2023/24 Sean Dyche

Yep, you can sense it amongst Evertonians. It's completely drab, lifeless football.

He's had multiple chances to proper galvanise the fanbase in an "us against the world" and really be aggressive against the sanctions, referring decisions etc but he's just full of soundbites which might wash with a smaller club but he just comes across as a bit of a tit here.

The fact he actually moaned about the players after West Ham...to then play the same players once again tells you all you need to know about his limitations. 3 months without a win but I bet you 99% of us can name his starting line up for Bournemouth away.
3 weeks break, a bit like Lampard had and Dyche will do nothing with them and come back with no improvement like Lampard did, yep we can pretty much call the team to start v Bournemouth right now.

Dyche won`t ever change, he is the modern day Allardyce....

Situational training sessions, brining in a striking coach. Its ok when we see these training videos and there dancing past cones and striking it into an empty net.

We simply do not have a form of attacking play, we don’t maintain a constant flow of pressure, the attackers spend the majority of their time outside the box.

Simply being pigheaded and saying my formation and style of play will come good because I’m the manager is absolutely pathetic.

I mentioned O’Neil at Wolves yesterday, they had a worse scoring record than us last season. He came, played a 4-2-3-1, it wasn’t working, he went away and found a solution.

Emery, a completely different level obviously, walks into Villa with a set of players that were struggling to win and score. Uses his very good ability as a coach, and within 3 months they went from relegation candidates to qualifying for Europe.

Good coaches find solutions

You've no idea what they do in training. Not. One. Especially to get players firing.

O'Neil has better quality strikers in terms of finishing (Cunha, Hwang). Emery has Watkins. Once you crack how to get them opportunities, they score them.

Again, are we complaining about not creating chances or putting them away? You can read articles about how statically Calvert Lewin's chances to conversion should have him on at least 8-9 goals. He's on 3.

Just looking now...we're 10th for big chances created (53). United are 11th (43). Wolves are 13th (43). West Ham 14th (41).

We've created 10+ more statistically better opportunities this season than United, West Ham and Wolves. Yet don't have the tally to show for it.

There's 2 ways of looking at that. Either our players don't have the quality to finish. Or these "chances" aren't really chances that players in the league can finish.

There is barely a player in this squad, that hasn't been called sh*t, coward or lacking heart over the past three years on this forum. The club is in a situation where the best type of manager for this situation is Sean Dyche. Yes the football is crap, but he has a system that has accumulated points, and if at any time one of those players had shown the ability to score a fecking goal we would be well clear of trouble..
But really, coach these players to be better!!!? I wouldn't trust them to do anything other than what they are doing right now.
We have been deducted points, so we are not in the league position we should be, even with these players.
Get the season over and done with. Stay up and review the managerial situation in line with the financial situation and realistic short term prospects.

Why is merely staying in the league so important ?
That has become our problem as a club.
We overvalue mere survival.
We excuse poor football because our expectations are so low.
Nobody else cares about our longevity.
There are no trophies for it.
Sport is supposed to be about endeavour, striving to be the best you can be, not survival.
I value an Everton team playing intelligent, combative football , a team that competes in every area of the pitch over where we finish.
It is a spectator sport after all.
We have become like a boxer who is always outclassed , reduced to merely clinging on for survival every bout , a boxer nobody values or cares about , a boxer who will be unremembered when he retires.
We have become a waste of space.
Perhaps like the figurative boxer above we should retire, call it a day , leave the way clear for someone else who may better embody the true values of sporting competitiveness?
If we are going out , let’s at least go out swinging , show a bit of pride ! Not hunched in the corner hiding behind our guard , getting battered again.

It's like I said....there's difference of opinions in failing with style or trying to keep hold of some pride.

View attachment 248408
View attachment 248409

Well maybe my standards are slightly higher, hence me saying the experience has failed
Ahh right, so 2 people speak for a whole fan base do they? Sound 👍

You seem very excitable. Somebody put stem cells in your fruit corner this morning?

You should realky stop twisting peoples words as you have tried to do here with me. Read the things people respond with and don’t just go into manic madman mode.

It went from me writing that he’d made us a bit more mentally strong to you claiming I thought 7 wins in 29 was sound. Not sure how that happened but ok 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think he could get more out of these players possibly, but then I also think they have e been bottom 5 for 3 seasons on the bounce for a reason.

Yep, you can sense it amongst Evertonians. It's completely drab, lifeless football.

He's had multiple chances to proper galvanise the fanbase in an "us against the world" and really be aggressive against the sanctions, referring decisions etc but he's just full of soundbites which might wash with a smaller club but he just comes across as a bit of a tit here.

