2023/24 Sean Dyche

Why wouldn’t you see him as the long term answer? Just because he’s English? He’s performed miracles as far as I can tell. Our performance levels and resilience in matches is way higher than it has been. Pretty much all of players have improved under him. Changing manager is always a risk and even managers with big reputations can flop. We need to back him and give him at least 3 or 4 years to build something.
Because long-term, one would hope, we will be looking to play a more expansive game, assuming that the financial problems are sorted. I just don't see Dyche being able to attract the type of players that we would want long term, once we are at the new stadium and hopefully have a stable ownership. For now however and for the next couple of seasons I think he is the best hope we have of consolidating. I suppose it will depend on the ambition level of the people who take over from 777, should they manage to buy us and keep us afloat.

So as I said short term yes, medium term perhaps, long term, not if we have ambitions of having a team fit to grace the new stadium.

Because long-term, one would hope, we will be looking to play a more expansive game, assuming that the financial problems are sorted. I just don't see Dyche being able to attract the type of players that we would want long term, once we are at the new stadium and hopefully have a stable ownership. For now however and for the next couple of seasons I think he is the best hope we have of consolidating. I suppose it will depend on the ambition level of the people who take over from 777, should they manage to buy us and keep us afloat.

So as I said short term yes, medium term perhaps, long term, not if we have ambitions of having a team fit to grace the new stadium.
We shouldn't be going for those types of players. Haven't we learnt anything from the last 5/6 years.

We shouldn't be going for those types of players. Haven't we learnt anything from the last 5/6 years.
If we want to move on we will have to eventually, the first objective is to steady the ship. Dyche is the man for that, it then depends on who our owners ultimately are and how much they are willing or able to spend, also what their ambitions for the club are. If 777 take over and are still in control in a couple of years, then, Dyche is still our man in all probability. If however, they steady the ship and flip us to a very wealthy owner, then Dyche ceases to be our man. I'm convinced he will build a solid mid table side here, but, I am not convinced he is the man to get us further than that.

As to having learned anything from the Moshiri years, I hope the answer is yes, the owners should employ good football men at all levels of the club and that they should let them make the decisions.

This. We want to attract young, hungry players who want to prove themselves at this level.

If playing for us, at BMD & under a manager who improves players & builds this type of team spirit isn’t sexy enough then we probably don’t want them anyway.

If we want to move on we will have to eventually, the first objective is to steady the ship. Dyche is the man for that, it then depends on who our owners ultimately are and how much they are willing or able to spend, also what their ambitions for the club are. If 777 take over and are still in control in a couple of years, then, Dyche is still our man in all probability. If however, they steady the ship and flip us to a very wealthy owner, then Dyche ceases to be our man. I'm convinced he will build a solid mid table side here, but, I am not convinced he is the man to get us further than that.

As to having learned anything from the Moshiri years, I hope the answer is yes, the owners should employ good football men at all levels of the club and that they should let them make the decisions.
Our model should be Brighton plus. They don't need big name managers to attract good players. We should be much more attractive as a proposition and can pay more in wages and fees. We shouldn't be paying big wages and fees for average players.

Because he hasn’t yet shown he can adapt his tactics to take a club beyond a level of mid-table respectability. He didn’t have the funds at Burnley, he’s not had them (or the time) with us.

But you’re right, we should back him because he’s done a great job so far. If he shows signs he’s hit a limit, then we look at bringing someone else in.

Or if Pep says he wants to really test himself and prove that Michael Keane can be the new Cannavaro.
We’ve just played a side challenging for the title off the park.

I mean thats at the very least 2 years away, realistically never.
That's what I said, obviously if 777 get control they will want to keep control until we are well established in the Dock before selling on.

If that happens the new owners will want there own fashionable coach in. If 777 stay in control Dyche may just fit their business plan.

Our model should be Brighton plus. They don't need big name managers to attract good players. We should be much more attractive as a proposition and can pay more in wages and fees. We shouldn't be paying big wages and fees for average players.
Spot on. We badly need the academy to step up and start producing players that can either come in and do a job for the first team or bring in a few quid from sales.
Performance of the academy of the last 5 years has been abysmal. I'd be be surprised if it isn't one of the lowest in the league for talent production

That's what I said, obviously if 777 get control they will want to keep control until we are well established in the Dock before selling on.

If that happens the new owners will want there own fashionable coach in. If 777 stay in control Dyche may just fit their business plan.
My wider point was, would Dyche even still be here in 2 years, regardless of the owners.

Most Premier League jobs have an 18-month shelf life.

My wider point was, would Dyche even still be here in 2 years, regardless of the owners.

Most Premier League jobs have an 18-month shelf life.
It really depends on how we're doing doesn't it? I don't like him but if we're doing quite well in the league and getting points - he should likely expect to stay, even if he's not "fashionable". Neither is Simeone for example but he wins games, that's the endgame of football in reality.