2023/24 Sean Dyche

Or play out from the back and lose it in our own 3rd. Which for a few seasons, has been the Everton way!!
There’s times where we should play out from the back. We have the players to do it. Today we needed to slow the game down at times, allow our defence and midfield to push up the park and relieve the pressure on our goal. We elected to keep kicking the ball long, we have away possession cheaply whilst we struggled to get out of our own half, they equalised. And I think everyone on this Forum seen it coming. We need to be a bit cleverer.

There’s times where we should play out from the back. We have the players to do it. Today we needed to slow the game down at times, allow our defence and midfield to push up the park and relieve the pressure on our goal. We elected to keep kicking the ball long, we have away possession cheaply whilst we struggled to get out of our own half, they equalised. And I think everyone on this Forum seen it coming. We need to be a bit cleverer.

We really don’t have the players to do it. we couldn’t keep the ball that well in the final 3rd nevermind near our goal.

Plus on this forum we could 6-0 up and people still think we will lose 6-7. That’s what the last two years has done to us 😂

Don't know how it happened but we've somehow find ourselves being a pretty decent side away from home recently. We are hard to beat and scoring goals, what is this madness?

I wouldn't say he's doing an excellent job, but he's hired for one task only and so far he's getting that done. Hopefully some long term plans (lol) are being made behind the scenes as to where this club goes once inside BMD but this season is just about survival unfortunately.
I'd say his first job was to keep us up his second to improve us. He's done both those things so far under very difficult circumstances. I'm not sure we could except much more from this squad and we're really fighting now. It's good to see

Glad he made the switch at half time, Gana of Onana. So he is capable of seeing a problem and fixing it, he is just reluctant to do it.

Not a fan of all the long balls after going 2-1. Just kept giving away possession and a tying goal was always coming because of it. Should have kicked on and went for a third instead of inviting the pressure.

I'd say his first job was to keep us up his second to improve us. He's done both those things so far under very difficult circumstances. I'm not sure we could except much more from this squad and we're really fighting now. It's good to see
I don't disagree. I'm cautious, as the results aren't much better than previous managers, but I think he's set a really solid reliable base from which to improve on. It is nice to put a string of results together! And long term, I don't mind if he's still manager, that proves he has done a decent job for the club, which is good for all of us.

I don't disagree. I'm cautious, as the results aren't much better than previous managers, but I think he's set a really solid reliable base from which to improve on. It is nice to put a string of results together! And long term, I don't mind if he's still manager, that proves he has done a decent job for the club, which is good for all of us.
I'm not saying he's the saviour but he's been solid and we are on form right now. I was terrified when tarks went down. We have a tiny squad and I think he's doing really well with the tools he has

What I saw

Team fighting for each other. Some great spells of football - particularly on the left first half. Triangles. Quick passing. And crosses. It worked . Effective.
Second half was mostly schoolboy stuff. But I believed which has failed me for a long time.
Backs against the wall. We can do too.

We won. Dyche won. Champions League here we come. UTFT .