2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dyche/Everton finishes in 15th next season do you want to keep him for the following year?
No. We do need to see a noticeable improvement. But he should get the chance to prove he can build on the success he found in the midfield and McNeil.

Those managers aren't hipster because of their style. They are lauded because, for at least a period of time, they achieved far more than could reasonably be expected with the resources at their disposal. They all took clubs that struggled to one degree or another and made them better, and then when they left, Potter/de Zerbi aside, the teams either stagnated or regressed. Most of the teams Favre has managed had their best ever seasons while he was there. Winning something - apart from about 4 clubs - is so rare it shouldn't be a criteria. We wouldn't have won anything even if Carlo stayed.

The clubs stagnated after they left ?.
Rodgers effectively sent Leicester to where we were heading !
As you have noted wrt Potter , they haven't stagnated , but they have actually improved

I worry with all the uncertainty at Board level in regards to a takeover, financial fair play, and complete incompetence etc. if he knows how much money he has to spend, and which players he can afford to offer new contracts to. It could be we are deep into august and we are still waiting for our first signing despite players leaving.
Never be surprised with these idiots mate.
My feelings entirely

It's nothing to shout about either.

I'm a little bit surprised that you of all people are satisfied with just existing in the premier league, Dave. Perpetually finished 15th is surrendering the city just as much as moving to Kirkby was.
I'm not talking about 'perpetually finishing there'. I'm talking about steadying this sinking ship, repairing it and moving on after we've done that.

And 'surrendering the city' would be getting relegated even more than physically leaving it.

I'm not talking about 'perpetually finishing there'. I'm talking about steadying this sinking ship, repairing it and moving on after we've done that.

And 'surrendering the city' would be getting relegated even more than physically leaving it.
Moving on to what, though? Take a walk around the city, it's red now. I take zero pleasure in saying that but the fact that they have ruthlessly pursued success and, nauseatingly, have periodically achieved it, combined with our seemingly never ending decline and humiliation has meant young kids without very strong connections to our club drift their way. There's fewer and fewer kids at Goodison it seems to me each time I go. I get that none of this is Dyche's fault, he's a symptom not a cause, but him steadying us at 15th just continues to take us backwards. The fact that you are lauding it as progress just shows what Moshiri and Kenwright have done if they can break as zealotous a blue as you. It makes me sad.

Moving on to what, though? Take a walk around the city, it's red now. I take zero pleasure in saying that but the fact that they have ruthlessly pursued success and, nauseatingly, have periodically achieved it, combined with our seemingly never ending decline and humiliation has meant young kids without very strong connections to our club drift their way. There's fewer and fewer kids at Goodison it seems to me each time I go. I get that none of this is Dyche's fault, he's a symptom not a cause, but him steadying us at 15th just continues to take us backwards. The fact that you are lauding it as progress just shows what Moshiri and Kenwright have done if they can break as zealotous a blue as you. It makes me sad.

That's all very dramatic but essentially untrue.

How can Dyche or anyone else effect a return to civic dominance or even parity?

Not happening until Everton get that stadium built and attract new owners with unlimited funds. To get that we need to stay in the PL...which is where a safe pair of hands like Dyche comes in.

Sad innit.

"A few seasons in 15th is what we need".

Just heartbreaking to read fans say that.

Sad innit.

"A few seasons in 15th is what we need".

Just heartbreaking to read fans say that.
It is, but I actually think 15th would be an achievement with the financial and other concerns which are surrounding the club. There's so much to sort out. That's not to say it can't be done faster with everyone pulling in the right direction, but I don't expect it. Even when the money was flowing we didn't meet lofty expectations. What should we realistically expect now that it isn't?

That's all very dramatic but essentially untrue.

How can Dyche or anyone else effect a return to civic dominance or even parity?

Not happening until Everton get that stadium built and attract new owners with unlimited funds. To get that we need to stay in the PL...which is where a safe pair of hands like Dyche comes in.
Which bit is untrue?

Dyche can't affect it, I accepted that in my OP, as I said, symptom not cause. He also can't affect it because he's a bottom half manager, he probably will get us 15th, it's better than 18th but it's not good. Even now, with everything that has been occurring at this club, our aspirations should be higher.

Which bit is untrue?

Dyche can't affect it, I accepted that in my OP, as I said, symptom not cause. He also can't affect it because he's a bottom half manager, he probably will get us 15th, it's better than 18th but it's not good. Even now, with everything that has been occurring at this club, our aspirations should be higher.
We can aspire to be top half. The reality is that we're not getting there even with Guardiola in charge.

Let's just be thankful we have the possibility of getting safe for the next few seasons and stabilising this club so it can get into a new stadium and attract some seriously rich investors.

We can aspire to be top half. The reality is that we're not getting there even with Guardiola in charge.

Let's just be thankful we have the possibility of getting safe for the next few seasons and stabilising this club so it can get into a new stadium and attract some seriously rich investors.
What does stabilising even mean in this context? Not getting relegated? If it's that then, bizarrely, we're the most stable club in the history of English football. Maybe you mean financially stable? Rich investors aren't necessarily the answer to that either. Moshiri spent a lot of money and we got worse. Even if the Sultan of Brunei bought us he couldn't spend because of FFP and PL profit and loss rules. Also, just two replies ago you said finishing 15th for multiple seasons wasn't the goal but now just "the possibility of getting safe for the next few seasons" is something you state we should be thankful for. What's happened to you, man? Have they really ground you down this far?

Status
Not open for further replies.