2023/24 Sean Dyche

Everton are in no position to replace another manager with a second points deduction looming and a takeover that won't go through.
everton are in no position to get relegated.

I'm not sure if he should be fired right now but I'm a big advocate for change in the Summer.
If we keep appointing average or below managers, we'll keep having to replace them.
Moyes and Ancelotti are the only two half decent managers in recent times, they are also the only two not to be fired.

Stick or twist though, whilst we move closer to relegation, by the very fact we can't win a raffle nevermind a footy match..

Problems we have -

poorly assembled squad, no one who loves Everton is happy with.

An owner who is bat sh t crazy, hasn't a clue and seemingly isn't interested anymore.

Potential.new owners who I believe won't be new owners and even if they are won't make us better, or take us out of the cycle we are in.

Possible further points deduction

A defensive coach, who is somehow our manager, he hasn't a clue what to do with attacking other teams. Backed up from his history with other teams as well as ours. But hugely hamstrung by our current squad. Which in theory is only going to get worse, because we haven't a pot to pi55 in.

So, stick it twist? Who would do a better job. With a long term vision for what we want to be, at least heading in the right direction.

You'd have to be crazy to want to manage Everton, or desperate... we work in the last point, desperate.
or appeal to someone's Everton history, sell the BMD factor. Go out and get Carsley and Weir.
And even if they do go down they can build.
If Dyche goes down he also might bounce straight back but we'll always be bottom half PL with him and we'll never be any fun to watch.

Is that true ?? That’s shocking if it is
1000012201.jpg

XG from open play appears to be 29 with only 14 goals scored. But we miss easy chances in all situations. Don't know if that necessarily reflects well or badly on Dyche.

Last edited:

I did not realise just how many Blues were closet Tories until Lampard rocked up 'ere.

The adulation of the man was very unsavoury to say the least particularly when you throw in his awful management record.

Aren’t you the fella that won’t stop bleating on about “woke lefties” in the current affairs forum, and you’re on here calling other people closet tories? While also proceeding to relentlessly huff the farts of a manager that idolises Margaret Thatcher? You’re an absolute disgrace and the biggest snake and hypocrite on here.

🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍 🐍

what they don’t want you to know is;
We’ve scored 14 goals from open play
The XG from open play is around 10

We’re crap and don’t really have an attacking way of playing
It's actually 27.1, seems too high imo, expected it to be 20-22, for the games against Fulham, West Ham and Wolves. The output of 14 is really poor and worrying, should be a few higher surely with the chances we had. I'm two-minded with Dyche as some coaching mistakes are visible, he's responsible for the general set up and some repetitive things are honestly frustrating.

These are 3 copy paste games, lost in the last few minutes with more chances than the opponent, far more. But tbf, there have been many games with barely chances as well. Ok, we mostly didn't admit a lot to the opponent either, but that was at the cost of attacking ability.

The question is on what is our poor conversation rate. A lot of decent footballers, but bad finishers, some of the worst I've seen as a team in 40 yrs of watching the sport. What makes us finishing so bad, there must be more than tactics behind it, I also think especially in the case of DCL it's a mental thing. We all know if something doesn't work endlessly you doubt about yourself. And the mental aspect is key in football.

What doesn't change is the reality of our poor game in possession mostly, long ball from GK, CB to an isolated ST. If you play that style, you need wingers to overlap, we don't have them due to 2 reasons, they are too much occupied in the defensive game and they lack pace and good first touches, when they get the ball. But only that style is quite after a while readable for the opponent and gets righteously criticized as we don't alternate a lot. I take set piece goals happily they count the same amount, but not on the expense of open play.

I did not realise just how many Blues were closet Tories until Lampard rocked up 'ere.

The adulation of the man was very unsavoury to say the least particularly when you throw in his awful management record.
says the poster who hates people on the left and who bigs up Dyche who adores Margaret Thatcher……

Not forgetting your love of kopite legends

Thatcher is one of Dyche's heroes. Leave politics out of it.

Tbf to Dyche he explained that he respects Thatcher as a historical figure and not her politics/policies.

says the poster who hates people on the left and who bigs up Dyche who adores Margaret Thatcher……

Not forgetting your love of kopite legends

Hogwash.