2023/24 Sean Dyche

I would take them away on a break, get there minds off of it all and just have a laugh.
We need a happy team gagging to get back on the pitch once Bournemouth come around.
One win in three months and you want the squad to go on a break? Get there minds of it all and have a laugh!

Are the wages they're on not enough to keep them happy? Unfortunately there's nothing to laugh about. Our position and plight as a club is no laughing matter.

Except Kean, all of them based on their Everton days would start for us vs Bournemouth ahead of either McNeil or Harrison on current form.

All progress play and offer at least some creativity better than what we have now.

To compare the attacking talent Ancelotti had at Everton to Dyche is well off. Even just when you consider depth - we have nobody who can come in for McNeil or Harrison. Or Doucoure.

[Edit] To demonstrate. Compare that attacking three/balance - and fullbacks to what we have now.

depth.jpg

If we weren’t creating chances, if we weren’t losing games we shouldn’t be losing, such as Fulham, Wolves, West Ham etc at home then I’d point the finger solely at Dyche and his coaching staff.

But it looks to me that either the attacking players have no belief or they are just mentally fragile and scared to show conviction and take some responsibility in their approach.

They have been in the bottom 5 of the PL 3 seasons on the bounce now. There’s a reason for that.

As @ForeverBlue92 prides himself on being man of the people I feel it is my duty to reiterate to the masses that Dyche still has just under 18 months left to go on his contract.

Now whether he extends that deal I do not know, but what I do know is that based on the current situation of the club, he will not be getting sacked anytime soon and will more than likely see out the remaining term of his contract.

I would suggest therefore instead of pining for the likes of Graham Potter and Gary O'Neil that we get behind the team as make no mistake with the impending 2nd charge on its way, this season will once again go down to the wire.

3 weeks to rest those tired old legs and hopefully the lads can give Bournemouth a counter attacking masterclass and get those elusive +3 points.
Go back to bed Farhad

Except Kean, all of them based on their Everton days would start for us vs Bournemouth ahead of either McNeil or Harrison on current form.

All progress play and offer at least some creativity better than what we have now.

To compare the attacking talent Ancelotti had at Everton to Dyche is well off. Even just when you consider depth - we have nobody who can come in for McNeil or Harrison. Or Doucoure.

[Edit] To demonstrate. Compare that attacking three/balance - and fullbacks to what we have now.

View attachment 248427

I mean I’m not sitting here wishing we still had Gbamin, Tosun, Davies, Bernard, Allan, Kenny, Holgate, Olsen or Nkounkou to call upon as backup lol

That graphic does not demonstrate “depth” to me. It was an utterly honking squad.

I mean I’m not sitting here wishing we still had Gbamin, Tosun, Davies, Bernard, Allan, Kenny, Holgate, Olsen or Nkounkou to call upon as backup lol

The point was a simple one - we've struggled for goals before Dyche. Lampard had us on 15 goals in 20 games when Dyche come in.

If someone wants to go as far back as Ancelotti, then we've got to acknowledge he had much better attacking players/capability to score goals than what we have now.

If we had Digne and Richarlison on one flank over Mykolenko and McNeil, and a younger Coleman and Rodriguez on the other over Godfrey and Harrison then we score more goals.

We also had depth, whether it was Gordon, Bernard, Iwobi, Walcott or whoever - we don't have now. We only have McNeil and Harrison. If they have a knock, or in terrible form - they still play.

So what are you saying is a manager came in, found a way to play to a players strength and it paid off by delivering his best ever goal return?

Interesting

You forgetting about the drop in quality.

Myko isn't Digne. McNeil isn't Richarlison. Doucoure isn't Siggy. Harrison isn't James.

And Dom has had his chances. Let's not say he hasn't

Last edited:
Can we afford to sack him?
I think that's the problem. We should sack him for sportive reasons and the bad run in 2024. The fact that we couldn't even get a loan player in winter, despite having -40m net spending still shows that our financial situation is more than problematic, furthermore there are reasons about another possible PSR breach in 23/24.

Why shouldn`t this always be the aim?

Exactly the point when I talk about standards, the standards from our own fanbase is 17th. When we go in to a game against City, anyone, you try to compete to win the game. Ultimately you more than likely get beat but does that mean you should stop trying?

Or just give up?

There's a difference between wanting the team to win (we all do) but then acknowledging it's short comings.

United yesterday was one of them. To get a result we would need to be perfect and take chances as they're fragile. We then gave 2 penalties away.

I think the fact we are trying the same thing and style over and over again is one of the most frustrating aspects. He’s clearly thinks we’re creating enough “chances”. But many of the games are like the United one yesterday, 20 shots, but was there a really good chance? Maybe Dobbin’s.

Has he even swapped McNeil and Harrison to the opposite wing at any point this season? I can’t think if he has. But that would seem a basic alternative, even in-game, which would allow them to cut in and put crosses in, given their lack of pace to beat a full back.
United also concede shots for fun. They're the second-worst in the league for it.