2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think he could, if he wanted to. He constantly plays the two slowest wingers in the league, this may work in a side with a bit of quality, but, in aside devoid of quality, who have a manager with two attacking plans, hoof, or break aways we desperately need pace on the wings. Also playing Godfrey at right back is a nonsense, our right side is even worse than the rest of the team.

Dobbin and Chermiti have to be given some games, Dyche really has to stop just picking the same thing players week after week, in the hope that they will magically improve.

So who plays on the wing then instead of Harrison or McNeil?

It would be alright if we could just be grateful that having both Dyche and a points deduction coincided with the three promoted teams being DOA for the first time in a few years, but the chances of the club using this time to prepare for a change in the summer are basically zero.

Three terrible appointment in a row now, with nothing happening off the field to suggest that it's going to get any better any time soon.

You’re giving the coach an easy out for our home form - it’s nothing to do with his tactics or coaching?

We’re not winning at home because we’re so predictable and easy to play against. Every team knows to let us have the ball and we have no idea what to do with it. That’s because the manager doesn’t place any value or emphasis on possession of the football and what to do when in possession of the ball.

Spend no time coaching patrerns of attack, how to play in possession of the football, don’t come into post match interviews crying about xg or big moments like it’s nothing to do with you.
That's because our strengths don't lie in possession. Remember Frank 'enjoy the ball' Lampard?

We play possession and we give it away for a team to play on the counter and score. If we were capable of controlling games in possession at home we'd be well above 40 pts by now. Do you honestly think that's where this squad is after 3 relegation battles in a row?

His comments after the game - we have to score more goals from every position on the pitch - really we have not won this year, for him to only realise that is mind blowing IMO - if the club was on a financial standing he would have been sacked last night ....

5 years ago he'd have been long gone but we've well and truly had our wings clipped. Our standing in the game is probably at the lowest it's ever been and unfortunately it's highly likely Dyche is actually the best we can get.

We could roll the dice and get someone inexperienced in but there's every chance we'd just be appointing another Lampard.

What if I spun your own argument against you and said. Dyche kept Mina off the pitch as he was saving him for the final few games, or would that not suit the agenda?

No mate.

Mina had been injured and was fit again for those last few games.

He wasn’t hidden away in some basement somewhere, to be unwrapped to save our season.

A quick look at one or two of their forums shows there are some who consider Kompany to be absolutely inept at this level and would rather have Dyche back over what they're currently seeing. He's not their fantasy appointment but if he rocked up there tomorrow I doubt there'd be protests against either his appointment or the removal of VK.

Regardless it's quite interesting to see that he was calling out players, albeit indirectly, after yesterday's failure to put the game to bed. Seems like a change in tack over his usual methods.
That means he’s under pressure imo, he constantly picks the same players and is on a terrible run last equaled 30yrs ago

Also like some Burnley fans who think just surviving in the prem and getting to then play, the likes of city, utd, Liverpool and arsenal every year as some holy grail. Just like a lot of Everton fans would take Moyes back and quite happily not win anything for 10yrs as long as we finshesd between 7th and 10th,
Maybe got to a cup semi and final, and
Had a few seasons in Europe. A lot of Everton fans don’t want that and want better, even if it’s a bit of a pipe dream and I’m sure there’s plenty of Burnley fans who don’t want to go back to dyche.

If I`m remembering correctly he went to Roma as a long term rebuild project, he won the conference league and had the club in and around the top 6 of the league, got to the QF of the Coppa Italia, won the Europa Conference League and come Runner-up in the Europa League.

I`m sure the fact that Everton could pay him more than Roma and another rebuild project might be good enough. Let`s get one thing clear, Roma isn`t a top club in Italy, they have had periods of success but not to the level Everton have had in the past, just 3 league wins.

Who know, I`m not leading negotiations but the club have only ever gone for the best man for the job once in my lifetime, it is usually the "easy" choice which is always the wrong choice.

View attachment 247800
We're borrowing money to pay players wages, with 777 to come in who are constantly losing and moving cash flow around. You're not aware of the reality, I'm sorry.

Oh you think I wouldn't have him here? Of course I would.

In the nicest way possible, if you think we've a chance of getting Mourinho then you have not grasped the severity of our financial situation.
A good manager will more than pay for himself with sponsorship etc, 2 places higher in the league is c£6m extra in prize money, plus the £10m-£15m in wages that walk out the door at the end of this season.

I would feel more comfortable with a man like Mourinho, with the winning mentality he has, I can say that being as this has been demonstrated nearly every season for the last 2 decades, than a man like Dyche who preaches this winning mentality when he has literally lost more than he has won.

You can bemoan Dyche clubs he has been at, he chose to go to those clubs and play the way he does, that is on nobody else but him.

5 years ago he'd have been long gone but we've well and truly had our wings clipped. Our standing in the game is probably at the lowest it's ever been and unfortunately it's highly likely Dyche is actually the best we can get.

We could roll the dice and get someone inexperienced in but there's every chance we'd just be appointing another Lampard.
We are so skint mate, we can not afford to end his contract ....

He needs to take McNeill and Harrison out of the firing line McNeil has a lot on his plate and Harrison is just not good enough to start every week, they are also too slow.

It would also be an idea to stop playing our 4th choice centre back as a right back.

Who would you replace them with?

I’m not advocating Dyche out; I’m not suggesting it’s all his responsibility or absolving the players of any blame.

But, the form we’re on and the lack of questioning by the press is peculiar.
I’d respect him more if he just said, I’ve prioritised solidity, shape and hard work in and out of possession - that’s how I think we’ll get enough points to stay up. We won’t necessarily create a lot of chances or score lots of goals but that’s where we are at the moment - making games tight and grinding out the points.

It’s his hand wringing and mystified expression post match that pisses me off, trying to convince the press (and us) that it’s nothing to do with him or his tactics - we’re creating loads of chances (honest) and it’s just the players who aren’t putting the ball in the net.

Ok so we take out Mcneil and Harrison. We playing with who exactly in their place? A kid who couldn't get a game in League 1 last year and Chermiti or Beto on the wing? lol The team is the team because we have no squad, past the first 11, unless you want Young on the wing now?
Dobbin has one goal. McNeil has 2 and played at least 20 x the minutes. Dobbin has pace and will at least try an attack a defender, he also gave us a little spark v spurs that helped us get a point. Ultimately he maybe a championship player, but going off this season so is McNeil, who’s been shocking. It’s scandalous dobbin hasn’t had more minutes

That's because our strengths don't lie in possession. Remember Frank 'enjoy the ball' Lampard?

We play possession and we give it away for a team to play on the counter and score. If we were capable of controlling games in possession at home we'd be well above 40 pts by now. Do you honestly think that's where this squad is after 3 relegation battles in a row?
There might be a middle ground somewhere between Lampard and Dyche?