2023/24 Sean Dyche

“Responsibility on the players.”

Oh get in the bin you buck passing berk.
If you look At the fixtures for the last 11 games.
Expected losses -
Man City x 2
Spurs x 2 (with a point)
Man Utd away
West Ham (7th) *
Wolves (away currently 8th)

Draws against
Villa
Brighton away
Fulham away
Crystal Palace*

There are only two games at the start of the season I would have put down for better results. Prob about 3 points down on that.

We have 8 games left I would expect 12 - 14 points from. Just based on league performance.
To be honest I’m not expecting a win away at bornmourh, or anything from arsenal Newcastle, Chelsea. Or rs. But points with homes games at forest, sheff utd, brentford, Burnley, and maybe Luton away.

Who we play matters when judging results.

Last edited:
Dyche has made my eyes water by playing firstly Young and then Godfrey at full-back because
they are both crap in that position but overall Dyche has been a positive at EFC over the two seasons.
He does foster a good team spirit and his teams have not stopped playing as they did under Walter Smith
and Martinez. His transfers have been mixed but not a complete wash-out like Koeman and Allardyce.

As for his style its not his fault that McNeil is bang average, that DCL is struggling and that we have full-backs
who cannot overlap. Harrison is bang average but is on loan and Beto might still make it if he has a little bit
of support.

Dyche has been docked 6 points unfairly, has had little dosh to work with and has inherited a poor squad which will take years
to clean up. Yesterday, his team had loads of shots barely any on target, that is on the players. I think he has the character
to keep the show on the road and even if EFC are docked more points we have to be grateful that we have a fighter and not
a weak manager.

If you look At the fixtures for the last 11 games.
Expected losses -
Man City x 2
Spurs x 2 (with a point)
Man Utd away
West Ham (7th) *
Wolves (away currently 8th)

Draws against
Villa
Brighton away
Fulham away
Crystal Palace*

There are only two games at the start of the season I would have put down for better results. Prob about 3 points down on that.

We have 8 games left I would expect 12 - 14 points from. Just based on league performance.
To be honest I’m not expecting a win away at bornmourh, or anything from arsenal Newcastle, Chelsea. Or rs. But points with homes games at forest, sheff utd, brentford, Burnley, and maybe Luton away.

Who we play matters when judging results.
You can look to explain away the worst winless run in decades if you wish, but it remains damning whichever way you frame it.

so why hasn’t he sacked him?
Because Mosh has lost interest. Why should he pay out more to sack and recruit? Its human nature - he's trying to get out of the club that protested against him and the board and made them feel very, very unwelcome. I remember saying at the time that this would be a likely outcome - he's not a fan he's an investor, so he has no interest in hanging around a bunch of public that (rightly) view him in such a toxic way.

Responsibility on the players.”

Oh get in the bin you buck passing berk.

As much as the manager carries the can there is truth in that. There are a few things he said in the post match interview that i didnt agree with. Like its the most chances ive ever had at old trafford down the years. United have lost 5 at home this season. They are as average a united side in many a year. I looked at palace fulham and bournemouth who all won there. Everton created more chances than all of them. Difference is we cant finish anything. I dont know why its so inconceivable that the players shouldnt shoulder this responsibility aswell.
No lover of dyche but i think its a fair comment.

As much as the manager carries the can there is truth in that. There are a few things he said in the post match interview that i didnt agree with. Like its the most chances ive ever had at old trafford down the years. United have lost 5 at home this season. They are as average a united side in many a year. I looked at palace fulham and bournemouth who all won there. Everton created more chances than all of them. Difference is we cant finish anything. I dont know why its so inconceivable that the players shouldnt shoulder this responsibility aswell.
No lover of dyche but i think its a fair comment.
I just want something from him that says “we recognise we need to change things.”

An admission that just doing the same things isn’t sufficient is not a lot to ask.

It really annoyed me when he brushed off the idea that we might need a striking coach in his pre match presser.

There’s a massive psychological block with our forwards that he and his staff aren’t resolving.

We need to change something. He communicates no desire to do so.

His dedication to playing Harrison and Young, while not giving the likes of Patterson a chance, is what bothers me the most. He is inflexible to the n-th degree.

For all his talk about xg and chances and all that jazz, I haven't seen one thing on the pitch that suggests we're trying to rectify the issue with any real sincerity.

Doing the same thing over and over, regardless of the impact, would be labelled stupidity by many.

I just want something from him that says “we recognise we need to change things.”

An admission that just doing the same things isn’t sufficient is not a lot to ask.

It really annoyed me when he brushed off the idea that we might need a striking coach in his pre match presser.

There’s a massive psychological block with our forwards that he and his staff aren’t resolving.

We need to change something. He communicates no desire to do so.

Yeah. The players. Unfortunately we're stuck with them for a good reason.

I agree. But it’s hard to do that if this run continues.

It's a bad run but I'm more confident we'll get out of it and that's mainly down to he gaffer IMO.

Every season these players in some respects let the side down and another reason why we're a bottom 6-8 club.

Stability off the pitch combined with quality on the pitch takes you up the table.

We don't fully have that.