2023/24 Sean Dyche

Not been a great run of results, but in isolation - Fulham away isn't a given for this team and a point isn't too bad.

KITAP1 it may have to be because Benitez / Lampards 'concede 5 to rubbish teams' definitely wasn't working.

Do Dyche sides ever have an exciting and/or unpredictable attacking player? That's one of the few worries for me about us compared to everyone else in the league (particularly down at the bottom). Other teams might be terrible but they have at least one or two match winner type players who go against the grain of the well oiled machine system which Dyche tries to attest to. You see it with Palace for example...they chug along but they have star quality in people like Eze and Olise that can blow teams away in an instant, kind of like James (i miss you).

Do Dyche sides ever have an exciting and/or unpredictable attacking player? That's one of the few worries for me about us compared to everyone else in the league (particularly down at the bottom). Other teams might be terrible but they have at least one or two match winner type players who go against the grain of the well oiled machine system which Dyche tries to attest to. You see it with Palace for example...they chug along but they have star quality in people like Eze and Olise that can blow teams away in an instant, kind of like James (i miss you).

Nope, we don't have anyone at all with any kind of star quality.

We just have a team of hard workers who aren't very good with the ball at their feet (or head judging by last night)

He got the set up right last night (apart from his persistent narrow full backs which is a shocking tactic ) even though it was turgid stuff and we gave up a lot of chances. Rhe set up meant we created chances and your hoping one of DCL, Harrison, Tarkowski, Danjuma and Beto just take 1 chance and it's 3 points in the bag.

Unfortunately you'll see more composure on a park on a Sunday with an u11s side than what we serve up.

He has to find someone in that squad who can naturally finish because it's the difference between staying up or getting relegated. Whether it be from the u18 to Micheal Keane, he has to bring them all together and root out a player who won't crumble like a cracker in front of goal.

He got the set up right last night (apart from his persistent narrow full backs which is a shocking tactic ) even though it was turgid stuff and we gave up a lot of chances. Rhe set up meant we created chances and your hoping one of DCL, Harrison, Tarkowski, Danjuma and Beto just take 1 chance and it's 3 points in the bag.

Unfortunately you'll see more composure on a park on a Sunday with an u11s side than what we serve up.

He has to find someone in that squad who can naturally finish because it's the difference between staying up or getting relegated. Whether it be from the u18 to Micheal Keane, he has to bring them all together and root out a player who won't crumble like a cracker in front of goal.
I get what you're saying about the full backs but its hard to say its a shocking tactic when we kept a clean sheet and have a good defensive record overall you might not like it but it obviously works to some extent

Not been a great run of results, but in isolation - Fulham away isn't a given for this team and a point isn't too bad.

KITAP1 it may have to be because Benitez / Lampards 'concede 5 to rubbish teams' definitely wasn't working.
Honestly though, since our great run we played spurs and city and were very unlucky (some would say cheated) to not get anything from either of those.

Awful performance against Wolves but it happens sometimes.

Fantastic defensive displays against Villa who could’ve gone top and away at Fulham where we should’ve pinched it but have no forwards with any composure.

Wolves game aside, Dyche has been setting us up well especially considering injuries.

I get what you're saying about the full backs but its hard to say its a shocking tactic when we kept a clean sheet and have a good defensive record overall you might not like it but it obviously works to some extent

Yes it's a risk/reward tactic as he's happy to have his centre halves under immense pressure from the opposition out wide.

It's unnecessary imo and just adds to the opposition being able to control sustained periods of possession by just one simple switch time and time again.

Yes it's a risk/reward tactic as he's happy to have his centre halves under immense pressure from the opposition out wide.

It's unnecessary imo and just adds to the opposition being able to control sustained periods of possession by just one simple switch time and time again.
If they withhold the pressure then its worked as a tactic so calling it shocking is very strange to me but what would I know.

Last night was our ELEVENTH clean sheet since the start of October when we beat Bournemouth.

I just counted 11 clean sheets in the last 20 games.

I’m not having anyone complain about where the full backs go, that’s outstanding for any team, never mind when you remember the goals we were giving away under Lampard and Benitez.

Last night was our ELEVENTH clean sheet since the start of October when we beat Bournemouth.

I’m not having anyone complain about where the full backs go, that’s outstanding for any team, never mind when you remember the goals we were giving away under Lampard and Benitez.
Its just moaning for moanings sake i'm honestly sick of it we're literally just trying to cling on to our place in the league by our finger tips with all sorts going on behind the scenes and no quality at all in the squad and people want to moan about where the full backs are and how long it takes to make a sub its mad.

No. He's incapable.

We should have won yesterday.

Still has my support. Working miracles with nothing.

10th highest paid squad in the league. Sorry but this "working with nothing" line is a blatant lie.

4th best defence in the league.
Most clean sheets this season.

No. He's incapable.

10th highest paid squad in the league. Sorry but this "working with nothing" line is a blatant lie.
Stop with this nonsense we’re overpaying for crap!
We’re paying dele 100kpw to not play, Gomes 120kpw to play three or four times a season, anyone who negotiated a contract before the Ukraine war will be on stupid money because we made terrible decisions.
That doesn’t reflect the squad quality and doesn’t reflect Dyche.

If I bought a 1995 Ford Focus for £100k that wouldn’t make it better than a brand new Golf GT for £60k so stop with this crap.