2023/24 Sean Dyche

There's a difference between wanting the team to win (we all do) but then acknowledging it's short comings.

United yesterday was one of them. To get a result we would need to be perfect and take chances as they're fragile. We then gave 2 penalties away.
You don't need to be perfect to get a result against this United team. They're crap.

Well Dyche refusing to use attacking full backs like Patterson isn’t helping Dom in his quest to stand still and have sitters presented on a plate from crosses is it.
And also, @kenada_blue has pretty completely ignored that most of those 'pinpoint deliveries' were actually from cutbacks that involve getting people into dangerous positions closer to goal, not 30 yards out from it.

Don't understand the goodwill he gets compared to previous crap managers
There is a core of supporters who just seem completely enamoured of safety first, hoofball, 1980s football. You saw it with the absolute defence of Allardyce, even with Benitez, and now with Dyche. The exact same people had zero patience for Martinez, Silva or Lampard despite preaching unity when their chosen style of manager is in charge. It's craven hypocrisy.

Ultimately
I disliked the football Burnley played under Dyche
And I dislike it at Everton
It makes my eyes bleed ,frankly
And sucks the passion out of me.
No team will prosper for long playing his limited football.
I was an advocate of Gallardo
I would have placed Schumacher in at the start of the season .
But that’s academic now because Dyche is going no where.
And the truth is I care a little less every game I watch this dullard football masquerading as an Everton team.
This team , this club and this manager are a betrayal of everything Everton once represented.
If I was a neutral, I’d rather watch paint dry than have 1minute of Dyche’s Everton inflicted on my eyeballs.
So I no longer have a manager I would like to replace Dyche because I’ve stopped actually caring enough .
But , hey, just for the sake of it let’s advocate Alonso , we wouldn’t get him in a million years obviously . But as a current example of how appointing an intelligent forward thinking manager can radically change not only a team but the game itself, Alonso is superb.
But we won’t , and he wouldn’t so let’s just keep slogging on to the end of this long, long dreary road with Sean Dull-as -Dishwater in command.
We are utterly irrelevant.
We play different football to Burnley under Dyche. Burnley never kept the ball, they played long ball and had 11 big players. We are actually playing decent football. We just can’t score.

Gallardo stats seem good but our stats seem good. I wouldn’t have trusted an inexperienced premier league manager to not keep us in the premier league. We tried the young fresh manager approach with Lampard, it didn’t work. What we need is stability right now.

Alonso has done well no doubt but has he been tested yet? He hasn’t been beaten yet so we can only judge once he’s faced defeat and we will then see if he has an ability to lift a team when they are down.

We play different football to Burnley under Dyche. Burnley never kept the ball, they played long ball and had 11 big players. We are actually playing decent football. We just can’t score.

Gallardo stats seem good but our stats seem good. I wouldn’t have trusted an inexperienced premier league manager to not keep us in the premier league. We tried the young fresh manager approach with Lampard, it didn’t work. What we need is stability right now.

Alonso has done well no doubt but has he been tested yet? He hasn’t been beaten yet so we can only judge once he’s faced defeat and we will then see if he has an ability to lift a team when they are down.
Why are you talking about Alonso coming to Everton?

Make as many excuses as you like, but the fact is that this manager lost twice at home to Luton Town and honestly that's a sackable offence in my eyes.

What league position do you think this team should be?

I'd say 15th.

His results (should) have us 14th.

But the horrendous run of form since we last won a game can't continue much longer.

Obviously, Leverkusen is a team that plays European football every season normally, but were in bad run last season, after being 3rd the season before. They were in relegation battle, when he took over. They played good football, but not getting results before, often losing due to terrible individual mistakes and not scoring. Alonso started pretty pragmatic for the 2nd half, focusing on building a good defense mainly. But making them unbeaten in official matches this season so far, and a top 3 in form team is more than impressive, playing pretty good football.

What league position do you think this team should be?

I'd say 15th.

His results (should) have us 14th.

But the horrendous run of form since we last won a game can't continue much longer.
Well, I said around 12th, but that was when the players were in a little bit of form.

Currently nobody is playing well.

We even have Tarks and Branners making mistakes atm.

3months without a win, sure we have had tough games, but that Palace side should have been easy enough to bat aside.

Also, I really dont like his current attitude, its a loser mentality, blaming the players, blaming the points deduction, he needs to man up and fight, not throw blame around.

There is a core of supporters who just seem completely enamoured of safety first, hoofball, 1980s football. You saw it with the absolute defence of Allardyce, even with Benitez, and now with Dyche. The exact same people had zero patience for Martinez, Silva or Lampard despite preaching unity when their chosen style of manager is in charge. It's craven hypocrisy.
I don't think you saw us in the 80's. We were direct, aggressive and could play. I would love to have the 80's style of play and players.

Unless you meant 1980 BC, in which case I still think that people preferred less turd football.

Well, I said around 12th, but that was when the players were in a little bit of form.

Currently nobody is playing well.

We even have Tarks and Branners making mistakes atm.

3months without a win, sure we have had tough games, but that Palace side should have been easy enough to bat aside.

Also, I really dont like his current attitude, its a loser mentality, blaming the players, blaming the points deduction, he needs to man up and fight, not throw blame around.

So his results should have us 14th and you think we should be 12th - which would be 4 points away. Even though we've not won in 3 months.

It's not massive margins is it.

I don't see us as 12th place side after the last few years either.

He's defended/protected the players for long enough - he's be in danger of doing a Martinez if he carried on that charade.

The only eyebrow raise for me has been his latest "sometimes youve got to risk getting hurt to score a goal" but I suspect thats aimed at one or two or a specific incident.

Nonsense, that.

Same old, same old implies long term.

He changed the striker and kept with him after he scored (even despite having an all round shocker, we should have been 2-0 up vs West Ham), and you look at the options and, knowing Coleman isn't fully fit, or Gomes - other than lashing Patterson in - there's sod all there.

1710078938075.png