2023/24 Sean Dyche

Don't ask me to explain it but never in a million is he an Everton manager. When he goes he'll be quickly forgotten whatever he has or hasn't achieved.
What is an Everton manager in 2024? The club reeks of failure and is at best lower mid-table mediocrity. Sounds like Dyche is a prefect match for us right now.

1708901315278.png

Yet again this weekend he’s proved his completely incapable of a plan B. Wonder what our XG is from open play disregarding set pieces. If you’re going to put 11 men behind the ball make sure you keep teams out. He’s hardly mentioned the deduction all season and dismissed it as ‘noise’ but now results have slumped he’s now using that as an excuse. It’s not good enough we’ve potentially got 2 free weekends coming up after United if them lot win on Wednesday. I’d be drawing up a shortlist now and then after Man U we can give the new man 2 and a bit weeks before our next game to come up with a plan. 3 home wins and we’re entering March he’s not doing a good job at all and talks a very good game off the pitch so fans are willing to give him more time IMO. Thrown away two massive opportunities to get 6 points over the last 7 days and that unfortunately comes down to his approach and dealing with in game scenarios. He’s one very very unlikeable man

I still firmly believe that he needs to have a proper 'Plan B' though. Making one or two subs on 70-80 minutes that, for the most part, are like-for-likes doesn't really work. We need at least a couple of variations in our system that are dictated by most given situations.

I think he needs to be braver in considering a 4-4-2 or even 4-3-3 in games we're anticipated to be leading on in the offensive stats. This pretty much covers the home games against the six teams around us, so there's two or three opportunities for us remaining in the season to adopt a more positive approach in our play.

For me, he needs to start utilising an additional attacker in his lineups. He's leaning heavily on the likes of Doucoure, McNeil & Harrison to provide the supply for DCL and it's become entirely predictable at this point. For me, Dom either needs another striker alongside him or we need to sacrifice a midfielder for a more progressive forward player. He really aught to be getting Patterson more involved as well, certainly in a wing-back capacity if anything..

----

Pickford

Tarkowski
- Branthwaite - Mykolenko

Patterson
---- Garner ---- Onana ---- McNeil

Doucoure

DCL
------ Dobbin

----

Pickford

Coleman - Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Mykolenko

Harrison
--- Garner --- Onana --- McNeil

DCL ------ Doucoure

----

Pickford

Coleman
- Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Mykolenko

Garner
------- Onana ------- McNeil

Doucoure

DCL
---------- Beto
Just a few examples of more attacking lineups/systems he can experiment with. I've said for weeks now that, when we're on the ball, we seem all too eager to bypass the midfield altogether and go direct.. so if that's the case, just get another body up there at least.

Yet again this weekend he’s proved his completely incapable of a plan B. Wonder what our XG is from open play disregarding set pieces. If you’re going to put 11 men behind the ball make sure you keep teams out. He’s hardly mentioned the deduction all season and dismissed it as ‘noise’ but now results have slumped he’s now using that as an excuse. It’s not good enough we’ve potentially got 2 free weekends coming up after United if them lot win on Wednesday. I’d be drawing up a shortlist now and then after Man U we can give the new man 2 and a bit weeks before our next game to come up with a plan. 3 home wins and we’re entering March he’s not doing a good job at all and talks a very good game off the pitch so fans are willing to give him more time IMO. Thrown away two massive opportunities to get 6 points over the last 7 days and that unfortunately comes down to his approach and dealing with in game scenarios. He’s one very very unlikeable man
Raises a simple question - where are we going to get the money to pay his compensation?

Raises a simple question - where are we going to get the money to pay his compensation?
that’s probably the only stumbling block, however if Moshiri sees we’re in free fall to relegation he’d more then likely stump up the cash to get rid of Dyche if it prevents relegation. He’ll get what he wants if we stay up

It's only him and the 2 live crew, he isn't like most modern managers/coaches who have a proper team behind them. At the end of the day we have found money to pay one of the top legal minds in the country to fight our corner so if we wanted to get rid of him we would find it. I'm of the opinion that unless it's seriously going massively wrong you make those types of changes in the summer window so a new person has a pre season with players.

Don't ask me to explain it but never in a million is he an Everton manager. When he goes he'll be quickly forgotten whatever he has or hasn't achieved.
Actually, you are totally wrong.
Given where we are he is 100% the right Everton manager for 2024.

It isn't what we want but anyone who lives even close to the real world will realise this.

The notion that Everton are a big club who should have a top class manager is about 30 years out of date.

We are screwed financially, have suffered a points deduction because of apparently breaking PL rules, we have a tiny squad of players we can actually play, we still have some very expensive players who never actually play and it doesn't look like it is going to improve a lot any time sooner.

In the circumstances Dyche with the players at his disposal is doing a remarkable job.