2023/24 Sean Dyche

After Brighton scored and we went and chased. ;)

…I like him, I think he’s doing just fine.
I don't like him, but,I think he's doing ok, the thing with a manager like Dyche is, it's all about results. The football is so turgid that as soon as he starts losing games the fans will be on his case. I didn't want him here, I don't enjoy the football we serve up under him, I cringe when I hear his David Brent soundbites in his interviews, but,in our current state, I don't see us attracting better. I suppose we'll know more about Dyche's fate when the take over goes through.

It's not exactly champagne football but I will say he's made us hard to beat recently. We are showing resilience as a side, trying to get the ball up the field a lot quicker and had our finishing been better earlier on in the season we would be comfortably in the top 10.

I don't like him, but,I think he's doing ok, the thing with a manager like Dyche is, it's all about results. The football is so turgid that as soon as he starts losing games the fans will be on his case. I didn't want him here, I don't enjoy the football we serve up under him, I cringe when I hear his David Brent soundbites in his interviews, but,in our current state, I don't see us attracting better. I suppose we'll know more about Dyche's fate when the take over goes through.
I don’t think we have the players for that much more. How many players from the starting XI could we see in a decent Everton team - Pickford, Tawks, Branthwaite, Onana, DCL. The rest (I.e. half the team) are not showing the level we need. Hard to criticise the manager when he has such limited resources.

I don’t think we have the players for that much more. How many players from the starting XI could we see in a decent Everton team - Pickford, Tawks, Branthwaite, Onana, DCL. The rest (I.e. half the team) are not showing the level we need. Hard to criticise the manager when he has such limited resources.
Spot on mate. Some people think we are the 1985 team therefore the manager is crap. We have to realise we are not a great team and we are where we are due to lack of talent. I think Dyche is getting the best out of what we have

I don’t think anyone thinks that whatsoever.
Mate they do believe me. Over estimate our team and under estimate the opposition. A mindset of our great days yet we haven't come near it for nearly 40 years. Must admit until I give my head a wobble I too believe we are the Famous EFC. We are lower league in realistic terms but many still believe we are better than most. Hopefully we are edging towards that but at the moment we are far away from that

Mate they do believe me. Over estimate our team and under estimate the opposition. A mindset of our great days yet we haven't come near it for nearly 40 years. Must admit until I give my head a wobble I too believe we are the Famous EFC. We are lower league in realistic terms but many still believe we are better than most. Hopefully we are edging towards that but at the moment we are far away from that

Their midfield consisted of 37 year old James Milner, 35 year old Adam Lallana and Billy Gilmour.

Yet our fans believe we’re not allowed to string 2 passes together.

Set up well and I thought the game plan was perfect.

His tactics fail by players unfortunately.

Harrison, McNeil, Gueye, Garner Doucoure and DCL just didn't get into the game enough especially in the 2nd half.

We needed reinforcements from the bench and I thought Dyche was a bit slow bringing in Beto and Patterson especially when this tactic worked midweek.

Brighton got a big slice of luck but also they had a goal disallowed so it was a fair enough result however it's more points dropped at home.

Spot on mate. Some people think we are the 1985 team therefore the manager is crap. We have to realise we are not a great team and we are where we are due to lack of talent. I think Dyche is getting the best out of what we have
We might be on the same points or even less with a manager who wants to play on the front foot, difference is there would be a style that is a successful way of playing and a team moving forward. We will just stay around the same place with the same style under dyche.

Amazes me that people think with a bit of money dyche will completely change his philosophy. He’s just bought a. 6ft 4 forward for 28mil. Who technically is bang average, but then he doesn’t need to be that good, his remit will be to run around, compete and win a few headers

Ridiculous even saying this cause a point v Brighton is brilliant. But we don’t half play some wanky football - proper boring stuff. Fans forgive it when we win, but when points are dropped questions always gonna get asked.

Played for a 1-0 win - almost got it. Fact we didn’t I can understand the moans tbf.

Set up well and I thought the game plan was perfect.

His tactics fail by players unfortunately.

Harrison, McNeil, Gueye, Garner Doucoure and DCL just didn't get into the game enough especially in the 2nd half.

We needed reinforcements from the bench and I thought Dyche was a bit slow bringing in Beto and Patterson especially when this tactic worked midweek.

Brighton got a big slice of luck but also they had a goal disallowed so it was a fair enough result however it's more points dropped at home.
How many teams hav success with 20% possession at home. Will be interesting to see the last time a team won with 20% possession at home