2023/24 Sean Dyche

This rigidity is nauseating. I get it to some extent - our squad ain’t great - however his insistence on playing the likes of Harrison is bizarre.

His performance was turgid at best, with McNeil not much better. Yet, we keep on doing the same things over and over and over.
If I was dobbin and chermiti id be on the blower to the agent sharpish, watching those two ahead of them every week.

If we hadn't lost any points, and were sitting 13th, 4pts below a bang average Fulham and 7 below Wolves, and had served up this last 10 weeks performances and results, would any of us be sitting happy saying he's the right manager as we're safe?
Absolute bollocks, he's a snotter picking neanderthal that creams in his union jack yfronts over videos of Ashley Barnes and Chris Wood chasing long balls from Nick Pope

It's easy to look at a team consistently underperforming their xg and blame it on the players but for me the responsibility lies with the manager.

We are so predictable and slow on the ball that every team in the league knows exactly how to stop us scoring and it's not difficult. We don't move the opposition around or attempt to draw them in to create space, we don't really do anything to create real high quality chances. Yes we get a few shots off in the box but 90% of the time we've taken so long getting into that position that the box is packed with defenders and there's about 3 players on the line.

It's been clear for months, Dyche will get results in away games where the opposition give us space to attack but at home against teams that are happy to sit back he does not have a clue.

He'll keep us up.

I won't enjoy 99% of it.

But he'll keep us up.

Next year is the issue, the promoted class next year will be well better than this year.
Parker, I very much hope you are correct but the last time we won a league game was against Burnley about three months ago, to keep us up he has to win league games and he isn’t doing that. I know he has very little to work with, I know the appalling management of the club under Kenwright has brought us to our knees but we need something to change our almost inevitable slump into the Championship, Dyche may be the best we can expect under the circumstances but he isn’t working, I would rather take a punt on someone different than just sticking with the same game plan that is constantly coming up short. If we keep doing the same thing then we will get the same result.

Parker, I very much hope you are correct but the last time we won a league game was against Burnley about three months ago, to keep us up he has to win league games and he isn’t doing that. I know he has very little to work with, I know the appalling management of the club under Kenwright has brought us to our knees but we need something to change our almost inevitable slump into the Championship, Dyche may be the best we can expect under the circumstances but he isn’t working, I would rather take a punt on someone different than just sticking with the same game plan that is constantly coming up short. If we keep doing the same thing then we will get the same result.
What I said isn't prefaced on us being good, though we should be a good few points better than we are, but more that the teams below us are absolutely awful.

If they're gonna replace him, it'll be the summer.

And spoiler, they won't.