2023/24 Sean Dyche

Our most important attacking player is a midfielder who passes a football at League One level.

And we have 30 points.
That's because Dyche is a good manager, he has a poor squad IMO, but he's made them work hard enough and tough enough to beat that we have a chance of survival even with 10 points deducted. It's comparable to what Mike Tomlin did with the Steelers this season.

Bingo, Yatzee, gin and Jack pot … this is the biggest downfall in our tactics imo .. zero width and no overlapping fullbacks to create space and offer options

Creates a really laboured and feeble attack doesn't it.

The only thing I could say is if we had our points back I think he'd be playing a bit more adventurous. He's scared of losing right now.

That's because Dyche is a good manager, he has a poor squad IMO, but he's made them work hard enough and tough enough to beat that we have a chance of survival even with 10 points deducted. It's comparable to what Mike Tomlin did with the Steelers this season.
LOL I can agree with your first point mate.

Real question

If we went down, in our financial position and current squad, do you think we'd bounce right back up?

I have serious doubts about our ability to do that
We would sell Pickford , Onana , Branthwaite and DCL ( we might even have to do that if we stay up ). I don't know but I guess we would get somewhere in the region of £175 million for them.

Id back a progressive manager like Potter or Schumacher to bring in replacements for around £75 million and defray our losses with the balance.

Leicester have shown you can sell Maddison and Harvey Barnes and rebuild.

So yes I think we could bounce right back under the right manager and with judicious recruitment but it won't be easy.

However all of this begs the question of where are we going even if we do stay up. I just don't see a sustainable future at present.

Creates a really laboured and feeble attack doesn't it.

The only thing I could say is if we had our points back I think he'd be playing a bit more adventurous. He's scared of losing right now.
I think that fear is all through the club at the moment because of the points deduction. Every misstep is magnified by several degrees and that makes the players -- and manager -- that much more afraid to make mistakes and therefore far less likely to play an open style. Add to that a squad bereft of attacking talent and this is the result.
I honestly feel if not for the deduction, we wouldn't be debating Dyche's status.

I think that fear is all through the club at the moment because of the points deduction. Every misstep is magnified by several degrees and that makes the players -- and manager -- that much more afraid to make mistakes and therefore far less likely to play an open style. Add to that a squad bereft of attacking talent and this is the result.
I honestly feel if not for the deduction, we wouldn't be debating Dyche's status.

Yeah you could see that after 5 minutes yesterday. You could see how the game was going to play out so quickly.

We would sell Pickford , Onana , Branthwaite and DCL ( we might even have to do that if we stay up ). I don't know but I guess we would get somewhere in the region of £175 million for them.

Id back a progressive manager like Potter or Schumacher to bring in replacements for around £75 million and defray our losses with the balance.

So yes I think we could bounce right back under the right manager and with judicious recruitment but it won't be easy.

However all of this begs the question of where are we going even if we do stay up. I just don't see a sustainable future at present.
The club have done nothing in the past decade, arguably longer but we weren't bad under Moyes, to suggest that this is something we'd be capable of executing

You also don't see clubs selling their spine and being strong the next season.

Kinell it's not THAT bad.

A team full of internationals and experienced players.

I think we have a team that should stay in the Premier league comfortably, given how bad some of the other squads are.

Kinell it's not THAT bad.

A team full of internationals and experienced players.

I think we have a team that should stay in the Premier league comfortably, given how bad some of the other squads are.
It is that bad because we are one injury to Branthwaite or Tarkowski from being in dire straits, and if one injury can derail a team completely it’s a bad squad

It is that bad because we are one injury to Branthwaite or Tarkowski from being in dire straits, and if one injury can derail a team completely it’s a bad squad

Well hypothetically ye, but luckily they haven't got injured?

But if anyone around us loses their beat players they'll also have a worse team

All that clubs like Leicester have shown is the gulf between premier league and championship quality.

Luton, Sheffield United and Burnley smashed teams in the championship last year, Burnley especially playing some real quality football, yet they’re all getting slapped around in this league and only really have a chance staying up if us or Forest have points taken away from us.