The fact he actually moaned about the players after West Ham...to then play the same players once again tells you all you need to know about his limitations. 3 months without a win but I bet you 99% of us can name his starting line up for Bournemouth away.
It’s almost like he’s predictable and that the average, how did he put it, oh “internet warrior and not a real fan”, can almost bet what he’ll do in game:

IMG_2987.jpeg

IMG_2988.jpeg

IMG_2989.jpeg

God knows what a professional manager must be able to predict

Ahh right, so 2 people speak for a whole fan base do they? Sound 👍

You seem very excitable. Somebody put stem cells in your fruit corner this morning?

You should realky stop twisting peoples words as you have tried to do here with me. Read the things people respond with and don’t just go into manic madman mode.

It went from me writing that he’d made us a bit more mentally strong to you claiming I thought 7 wins in 29 was sound. Not sure how that happened but ok 🤷🏻‍♂️
So someone did say it then

Thanks for clearing that up

But they`ve also got Bournemouth (A), Forest (H), Bournemouth (H), Brentford (H), Wolves (A), Everton (H), West Ham (A), and last day Fulham (H).

I think it is going to be unbelievably tight....

But if we go on the same run as we`ve just been on they only need 7 points from them because we only get 5 more and another deduction.

Forest, Brentford, and Us at home in a relegation scrap where both teams will not want to lose.

Brentford and Forest have goalscorers. And let's give them 3 points from us if we're being generous. They still need technically 4 more wins.

100% agree, the club has certainly managed the erosion of our standards and I think that was done purposefully by BK because he could never live up to those standards.

The biggest concern, and probably the most saddest, is our own fans slipping of standards. Even before the points deductions and ownership issues it was "who is coming to Everton", yet we got Ancelotti. OK the lure of Madrid was too much but he is on record saying he would have stayed if Madrid didn`t come in.

I`ve always been consistent that as a club we should go for the best manager available, that is how you build a winning club with a winning mentality and not with managers that do no know or understand what a winning culture looks like. Alot will come at he saying "Who we gonna get" but without knowing the criteria Thelwell has set in his club model it is hard to know.

I was never on board with Dyche in the 1st place, start with the very best available and sound them out until you get one that does have an interest in the project. But the club needs to ask the question and not dismiss them because they don`t think they will come, that is a loser mentality. Glasner was a brilliant appointment by Crystal Palace, no way this club would have ever asked an out of work coach like that!

For a large amount of our fanbase 3 wins at home all season is good enough, 5 points from 11 is good enough. Good enough to the extent they are even defending all these as "not his fault", it was the same with a certain ex-chairman who was clapped on the big screen at GP. It is these fans with no standards and no ambition for this club is the reason we got Dyche and we got the the club we have.

Excellent post mate.👏👏👏👏

Have we moved to another league or will we be competing with the exact same opposition...

When fans say our ambition "Should be to stay in the league and find stability" you know you are nothing more than Sean Dyche`s Burnley.

Maybe we have.

But mainly due to seeing 6 point deductions, possibly more or a transfer ban, a billion pound debt, and a takeover by some coke dealing Ponzi schemers who don't have any money.

But yeah...we should be competing with City etc.

Situational training sessions, brining in a striking coach. Its ok when we see these training videos and there dancing past cones and striking it into an empty net.

We simply do not have a form of attacking play, we don’t maintain a constant flow of pressure, the attackers spend the majority of their time outside the box.

Simply being pigheaded and saying my formation and style of play will come good because I’m the manager is absolutely pathetic.

I mentioned O’Neil at Wolves yesterday, they had a worse scoring record than us last season. He came, played a 4-2-3-1, it wasn’t working, he went away and found a solution.

Emery, a completely different level obviously, walks into Villa with a set of players that were struggling to win and score. Uses his very good ability as a coach, and within 3 months they went from relegation candidates to qualifying for Europe.

Good coaches find solutions
Excellent post

The fans are finding it hard at the moment , bit battle weary with it all, three seasons of never ending rubbish, pressure on and off the pitch.
If the players came out all guns blazing they would get right behind them, but we don't might do for a 15 minute spell then it's back to hoof and defend are forward play is the worst in the prem,
maybe only Sheffield Unt on par.
Honestly when we score now I just expect the other team to get an equaliser and a mistake to cost us the game.
It's like watching scooby doo different location every week but the same outcome.
I honestly think we will beat everyone the week before we play it just my nature never want to see us give up before a ball is kicked
But I am struggling with this lot, didn't even put the first half on yesterday listening on the radio till we were two down.
Just worn out with them at the moment suspect loads more are as well
Don't think there is much of a connection with the manager or most of the team with the fans.
(Pickford, Tarks , Branthwaite and Coleman only ones that look like they care most of the time) ,and certainly none for anyone at the top of the club it's a shell of a club at the moment.
Look like we are circulating the toilet bowl on and off the pitch at the moment