2023/24 Sean Dyche

Just read the last dozen or so pages, so much negativity, no wonder I've not been here for months.

I know it's heartbreaking to see what's going on with our EFC 💙 but not sure what some fans are expecting, all things considered Mr Dyche is doing ok.

Praying for fair treatment, on and off the pitch. :)

Luton attack and get results, we sit back and hope for the best!!!!

Can’t argue, apart from creative players. I dint see him changing from all hard work, sit back, long ball tactics. Let’s be fair we only looked dangerous from set pieces. Not really a long term strategy

Do you two even watch us without some kind of prejudice completely obscuring what actually happens on the pitch?

Here is the average positions for our players yesterday...

Untitledap.png
Untitledap.png

Just read the last dozen or so pages, so much negativity, no wonder I've not been here for months.

I know it's heartbreaking to see what's going on with our EFC 💙 but not sure what some fans are expecting, all things considered Mr Dyche is doing ok.

Praying for fair treatment, on and off the pitch. :)

When all this off field stuff clams down and we can at least compete as mid table club in transfer marker, Dyche has earnt the right to lead us forward for me.

Do you two even watch us without some kind of prejudice completely obscuring what actually happens on the pitch?

View attachment 244775View attachment 244775
Yes but we still

View attachment 244775View attachment 244775
ok so maybe more middle of the pitch than edge of our box. But you can also look at the average positions of our front 4 players. Basically 35yrds from the opposition goal, that’s a negative tactic. And you can’t say otherwise. We’ve scored more than half our goals from set pieces, like Wimbledon used to in the early 90’s. We hardly create anything from open play.

Dyche is making us competitive, but long term these tactics will get us nowhere.

When all this off field stuff clams down and we can at least compete as mid table club in transfer marker, Dyche has earnt the right to lead us forward for me.
Not for me, I hate the football he dishes up. Yea he makes us competitive, but surely you want to see better football and don’t take that as me saying I want us to be like Barca under pep, like some of the mushrooms on here will interpret it.

You need more than just booting it long and hoping we get something from a set piece. And he will always go for hard work over talent. It will always be more defensive full back and wide players under dyche. And his in game management is poor. Yesterday was the first time he’s thrown a few more attackers on late on, was that him feeling the pressure, like eventually dropping Keane for Mina with 4 games to go last season, when we looked down

Yes but we still

ok so maybe more middle of the pitch than edge of our box. But you can also look at the average positions of our front 4 players. Basically 35yrds from the opposition goal, that’s a negative tactic. And you can’t say otherwise. We’ve scored more than half our goals from set pieces, like Wimbledon used to in the early 90’s. We hardly create anything from open play.

Dyche is making us competitive, but long term these tactics will get us nowhere.
If he still had this squad in this position in 19 years time, he’d still be right to play this way for me.

I’m not going to question a man who has spent a decade making crap squads do ok.

Luton is no comparison. Dyche clearly thinks this basic football is the best way for get this squad to gather enough points to be safe. Only part of that is due to ability (arguably greater than Luton’s across the whole team). Majority of it is the enormous weight of history and the pressure on these players. Some of them have bore the thought of taking Everton down for over two years. We have youngsters in the squad. Bad results, no new faces, constant manager changes, ownership upheaval, points deductions, probably more points deductions. People think they should play care free psycho football under that pressure?

The thought of a manager sending this lot out to attack and defend man for man would be suicidal. I’d say going behind as the home team at GP is 50 times worse for the players than Luton’s, whose fans fully expected a brave season ending in relegation.

We are comfortably mid-table on points earned playing a certain way with a threadbare squad with very low creativity non-scoring main ex England striker, and low pace. This is the sort of squad we will have for years. BMD gate and food income won’t get us anywhere near clubs with fancy sponsors and glory hunting fans worldwide. As soon as we win a handful of games, it’s all about how we use our full backs and heat maps and everyone wants Potter, who on last dozen games in charge has a record probably on a par with Duncan Ferguson.

If he still had this squad in this position in 19 years time, he’d still be right to play this way for me.

I’m not going to question a man who has spent a decade making crap squads do ok.

Luton is no comparison. Dyche clearly thinks this basic football is the best way for get this squad to gather enough points to be safe. Only part of that is due to ability (arguably greater than Luton’s across the whole team). Majority of it is the enormous weight of history and the pressure on these players. Some of them have bore the thought of taking Everton down for over two years. We have youngsters in the squad. Bad results, no new faces, constant manager changes, ownership upheaval, points deductions, probably more points deductions. People think they should play care free psycho football under that pressure?

The thought of a manager sending this lot out to attack and defend man for man would be suicidal. I’d say going behind as the home team at GP is 50 times worse for the players than Luton’s, whose fans fully expected a brave season ending in relegation.

We are comfortably mid-table on points earned playing a certain way with a threadbare squad with very low creativity non-scoring main ex England striker, and low pace. This is the sort of squad we will have for years. BMD gate and food income won’t get us anywhere near clubs with fancy sponsors and glory hunting fans worldwide. As soon as we win a handful of games, it’s all about how we use our full backs and heat maps and everyone wants Potter, who on last dozen games in charge has a record probably on a par with Duncan Ferguson.
What are you bringing up Luton for or this man for man marking. And comparing potter to big Dunc 🤣🤣🤣🤣 potter got a poor Brighton side playing terrible football and got them 9th in 3yrs while have maupay up front. And playing much better football which de zerbi had taken on. Do you think if dyche got the Brighton job he’d play like de zerbi ? Of course he wouldn’t, he’d have them playing like Everton and Burnley in 12 Months. A long ball set piece team

Do you think Fulham have much better footballers than Everton ? And should they be having 70% possession against us, yes we have a small squad and a few injuries but our best 11 shouldn’t get relegated in this division. Poorer squads and managers have led us to this, Dyche is doing a good job to keep us 12th without the deduction, but long term we need a more modern manager. And a style that fans want to watch, a lot of fans of bored of this football. Yoh hear everyone saying who cares what the style is as long as we win well we’ve won 3 games at home all season

Dyche has turned us from a team that implodes when conceding to a team that finds the net in the final seconds of the match when the pressure is on.

He is managing the team with severe restrictions and with all the noise around the club. I don't think there are many managers in the world who would be able to do the job he is doing. Just imagine what kind of man managment skills it takes to pick the squad up after being handed the 10 point penalty. During an international break.

Dyche is the biggest reason we aren't in the championship now and we have a real chance of staying up even with the 10 point deduction. And I have every reason to believe that with Dyche we will be heading to Europe in no time.

Taking a team finishing 1 point above relegation to midtable team (without the points deduction) in one season is nothing less than amazing.