2023/24 Sean Dyche

Makes me laugh.

Some people on here are stating he's far to stubborn in games and with substitutions etc.

Yet the same people state he's changed his tactics since the start of the season.

If he's that stubborn he wouldn't change his whole outlook and tactics in ten games.

The simple fact is we missed three or four guilt edge chances versus both Wolves and Fulham. They were proper simple chances that messes Maupay, Doucoure, Onana and DCL all missed. McNeil too.

Wolves and Fulham took their only real chance on both occasions.

Both goalies got man of the match.

Let's not claim he's made humongous changes because he doesn't work like that. He never has.

Makes me laugh.

Some people on here are stating he's far to stubborn in games and with substitutions etc.

Yet the same people state he's changed his tactics since the start of the season.

If he's that stubborn he wouldn't change his whole outlook and tactics in ten games.

The simple fact is we missed three or four guilt edge chances versus both Wolves and Fulham. They were proper simple chances that messes Maupay, Doucoure, Onana and DCL all missed. McNeil too.

Let's not claim he's made humongous changes because he doesn't work like that. He never has.
I don't think he's changed his tactics at all. I think he's just had better players to choose from compared to the start of the season, and the players are getting used to playing the way he wants them to play.

Dyche would've been well down my last of appointments but people just need to concede he's made a good start to the season. Long may it continue.

I don't think he's changed his tactics at all. I think he's just had better players to choose from compared to the start of the season, and the players are getting used to playing the way he wants them to play.

Dyche would've been well down my last of appointments but people just need to concede he's made a good start to the season. Long may it continue.

I agree.
Its outrageous the difference Branthwaite has made to the team.

I also think DCL, Harrison and McNeil coming back have made us a much tougher proposition off the ball.The ram are looking as fit as I’ve seen an Everton team in a long long time and this is adding to their sharpness and awareness on the ball. Normally losing Onana and Garher would have been a no way back setback but the team look very adaptable and flexible. That was in my opinion our best performance under Dyche. He’s been in the job just under 12 months and the machine s starting to run smooth and is well oiled.

I couldn’t believe he started Young and Gana together in central midfield, but they did really well. We pressed brilliantly tonight. I feared it would be similar to the Arsenal game, but we tried to play on the front foot, and not sit back. Great performance. We’ll done Dyche 😀
No one would see this set up. He clearly works so well with them on the training pitch. He knows every player’s strengths and weaknesses.

Above all, he’s chased the Gordon/Gray parasites

Yes definitely could be something in that. Certain managers suit certain clubs and maybe he’s just the person we need right now. One of the main issues with the Moshiri era is that expectations were raised and never met due to the incompetence of those running the club. Dyche is starting to get results when the club is in dire straits and fair play to him.
From his interviews, I also get the impression that he’s loving it. The whole seige mentality bravado thing suits him down to the ground. He’s got an arrogance that would annoy the hell out of me if he was managing an opponent, but it’s exactly what we need from a manager right now IMO.

The eye test, xG, and other underlying statistics showed that we were unlucky in terms of results early in the season. In fact, there were several hipster videos and analyzes about it online. Humans think they are very rational, but on the contrary we are full of bias. Data and analytics are a way to see past this veil of prejudice.
I agree 90% but surely even the biggest Dyche fanboys were wavering after Arsenal and Luton? They were two nstaggeringly bad performances.

I’ve always been a big Dyche supporter since his first game, but something was really off in those two matches

From his interviews, I also get the impression that he’s loving it. The whole seige mentality bravado thing suits him down to the ground. He’s got an arrogance that would annoy the hell out of me if he was managing an opponent, but it’s exactly what we need from a manager right now IMO.
Was reading the match thread on a Newcastle forum earlier. Can confirm this is the case.

They were getting proper wound up every time the camera panned to him clapping, even before the goals.

Was reading the match thread on a Newcastle forum earlier. Can confirm this is the case.

They were getting proper wound up every time the camera panned to him clapping, even before the goals.

very strange some of them.

talk about them being a big scalp for us, and being a million miles away. they are honestly the most deluded fans on planet earth

ONE good season in about 20 years and they are adamant they are one of the big boys.

The great Everton sides of the past were built on the type of mentality Dyche is building. Blood and thunder, press high, fight for every ball, get the ball in the box where it matters, wear the shirt with pride, and have a special bond with the fans.

If Dyche can add a sprinkling of more quality in those forward positions in the next window or 2, then I think we will have a proper team.

Dyche fits Everton, and vice-versa. With the new stadium on the horizon, I reckon we are heading into a great period of our history.

Makes me laugh.

he was never my heart choice but was my head choice

We needed a no nonsense manager, make the squad fitter, told them how it is and i think we have that......

I think the progress is unquestionable, and now reflecting back, the role was such a big jump for him and his team from Burnley etc. I think he is bedding into his role and we are seeing the progress and long may it continue

That said ... he is a tad stubborn