2023/24 Sean Dyche

Meh, at 1-0 up with 15 to go, away from home against a better team. You try an see the result out, especially given our strength is defence.

I mean, Beto.

Beto.

*shakes head
You have to possess the ball and see the game out, not sit back and just keep inviting them onto you and then hoof it clear and let them just come right back. Horrible from Dyche. Coward tactics to see out the game.

Not a Dyche fan and never wanted him, but some people have very short memories if they think we’re not punching well above our weight this season. That squad is still terrible.

This squad is lower mid table, which is where we should be if not for corruption. Dyche has done alright, we’re about where we should be if you discount the points deduction.

Sitting back against 10 men and then wonder why you blew it and threw 2 points away. No doubt the usual spiel will be spewed in the post match. Be glad when the season is over tbh and just pray that we are still in the top flight.

TBF it was only the last 10 minutes. Not like Gilmour was sent off after half an hour and the tactics remained negative. Most times would see out a 1-0 win, today it didn't happen because of a lapse.

The big issue now is Dyche needs to find some sort of winning formula at Goodison. We know in the year he's been in charge the away form has vastly improved and now it's very tough to break this team down on the road.

Need to win at least three of the home games left imo. With what we saw v Palace that won't be straightforward.

I kind of agree

But a goal up against a team with a man less and he just carries on in the same manner. No adjustments, no re-thinking the situation, just the same as usual.

He’s even negative against 10 men.

That said, I’d have snapped your hand off for a point pre match
Agreed however let’s be sensible.

Sack the manager stuff will get us absolutely nowhere at this juncture.

Honestly can't be arsed going on a Dyche defending spree today but what do you want him to do there? We know the players are muck and he has us in a position where we're 1 nil up against a team that battered us for 90 mins. Beto shouldve buried that chance btw
I’d like to see him tell the team to posses the ball and put them under some pressure. Instead he sat back and invited Brighton onto us only to clear the ball and have it right back on us. Horrible tactics to see out a 1 nil with a man advantage.

This squad is lower mid table, which is where we should be if not for corruption. Dyche has done alright, we’re about where we should be if you discount the points deduction.

First 11 is lower mid table. I would not say one little bit the backup players are anything offer than bottom 3/4 standard. Luckily the squad has for once probably suffered the fewest injuries of any team in premier league.

The regular first 11 also has a CF who hasn't scored now in half a season.

Maybe he won’t be so full of himself after that equaliser.

He is meek in defeat/poor results and smug after wins. Just like Allardyce was.

100k a week to tell the keeper to hit it long. Don’t care what some of you say, we can use the ball better and no that doesn’t mean Man City level possession. Even during that winning streak in December you could see it was inevitable it would fall apart because of the set up and complete lack of cohesion. You can’t go through a season in this league being that terrible with the ball and not struggle.

He won’t be here long term

When a manager is being used to point score against detractors it’s a matter of time , like Benitez and Allardyce was.

You have to possess the ball and see the game out, not sit back and just keep inviting them onto you and then hoof it clear and let them just come right back. Horrible from Dyche. Coward tactics to see out the game.

To be fair though Gary, we can't really criticise Dyche for the teams ability to defend. Prior Man City we'd conceded the least amount in the league from open play, we're still top 3 for that I think and that was the first headed we've conceded this season.

Accept your point but I don't agree we shouldn't be trying to see out a 1-0 win away from home after 90 minutes. I mean, earlier at 1-0 up we were still creating chances and Beto should have made it 2 but I'm afraid he's a bit crap.