2023/24 Sean Dyche

Not at all. It's not the players fault there strengths don't lie in possession based footy.
He’s got a plan and a way of playing that suits away games. Let teams come onto us, stay in defensive shape and hit them on transition - it’s worked for him and credit to him.

Problem is he’s trying to play the same way at home when teams that come to Goodison are happy to stay in defensive shape themselves. We don’t get the opportunities like we do playing away, teams don’t set up the same so it’s up to Dyche to set us up differently when the onus is on us. He doesn’t look like he knows how to do that at the moment, he doesn’t have a plan for how to open teams up.

So Dyche gets the plaudits for away games but it’s the players fault for home games. Makes sense

i'd say that isnt a million miles from the truth. Ancelotti had the same issue. His season here everton won 6 and lost 9 at home. Won 11 and lost 4 away. The two seasons after he left the away performances were diabolical. As were the results. There is no doubt everton have toughened up on the road under dyche. The home form there is a mixture of dyche being predictable and stubborn(substitutions) but also the players simply havent taken chances. Ive got no love for Dyche but im also not going to call it out as to what i see. And thats players not taking chances at home. Theres been at least 4 or 5 where the finishing has been just terrible.

Theres always an argument about players playing woefully game after game but getting a full game each week and therefore becoming more lapse a daisy.
They get the nod from dyche week in week out and they are getting worse.
At some stage he has to have the courage to play others/ give more game time to others, out wide who can offer something different.

Dyche has us as a midtable team (ignoring deductions) on a team made up of botlaces and having to sell his best players.
He may not be one of our greatest managers, but considering the circumstances he done about as good a job as any manager who would come here could do. We’d be mad to get rid of him right now, absolutely mad even to consider it.

He’s got a plan and a way of playing that suits away games. Let teams come onto us, stay in defensive shape and hit them on transition - it’s worked for him and credit to him.

Problem is he’s trying to play the same way at home when teams that come to Goodison are happy to stay in defensive shape themselves. We don’t get the opportunities like we do playing away, teams don’t set up the same so it’s up to Dyche to set us up differently when the onus is on us. He doesn’t look like he knows how to do that at the moment, he doesn’t have a plan for how to open teams up.
Our transition attacking is poor

If we had not had the 6 point deduction & maybe another one pending 0- Dyche has & did well early this season - the form of late is without looking at the point's deduction very worrying - plus the fact we have no buyer for the club as yet - Its bound to have had a knock on effect however - Dyche has gone backwards in his formation of the team - his substitutions etc - TBH its relegation football ATM 10 games = 30 points - Dyche has achieved just 5 points mate ....
Not saying I am pro Dyche I am just realistic about our ability to pay him and his team off and then bring in a suitable replacement. We are stuck with him so need to Unite behind him and the team

Not saying I am pro Dyche I am just realistic about our ability to pay him and his team off and then bring in a suitable replacement. We are stuck with him so need to Unite behind him and the team
Seeing as you know, how much will it cost to pay them off?

Versus the £60m-£80m we lose via relegation...

The points deduction is what it is, given the form of the 1st half of the season we should be able to absorb that and whatever is coming but the last 13 games our form has nose dived off a cliff.

Had we beat Palace and managed to hang on against 10 man Brighton we sit here today on 30 points, no one would be calling for Dyche to go. But that isn`t the case and the club comes before any one individual.

The fact we are talking about sacking Dyche is the need to stay up and get a new manager bounce, something we won`t get with Dyche. More likely we will limp to the end of the season, go down and then cry forever about a points deduction, I`d prefer the club to have the balls to act sooner and give us a better chance.

The quality of our wide players going forward is costing us massively. Defensively the work very hard but that shouldn't always be their main job.

i'd say that isnt a million miles from the truth. Ancelotti had the same issue. His season here everton won 6 and lost 9 at home. Won 11 and lost 4 away. The two seasons after he left the away performances were diabolical. As were the results. There is no doubt everton have toughened up on the road under dyche. The home form there is a mixture of dyche being predictable and stubborn(substitutions) but also the players simply havent taken chances. Ive got no love for Dyche but im also not going to call it out as to what i see. And thats players not taking chances at home. Theres been at least 4 or 5 where the finishing has been just terrible.
It has, but we've relied on chaos or absolute luck to create something in home games where we should have the upper hand but we set up like losers from the start, which is on Dyche.

In all likelihood we will finish 4th bottom with our home form as Bournemouth have played 2 less than us...

We can`t get results at home yet our remaining home fixtures are Liverpool (Guaranteed Loss), Burnley, Forest, Brentford and Sheff Utd.

Better away from home but our away games are Man Utd, Newcastle, Chelsea, Luton and Arsenal.

No idea where our next win is coming from, 3 wins from 14 home games suggests we are only winning 1 of them home games and I think during the run in we will be giving points to our direct rivals, this is the season we go. How can anyone see it any different?

1709479576781.png