2023/24 Sean Dyche

….unless Harrison asked to come off, i’m guessing the Dobbin substitution had a bit of ‘gut feeling’ about it.

Under the cosh, he maybe wanted blistering pace to relieve the pressure. It was a brave shout given the match situation and what Harrison gives behind the ball but it paid off spectacularly.

He’ll have walking wounded this week, a patched up defence next week.

Harrison looked tired and needed to be pulled, it was a brave but correct call. I'll be honest, I'd have gone with Godgrey and changed chape, or shunted Patterson 1 forward. But Dyche knew more than me.

Harrison and McNeil both put in a fantastic shift defensively. He really helped v Mudryk first half, and while he is a good athlete, he's probably not quite as strong as McNeil and needed a breather.

Dyche often talks about changing the mindset of the squad. To his credit it does seem to be working. Popping ’Spineless’ into the search on this site reveals countless examples of posts labelling this squad spineless, guilty myself actually. Still a work in progress but i don’t think anyone could label this squad spineless based on recent results.

Yeah the home form was wretched...

Just 2 wins on the spin at home doesn't half make it look a bit more presentable as now the last 5 are

Bournemouth home W 3-0
Brighton home D 1-1
Man Utd home L 0-3
Newcastle home W 3-0
Chelsea home W 2-0

Played 5
Won 3
Drawn 1
Lost 1
10pts from 15pts

Looks so much better after the last 2 games

I hope this is accurate..