2023/24 Sean Dyche

The biggest thing for me is that Dyche has given us strength in depth, even more so than when Kouman and the rest were in charge during the "money no object" days.
He's done it not by spending but getting the squad as a whole to believe in themselves and play to their potential.

Just look at today for instance Patterson for Young, Onana for Gana, Beto for Lewin and Dobbin for Harrison.

A far cry from the days we were bringing the likes of Benard and Davies on to sure up a game.
He's doing better than we could have possibly imagined. My only criticism of him was leaving a single sub until the 91st minute, he seems to have ditched that policy and for the better.

Under Ancelotti I always felt we were punching above our weight. I’m struggling to remember the last time I felt this optimistic. Maybe the 3-0 over Arsenal under Bobby. But even then if had a load of Moysies old team and they were in their way out.

This feels sustainable and deliberate. Bobby talked a kid of bollocks but Dychie tells it how it is, maybe a bit Brentish but he’s got integrity.

I’ve wobbled with him a few times I won’t lie but I’m starting to fall for him. The team feels solid and our subs were good today, that makes such a difference not having to rely on 11 players the whole time.

Good on you Sean long may it continue.

With basically no money to spend and what was perceived as one of the weakest squads in the league, he’s got us 4 points clear of Chelsea and 3 behind Newcastle who’ve spent what close to £1.5 billion in two seasons.

Feels the closest we’ve got to getting a squad playing with a spirit everyone can get behind since Moyes days.

Backed him the entire way; no need to gloat because everyone should be on cloud 9.

The performances were there, now the goals are coming, we’re scoring, not conceding frequently and the players are running through brick walls for the cause.

Maybe it’s just ingrained in my mind that the Everton teams I love most, are the sides who battle and fight, even if they’re not the best sides on paper.

We should be 3 points off Europe, but finally feeling pride on the side again after such a long period.

Thanks Sean. You’re doing a cracking job.