2023/24 Sean Dyche

It has, but we've relied on chaos or absolute luck to create something in home games where we should have the upper hand but we set up like losers from the start, which is on Dyche.

Well im not overly bothered about style right now. How could you be under dyche. You know what you're getting. The fact chances have been made and not taken isn't soley on him.

Well im not overly bothered about style right now. How could you be under dyche. You know what you're getting. The fact chances have been made and not taken isn't soley on him.
It's not about style? It's about literally no game plan going forward, sod the style if it works, but when it doesn't we end up just hoofing it forward for about 90 minutes in arguably the worst football we've played for the last 20 years, just like our last 4-5 games more or less.

He’s got a plan and a way of playing that suits away games. Let teams come onto us, stay in defensive shape and hit them on transition - it’s worked for him and credit to him.

Problem is he’s trying to play the same way at home when teams that come to Goodison are happy to stay in defensive shape themselves. We don’t get the opportunities like we do playing away, teams don’t set up the same so it’s up to Dyche to set us up differently when the onus is on us. He doesn’t look like he knows how to do that at the moment, he doesn’t have a plan for how to open teams up.
The defending for the 2nd goal shows Dyche doesn't have a clue about stopping crosses and getting blocks in before someone attempts the shot.

Put those ten points back on & we would be still looking over our shoulder ATM, but we think would stay up - it's not looking good -

1 - we may get another 6 points deduction or 2 - we may go into administration - that's an automatic 9 point deduction -

It must be hard to manage a club like ours - ATM - if we do go down, I feel we need a better manager than him to fetch us up ...

I am not talking about that.

I am talking about you thinking he had a good start to the season.

He didn’t.

And if we had have had an even average start….say beating Fulham and Luton…we would have been looking over our shoulder regardless of points deduction.

It's not about style? It's about literally no game plan going forward, sod the style if it works, but when it doesn't we end up just hoofing it forward for about 90 minutes in arguably the worst football we've played for the last 20 years, just like our last 4-5 games more or less.

No. Its not. I posted at the start of the season i didnt care how he did it but for this season i just wanted by hook or by crook to just stay away from the bottom 3. Ive felt sick going into the last few weeks of the season for two years.
Its not for everyone i appreciate that.

Nonsense - I’m not on about starting them either but I wouldn’t have an issue with that.

We went to 1-1 yesterday, McNeill and Harrison looked goosed but are left on. Shape and not conceding has flew out the window boss.
Harrison is like a lost puppy on the right, sometimes if you hadn't seen the team sheet beforehand you wouldn't know he was playing.

I know we have a very thin squad, but start giving players chances to prove themselves. ( they can't do worse then what we're playing sometimes )

Yesterday was so bad, even worse after a points deduction boost.🫣

Beto missed a shocking penalty but the lad did score..
That should of been 3pts on the table but we crumbled like 💩

Any points we got back we threw away in the same wk..

Harrison is like a lost puppy on the right, sometimes if you hadn't seen the team sheet beforehand you wouldn't know he was playing.

I know we have a very thin squad, but start giving players chances to prove themselves. ( they can't do worse then what we're playing sometimes )

Yesterday was so bad, even worse after a points deduction boost.🫣

Beto missed a shocking penalty but the lad did score..
That should of been 3pts on the table but we crumbled like 💩

Any points we got back we threw away in the same wk..
Yet, I think many would say we were the better team and arguably had enough chances to put West Ham to bed relatively comfortably if we'd been more clinical.

It wasn't the best football, yet it was better than a lot we've played as of late. Our issue is that we continue to fail to be clinical up front, and are so slow elsewhere.

In terms of Harrison, I've made my views clear a few times now: defensively, he helps out in front of a position Dyche feels we're weak, but offensively - urgh.

He is slow, far too often needlessly cuts inside or back, lets the opposition close around him, and his passing and crossing leaves a lot to be desired.

Although, a fair few blues who watched Leeds last year and beyond have all said the same to me - he looked very different for Leeds. He's regressed with us.

You could say that for a few players too, so is it the players or is it something else? Maybe, it's both.

I see this thread is the usual parade of Dyche fanboys telling everyone else that we're lucky to have him and that no wins in 10 is absolutely, positively nothing to do with the manager of the football club, and that the people with no sense of proportion are the ones suggesting that Dyche could maybe try something different once in a while.
It doesn't have to mean that Dyche is the only problem at the club to suggest that he's not performing well at the moment. There is no manager at any club in the world who wouldn't be under scrutiny with zero wins in 3 months. He needs to step up and do something.

If he had no game plan, how could he have won 31 points which also should possibly be even more if we had taken chances created v Fulham, Wolves and West Ham?

Seeing as you know, how much will it cost to pay them off?

Versus the £60m-£80m we lose via relegation...

The points deduction is what it is, given the form of the 1st half of the season we should be able to absorb that and whatever is coming but the last 13 games our form has nose dived off a cliff.

Had we beat Palace and managed to hang on against 10 man Brighton we sit here today on 30 points, no one would be calling for Dyche to go. But that isn`t the case and the club comes before any one individual.

The fact we are talking about sacking Dyche is the need to stay up and get a new manager bounce, something we won`t get with Dyche. More likely we will limp to the end of the season, go down and then cry forever about a points deduction, I`d prefer the club to have the balls to act sooner and give us a better chance.
I would estimate 7-8m to dismiss Dyche and his team. The unknown is the second charge. If it is 6 points or less I still think we will finish clear of Luton. Hopefully the new ownership (not 777) is then ratified before the transfer window opens and they can make a decision on Dyche. Personally I think they will give him one more season and then start a fresh with a more progressive team heading into the new stadium

I would estimate 7-8m to dismiss Dyche and his team. The unknown is the second charge. If it is 6 points or less I still think we will finish clear of Luton. Hopefully the new ownership (not 777) is then ratified before the transfer window opens and they can make a decision on Dyche. Personally I think they will give him one more season and then start a fresh with a more progressive team heading into the new stadium
7m-8m with just over 12 months left on his contract....

No way is Dyche and his team on that sort of money, they aren`t paying Dyche the same as Ancelotti, not in a million years.....

Im not saying Dyche is doing a good job, I think RECENTLY, hes doing a terrible job, but I do think the points deduction plays a part here, we all just look at the table and see where we are and its not good enough.

If you add the 6 points, we are safer, but our recent form is beyond horrific.

Not beating at least Palace or West Ham, is less than ideal, Godfrey isnt playing badly, but hes still a CB playing RB, McNeil and Harrison, I just dont know.

But anyway, sack Dyche? Then what, appoint who? We pay very, very good wages, so im sure we could attract somebody decent, but its a risk, you are looking for an out of work manager who wants to "risk" getting hit for another 10 points and getting relegated for off field issues and before people question it, no its very unlikely it not impossible we get another 10 points, but anyway.

So I think we probably need to forget about sacking him and see what happens in the next 3 months, if he can pick our form back up and we can coast till the end of the season, then, well, anyway, my stance is ask me in May, but for now, I think we should stick with Dyche, but its bad, very, very bad.

7m-8m with just over 12 months left on his contract....

No way is Dyche and his team on that sort of money, they aren`t paying Dyche the same as Ancelotti, not in a million years.....
Dyche is on around 5m and you would typically agree a 12 month severance. So 7-8m for the whole team seems a fair estimate. Carlo was on £11m reportedly. When we are nip and tuck against the next FFP accounting period I think they will stick with him

Since our 4 game winning bounce. Thankfully got a few draws but not great looking.

Untitled.png