2023/24 Sean Dyche

Well let’s hope that just doing the same thing match after match is going to be enough.

Because that’s all we’re going to get. There will be no adaptation, except where forced by player availability.

I do agree he has to change things up but it's not going to be a drastic overhaul as there's foundations in place.

The issue is what can you do to improve the conversation rate. It's not the chances, it's putting them away.

Can't play Beto and Dom together as we've seen it didn't work in the cup and both aren't going to improve their finishing.

The only thing I can think of is playing Doucoure up top and having Neil/Harrison alternate off him, have Dobbin outside and if Danjuma is fit.

But even then that's a bit blergh and doesn't really solve a player being able to put the ball either side of a keeper.

But its clearly a bit of both.
Look at McNeil last week against west ham. 1 nil up. In the centre of the goal 5 yards out. He still manages to hit the keeper. Thats nothing to do with dyche 50 yards away on the touchline.
You've got to bury that. 2-0. Game more or less over.
It’s got a lot to do with dyche, we don’t attack in numbers = less goals, he has less than a goal a game in his 304 games as a prem manager. We sit with a back 4 and 2 defensive midfielders that rarely move. We basically have 4 attacking players most weeks usually up against 6/8 defenders.

Yes the front 4 aren’t good enough,
But if Liverpool just attacked with 4 and never pushed Arnold or Robertson forward or their midfielders. Liverpool would score less goals. We never win from behind, we never beat teams comfortably, he coaches the players he sets them up, he should be giving them confidence, buy not setting them up so negative and leaving the strikers isolated he’s sapping thier confidence.

Just think far too many Blues here are frankly in La La land if they think its tactics and football style that gets this sort of run of results.
So you actually think that any manager in world football would not improve us?

Ignoring the fact that this is how Dyche had us last year, had Burnley for 8 years - all the metrics of wins and goals scored throughout his entire career being inline to how we are now, is just irrelevant because of a points deductions

You can look to explain away the worst winless run in decades if you wish, but it remains damning whichever way you frame it.
who should we have won against in those fixtures? All above us in the table, most hoping to get into Europe. If you we hadn’t conceded at Brighton in the 94min, would you you have been happy?
you look at it in cold hard facts, see the quality of the opposition. It would be interesting to see if we were favourite with the bookies to win any of the fixtures.
I get football is emotional, but it’s a tricky judge of reason

I'm not disagreeing. But im loathe to give them a free ride in this.
I can understand that.

But when the problem is forwards not scoring goals - when that's basically what all forwards live for - as opposed to the problem being them looking disinterested and trotting around - then I don't think yelling at them to shoot better is helpful.

It may sound insane to some - it even sounds insane to me when I spell it out like this - but I don't think it's on the players that they aren't scoring. I imagine they are desperate to - and it certainly feels that way watching them.

who should we have won against in those fixtures? All above us in the table, most hoping to get into Europe. If you we hadn’t conceded at Brighton in the 94min, would you you have been happy?
you look at it in cold hard facts, see the quality of the opposition. It would be interesting to see if we were favourite with the bookies to win any of the fixtures.
I get football is emotional, but it’s a tricky judge of reason
West Ham, for one.

So you actually think that any manager in world football would not improve us?

Ignoring the fact that this is how Dyche had us last year, had Burnley for 8 years - all the metrics of wins and goals scored throughout his entire career being inline to how we are now, is just irrelevant because of a points deductions
No not at all what I'm saying they would definitely get us relegated if a new manager is in position come Bournemouth match.

Can't play Beto and Dom together as we've seen it didn't work in the cup and both aren't going to improve their finishing.
Well you can, and change the formation.

He played those 2 in a game with the same crap 4-4-1-1 / 4-4-2 variant with no overlapping full backs, no crosses from the dead all line, no movement from anywhere.

It was 60 minutes of “hit the big fellas”; this is the entire argument about his in ability to find solutions.

He could easily go 3-5–2 to at home and tell the wingbacks to play as forward as possible, work on little attacking plays in training that gets them to byeline to throw crosses in. Force the opposition back, play the game in there half and press them continually.

But nope, stick to what’s not working with different personnel and blame Xg

No not at all what I'm saying they would definitely get us relegated if a new manager is in position come Bournemouth match.
You can’t say that with any certainty though, a new manager could easily find ways of attacking, and those home games we have left become wins because the team are more aggressive and that harnesses the crowd.

It is probably too late to change; but this Dyche experiment has failed massively and no matter what happens in the summer he needs to be removed

I can understand that.

But when the problem is forwards not scoring goals - when that's basically what all forwards live for - as opposed to the problem being them looking disinterested and trotting around - then I don't think yelling at them to shoot better is helpful.

It may sound insane to some - it even sounds insane to me when I spell it out like this - but I don't think it's on the players that they aren't scoring. I imagine they are desperate to - and it certainly feels that way watching them.
None of them are natural goal scorers is the bigger issue. Has been since Lukaku departed kindly packed off by many here for being lazy, the irony is giggle worthy.

Form table since Dec 17th 2 teams Dyche has managed
1000020105.jpg

You can’t say that with any certainty though, a new manager could easily find ways of attacking, and those home games we have left become wins because the team are more aggressive and that harnesses the crowd.

It is probably too late to change; but this Dyche experiment has failed massively and no matter what happens in the summer he needs to be removed
It hasn’t “failed massively” though that’s nonsense.

He was brought in to keep us up when we looked a certainty for the drop and he kept us up.

If the club had managed their finances better and not been the dubious subject of farcical financial rules he’d be sat on 31 points now and needing only another handful of points to have us mid table.

The football is awful to watch and win his record is grim reading, but I don’t think there’s any debate that he’s improved the structure of the side after the last 2 seasons of a ridiculously weak mentality under fat pig man and Lampard.