put 10 strikers on the pitch and we couldn't score if they all sucked.

We've missed an unbelievable number of open goals this season. We can't finish, no matter who is out there. And like with everything in sports, a lot of it is now becoming mental for these players. They are totally bereft of confidence in front of goal at the moment.

Dread to think of the yard dogs this guy would fill the squad with given the chance. When we all inevitably get bored of his crap football we’ll want a manager in who will try to play a bit and he’ll have a squad full of 6ft 4” cloggers.

Get us to safety and stability, then thank you very much and goodbye.
One of the problems got us in this mess, should be in the hands on thewell to bring in to develop this team ofc dyche will have to agree. But we need w clear direction now

How do you rationalize that our club's largest current financial commitment is irrelevant? It impacts literally every other aspect of the club.

I understand that it will not score goals or win us games.

I also understand that it's financial benefits are in the future.

Apologetically, I am not certain how your 2nd and 3rd statements support your 1st, or what point you were trying to make.

To summarize my prior post as simplistically as possible, Blue Bill screwed us, now we're skint and have to pay up our debts before we can worry about getting any better. Sean Dyche keeps us up where the other blokes could not.
Your last statement is entirely subjective and impossible to quantify.
Subjectively, l disagree.
Another manager could keep us up and prepare us for a better future.
Another manager could certainly improve the standard and quality of football on offer.
But we are both discussing hypothetical situations here and neither of us will ever be proved wrong or right.
It’s just opinions.

Your last statement is entirely subjective and impossible to quantify.
Subjectively, l disagree.
Another manager could keep us up and prepare us for a better future.
Another manager could certainly improve the standard and quality of football on offer.
But we are both discussing hypothetical situations here and neither of us will ever be proved wrong or right.
It’s just opinions.
I agree that it is entirely subjective.

I also agree that it is entirely possible that another manager could keep us up, improve the standard and quality of football, and better prepare us for the future under the same conditions currently faced by Sean Dyche.

Perhaps, I am less inclined to believe in such an idealistic outcome based on the history of the club and what change of manager has brought us in recent memory.

Evaluating the prospect of changing manager from a risk management prospective, I would compare:

Likelihood of being able to attract a better manager than Sean Dyche for our current situation given the dire circumstances the club is in.
&
Severity of the outcome of the more probable outcome of hiring a manager of varying degrees worse than Sean Dyche and adding to that the elements of instability that accompany change.

VS

Likelihood of Sean Dyche keeping us up for 2 more seasons.
&
Severity of the outcome if we were to be relegated with him in charge.

Subjectively I would choose the latter as my perception is that there is less risk; however, I can appreciate that some may view our situation as so dire that they view the only way out is to assume more risk, but again, I feel that to assume more risk would be short sighted and ill advised.

Dread to think of the yard dogs this guy would fill the squad with given the chance. When we all inevitably get bored of his crap football we’ll want a manager in who will try to play a bit and he’ll have a squad full of 6ft 4” cloggers.

Get us to safety and stability, then thank you very much and goodbye.

We're there already. The highest paid player at the club cant even trap a ball.