2023/24 Sean Dyche

I’ve always been pro-dyche but not sure 20% possession will wear well
As long as we do it like in the first half against Brighton I am fine with that. Because they had 80% possession leading into 1 chance/disallowed goal from a set piece, while we created 3-4 good chances from counters. Just shouldn't be that the attack is neglected completely like in the 2nd half of that game. But for sure we need to improve with the ball in the long run. Surely Dyche wants to improve us in this matter too. Step one is to get a better spirit and team cohesion to look like a competitive team, which is luckily the case, as we look way more stable than last season.

Last edited:

It was clear changes needed to be made at 2-1 to finish them off, but as per usual Sean flogs our players to death. We went quiet for so long it allowed them back into it, gave them encouragement, 2-2 was obviously coming. At the same time they had made all 5 subs. We got lucky today.
IMG_0893.jpeg

when I look at the table, and relative to the past couple of seasons, I am happy with Dyche's football management
Indeed, one fewer point than we had after 20 games last season. A whole load more of positivity too. I know we shouldn't always pay attention to pundits but they're all in favour of what Dyche is doing. Sure, he's made a few mistakes but there's some absolute drivel being written on this thread.

There’s a Moyes like feel to this team now. I know I wasn’t alone in eventually tiring of Moyes ‘knife to a gunfight’ attitude to too many games, but given the situation we were in when Dyche took over, I will absolutely take that right now. We’re competing in every game we play. There may be a run where we lose 2-3 tight games in a row, but we’ll have enough about us to hopefully be comfortably safe this season.

Would have to agree at the current moment but if 777 do take control I'm not convinced Dyche nor Thelwell keep their jobs beyond the end of the season.
Which is why I put it in as a caveat, plus the Christmas thing too, in case it all turned to custard - as it can.

As I try to take things one game at a time, I'll just let this most recent 'One Game' stand on its own merits.

All runs come to an end, the Dycheball bubble will burst soon enough - especially if he gets manager of the month (is that still even a thing?) which is nearly as good as a vote of confidence for denting a managers short term prospects.

As for the end of the season and a new owners and board - one game at a time.

I had massive reservations up to Sheffield Utd. He’s made changes in set up and personnel that have changed things around so credit where it’s due. We look solid mid table currently which is all I’m looking for this season.

Happy to say he’s currently the right man for the job to keep us safe whilst we get back on an even keel financially. Although that is probably going to be defined more by how we manage to invest in the squad post the inevitable sales of Branthwaite and Onana.

Still don’t think he’s here long term, or a particularly strong manager. Worried we spend the Branthwaite big bucks on Dyche players.

Would love for him to prove me wrong though.

Our away form in the form table has us at 5th.
Our home form has us at 17th

His style of play is definitely working away from home but he is going to have to work out a style that is more pro active and on the front foot at home.

If he manages to do that, then he won't be going far wrong at all and will have us moving in the right direction a lot quicker.

The man is a serious upgrade on both the kopite and Lampard. In fact he's doing so well, that i'm not worried about relegation on field anyway.

It's off the field i'm worried about. The only way i can see us going down is if that FFP hearing goes against us.

As long as we do it like in the first half against Brighton I am fine with that. Because they had 80% possession leading into 1 chance/disallowed goal from a set piece, while we created 3-4 good chances from counters. Just shouldn't be that the attack is neglected completely like in the 2nd half of that game. But for sure we need to improve with the ball in the long run. Surely Dyche wants to improve us in this matter too. Step one is to get a better spirit and team cohesion to look like a competitive team, which is luckily the case, as we look way more stable than last season.
Absolutely

The man is a serious upgrade on both the kopite and Lampard. In fact he's doing so well, that i'm not worried about relegation on field anyway.

It's off the field i'm worried about. The only way i can see us going down is if that FFP hearing goes against us.
I genuinely believe we’ll survive a 12 point deduction this season. If it happens we’ll have more of an idea what’s needed and perhaps appealing isn’t a good idea as that may mean it happens next season.