2023/24 Sean Dyche

…I doubt the choice of RB was why we lost that game today.

Folk complained about Young, they complained about Coleman being past it and complained about Patterson being a defensive liability. Regardless, only one team in the league have more clean sheets than Dyche Everton, only one team has conceded less goals from open play than Dyche Everton.

Whoever plays RB isn’t the issue.

I would argue you could make a case that it could have been different had we had a better right back playing. Godfrey had so many opportunities in dangerous areas which were squandered poorly. Coleman would never have conceded a penalty as soft as he did either. These are game changing situations. Not to mention Godfrey had cost us goals in each of our previous two matches by losing aerial battles leading to goals.

Look at the way Wolves, Bournemouth and Luton are playing, are we really saying those teams have players so much better than ours, they go into every game looking dangerous, pressing and trying to play football

What is our game plan? What are the players trying to achieve on the pitch?

The 10 point deduction was the best thing to happen to SD as it galvanised the squad for him when he couldn't

Wait there, I thought we were supposed be happy that James and Digne were replaced by myko and McNeil because of the “hard work”

When he eventually gets canned at Everton let’s see which top clubs come calling for him
He will be picked up by another relegation team mate. We're not a 'top club' right now

My only problem with Dyche at the moment is the inability to defend. Against Brighton he should have went 5 at the back and defended the 1-0 victory. Even against West Ham, I was thinking why not defend this now and hold out. Instead we have thrown both away.

My only problem with Dyche at the moment is the inability to defend. Against Brighton he should have went 5 at the back and defended the 1-0 victory. Even against West Ham, I was thinking why not defend this now and hold out. Instead we have thrown both away.
So, you're saying that the only thing Sean is good at (defending) has not been on display in those two games?

Look at the way Wolves, Bournemouth and Luton are playing, are we really saying those teams have players so much better than ours, they go into every game looking dangerous, pressing and trying to play football

What is our game plan? What are the players trying to achieve on the pitch?

The 10 point deduction was the best thing to happen to SD as it galvanised the squad for him when he couldn't
I would say Wolves better yes but not much better, but not the others. Luton clearly worse and Bournemouth a bit maybe. They found a way their team scoring, Bournemouth with Solanke and Wolves with Cunha. We didn't and I see game plan here, but it's not a good one a very predictable one.

I would say Wolves better yes but not much better, but not the others. Luton clearly worse and Bournemouth a bit maybe. They found a way their team scoring, Bournemouth with Solanke and Wolves with Cunha. We didn't and I see game plan here, but it's not a good one a very predictable one.

I watched Bournemouth last week against City, they're so much better than us it's frightening, quicker, stronger and play actual football

Mad the way nobody else did when he was out of work
I was more surprised about Eddie Howe. Dont't know what you think about him, but definitely would have been a better solution than Benitez back then. I remember him playing good football with Bournemouth, despite he got relegated with them. Does a decent job in Newcastle.

I would argue you could make a case that it could have been different had we had a better right back playing. Godfrey had so many opportunities in dangerous areas which were squandered poorly. Coleman would never have conceded a penalty as soft as he did either. These are game changing situations. Not to mention Godfrey had cost us goals in each of our previous two matches by losing aerial battles leading to goals.
Correct but most know Godfrey is never a right back. His distribution is bad, also when he runs with the ball down the line, don’t think he can see the white line