2023/24 Sean Dyche

Yes, that's me mate, 30yrs out of date and I frigging hate it.
The thing being in those 30 years we've had decent managers but an inept and incompetent board to go with them.
Yeah I mean who’s to say how Koeman and Silva might have done with better recruitment and competent leadership, never mind Ancelotti. Koeman always was up and down as a manager - fantastic at Southampton but shaky elsewhere. Silva has done an excellent job with Fulham.

As a fan base I think we were quick to blame managers and didn’t really fully appreciate the absolute circus going on under Moshiri.

Yes, that's me mate, 30yrs out of date and I frigging hate it.
The thing being in those 30 years we've had decent managers but an inept and incompetent board to go with them.
I think When Bill Kenwright and David Moyes were in charge we were able to manage resources quite well but had no money whatsoever to spend.
We overperformed to be a top six team year after year with Moyes.

Under Moshiri, he did provide money but had not got a clue about running a football club.
Under Moshiri I think the decisions were made by Usmanov/Moshiri and the board were little more than pawns carrying out their wishes and acting as a screen for the real culprits in the piece.

We hired managers that were just wrong( Koeman , Benitez ) or not yet ready to manage a big club like Everton(Silva). We spent money in a crazy way and have been paying the price now for the last couple of seasons.

I think When Bill Kenwright and David Moyes were in charge we were able to manage resources quite well but had no money whatsoever to spend.
We overperformed to be a top six team year after year with Moyes.

Under Moshiri, he did provide money but had not got a clue about running a football club.
Under Moshiri I think the decisions were made by Usmanov/Moshiri and the board were little more than pawns carrying out their wishes and acting as a screen for the real culprits in the piece.

We hired managers that were just wrong( Koeman , Benitez ) or not yet ready to manage a big club like Everton(Silva). We spent money in a crazy way and have been paying the price now for the last couple of seasons.
No argument from me on what you've said.

All very nicely put and laid out mate!

But there is absolutely no point saying some of this stuff of 'what he should or needs to do' because he wont do it!

The guy is 50 games in now and he isn't going to change his styles, his selections or his way of making substitutions
Agree with that. I'm not excited about Dyche, he has his limits and flaws and granted we stay up, I would rather invest 10 millions more into the squad, and not into a manager sacking, as it isn't necessary at the moment, but from what I've seen so far he is not a solution over 2025 either. Our budget won't be high in the summer, and the team needs creativity added in the midfield (Alli, Gomes leave) and pace on the wings (Harrison, Danjuma leave), most likely Onana or Branthwaite will have to be replaced too, but giving a good amount of money to get players. Depending on what happens to Coleman/Young a rb.

Yeah I mean who’s to say how Koeman and Silva might have done with better recruitment and competent leadership, never mind Ancelotti. Koeman always was up and down as a manager - fantastic at Southampton but shaky elsewhere. Silva has done an excellent job with Fulham.

As a fan base I think we were quick to blame managers and didn’t really fully appreciate the absolute circus going on under Moshiri.
Marco Silva is the one who got away. I know Baz Rathbone thought he was a plonker, but he was massively undermined by other people's signings.

That side in Spring 2019 that comfortably beat Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea was a joy to watch. If Silva had been given the £55 million that Moshiri/Brands sponked on Alex Iwobi and Moise Keane, then the side could have gone onto much better things.

Still a bit gutted about that missed opportunity.

Marco Silva is the one who got away. I know Baz Rathbone thought he was a plonker, but he was massively undermined by other people's signings.

That side in Spring 2019 that comfortably beat Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea was a joy to watch. If Silva had been given the £55 million that Moshiri/Brands sponked on Alex Iwobi and Moise Keane, then the side could have gone onto much better things.

Still a bit gutted about that missed opportunity.
Silva is still a bit wet behind the ears if I'm being completely honest. Whilst he clearly knows his footy, he still has naïve tendencies for me.

Could potentially become a top manager in the next 5 years though if he continues on this trajectory.

Agree with that. I'm not excited about Dyche, he has his limits and flaws and granted we stay up, I would rather invest 10 millions more into the squad, and not into a manager sacking, as it isn't necessary at the moment, but from what I've seen so far he is not a solution over 2025 either. Our budget won't be high in the summer, and the team needs creativity added in the midfield (Alli, Gomes leave) and pace on the wings (Harrison, Danjuma leave), most likely Onana or Branthwaite will have to be replaced too, but giving a good amount of money to get players. Depending on what happens to Coleman/Young a rb.
I don't want Dyche's hands anywhere near our transfer business to be honest!

That's my main worry, I don't want us stuck with more Beto's........or paying the fee Leeds want for someone like Harrison!

Its also pointless recruiting for a better style of play as Dyche just wont pick them (Danjuma, Patterson)

This happens every time. Supporters get impatient and think we are better than we actually are. And the reason for that is that Dyche has made us a well-organised team, which has a robustness about it.

We have 31 points (-10), and that with players that most have characterized as league 1 players. It's not Dyche holding the players back, it's Dyche who mostly makes the players look good. We are in a [Poor language removed] situation, and the last thing we need is even more [Poor language removed] with supporters who have clearly lost all sense of reality.

This happens every time. Supporters get impatient and think we are better than we actually are. And the reason for that is that Dyche has made us a well-organised team, which has a robustness about it.

We have 31 points (-10), and that with players that most have characterized as league 1 players. It's not Dyche holding the players back, it's Dyche who mostly makes the players look good. We are in a [Poor language removed] situation, and the last thing we need is even more [Poor language removed] with supporters who have clearly lost all sense of reality.
Yep. If these last 8 or so years have taught us anything, it's that we first need to have a good, solid base on which to build.

Dyche, for better or worse, is giving us that. Let's get a couple years of mid table bliss under our belt, make some smart signings instead of splashing ridiculous cash on dross, then dare to dream again