2023/24 Sean Dyche

Some Evertonians are totally unrealistic, as if they still think we are a CL club.
We are relegation fodder and Dyche is doing well to keep us where we are.
If not for the points deduction, none of which is his fault, we would not even be in the relegation conversation.

With the possible exception of Seamus then our entire squad played last night imo.
ive listened to 3 podcasts since the game last night. About 10 of 12 on them slated the style the tactics and questioned what does he do on the training pitch. So I’d say it’s more than some

Manager is just the one most of us are directing our frustrations at, its not him, its far from him.

The ones at fault for this ran of and wont be seen.

Its horrible right now, even if we had our 10 points back, we would be 12/13th....woooohooo how boring and irrelivant - Thats what we have become.

If it was not for the new ground and the finances, myabe we need to go down - actualy maybe win some games and see us score goals.

He has somehow played worse football than we have at times this season, i don't think i've seen a worse home performance than the 0-6 thrashing vs Arsenal. Moyes is good at winning the games he's expected to win but fails miserably when coming up against a stronger side.
I don't disagree with the last bits. No-one has played worse football than us this season. Teams have got worse results tbf, but no side has been as bad as us. Our attacking play is some of the worst I have ever seen in the top flight. It's Kinnear's Wimbledon levels.

I don't disagree with the last bits. No-one has played worse football than us this season. Teams have got worse results tbf, but no side has been as bad as us. Our attacking play is some of the worst I have ever seen in the top flight. It's Kinnear's Wimbledon levels.
Kinnear's Wimbledon levels without the aggression, fight, and desire, we're absolutely toothless.

He's reverted to overly cautious football. The biggest problem is the full backs under instruction not to overlap. This means our very limited wide players just passing the ball back and sideways to midfield or defence and repeat over and over. We need our fullbacks to create space, because they aren't it just kills any momentum and allows teams to just get behind the ball.

I’d do it in the summer, or it will always be ‘not now’. I can’t see it ever being the perfect time,

I get what you're saying, and I could see a moment in a couple seasons where it drags on and people are still arguing it's not the right time yet

However for us to do it in the summer, assuming we stay up, for me we would have to be quite a different prospect squad wise to what we are now and I don't see it changing much in that window. We will be a similar mess next season and it will still only be about staying up imho

He's reverted to overly cautious football. The biggest problem is the full backs under instruction not to overlap. This means our very limited wide players just passing the ball back and sideways to midfield or defence and repeat over and over. We need our fullbacks to create space, because they aren't it just kills any momentum and allows teams to just get behind the ball.
100% this.

It's probably down to ability as much as instruction. None of our full backs are great on the ball. We were spoiled in the days of Coleman and Baines.

Ok.
So let me counter this.
Mcniel is playing to his level. He sticks decent ball in, but is limited by pace.
Same could be said for Harrison.
They are lower midtable premier league players playing at their level.
DCL is busted flush. Playing at 90% to stop injuries, in fairness Dyche has got more out of him in the last 4 years than anyone else.
Gana is past his peak
Garner is young and still a premier novice - could go either way.
Onana who knows - I’d take 50m if anyone offered it though.

He has a poor hand of cards but I can’t see where he improves it. The bench is poor.
Yesterday we were the better team. We win scruffy, everyone is happy. I think we are fine this season barring another points deduction
Seriously? regarding Dyche getting more out of DCL
Just because he is fit and on the pitch doesnt mean we should be grateful, he has got a very rare fit DCL and cant get nothing from him, zero.

We will always play scruffy thats Dyche in a nutshell, no plan to dissect teams just hope and prey we defend well and get lucky from a set piece. Proper Allardyce and Pulis style urggghhh

Its utter garbage, we might 'click' once every 10 games were we play well but in general it makes my eyes bleed.

It's probably down to ability as much as instruction. None of our full backs are great on the ball. We were spoiled in the days of Coleman and Baines.
Yeah, except when the same full backs have done this themselves to some success.

We're set up with the idea that we'll have no full backs ever going that far in and the wingers sit just in front of them to shield them - that's not even overly cautious, it's just stupid.

Mykolenko's done a run like 10 times this season and scored a few, but, naturally, it's illegal to do more than once every month, so we don't do it anymore.

They genuinely don't need to be great on the ball. The overlap creates space. When he plays the likes of Godfrey even if he does go past he has to turn back. If it was Patterson he could at least fire a cross in. McNeil is also a problem. Even if Mykolenko goes outside, McNeil can't go inside properly because he is the most one-footed and slow winger in the modern game.