2023/24 Sean Dyche

I'm all but done with him.

The team selection today was shambolic and can't be justified.

Harrison should have starter as should Beto, and Garner should have been in the middle.

It's appalling decision making. It can't go on and he has to go next week if we draw or get beat. He'll survive if we win but I think it just stores up problems for later.

I don't want another managerial change - and I hope he turns it - but I do now believe he has to leave.

It' s the decision making that concerns me most. It has been constantly horrendous. We play Luton at home on the back of a superb win against a very good side and what does he do? Just when we need creativity and speed , he brings back into the team the two least creative players we have in Gana and Doucure. To do what - to break up the play of the mighty Luton midfield and to chase them down? Even the most stupid and football unaware among us see and know that Garner should play in his natural position where he has shown great promise. What is the point of playing Young anyway especially against teams like Luton? He brings something special and is seen as a game changer? What better game to play your young right back than this one in which his energy is badly needed? Plus, if you ask any random fan at Goodison what the most probable way of Luton scoring against us is, any one will tell you - set pieces. Yet, we didn' t do anything about that at all. This man is paid millions to do exactly what? To tell us about details in every post loss interview?[/QUOTE]

We didn’t play to the conditions they did, very naive. Ashley Young is a disaster. All goals and play coming down his side should have played Garner there.

Giving away stupid free kicks and corners so annoying. Saying that not sure the free kick for their goal was a free kick.

Worst result in a long time.

"Tight margins"
"There are no easy games"
"Luton are a better side than peoole think"
"We had enough chances to win"
"There are some positives"
"Players aren't quite fit yet"

How many of these has he said?

Honest to God, I'm sick to my stomach with that loss. It's really knocked me for six.

We've been in some trouble in the last two seasons or so and had some terrible results, but that's the worst of them for me.

The circumstances and what was on the line just demaded a thumping win but we were beaten by a team that is destined to be in the Championship next season.

I think that's proven to me that even if we beat B'mouth next week we can't depend on Dyche if we're to survive.
He needs to go now

He's only gone and used his ridiculous "change the story" three times in one interview and taken NO responsibility for the result - mad!
He speaks as we see it but FFS the regular sound bites need to be knocked on the head. 'Mentality, 'Noise', 'Change the story' how long does he need to change one if not all of them. He is deflecting

Tbh I’m not a massive advocate for starting with 2 up top.

One of DCL/Beto, with 3 of Danjuma, Doucoure, Harrison, or McNeil behind them would have been good enough for me, with Garner/Onana the CMs.

Gueye just wrecks this team. Funny I can recall people moaning about Lukaku despite scoring bagfuls, but wouldn’t dream of dropping Gueye because of his tackling stats. Gueye is one of the reasons we NEED to tackle so much.

Yes, freak results happen, and yes, we should have scored more today and perhaps even won with the team selected, but none of that masks the fact that Dyche is out of his depth and is picking teams consisting of his favourites rather than teams to win games. Not out of any sinister ulterior motive or anything, just because he doesn’t know how, because he’s a poor PL football manager.

I worry when Gana is on the ball. I worry when he plays deeper than Onana and i worry when i see him within 30 yards of the opposition goal.