2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong but wasn't Mina's for timewasting? And Gueye's for a cynical play breaking professional foul? Like you say they could be trusted to be sensible unless something cynical was truly needed again as neither yellows were clumsy because they were getting turned inside out or struggling.
Gueye should be applauded for doing what we’ve not done enough to teams on the break this season.

Mina’s was soft (as was Doucoure’s)… the ref was not a fan of players officiating where free kicks should be taken from

Gueye should be applauded for doing what we’ve not done enough to breaking teams this season.

Mina’s was soft (as was Doucoure’s)… the ref was not a fan of players officiating where free kicks should be taken from
Gueye has definitely missed a couple of chances to do that this season. You're right about Mina - I misremembered it slightly but it was for something disruptive and I think he was a bit surprised that the ref carded him.

Gueye has definitely missed a couple of chances to do that this season. You're right about Mina - I misremembered it slightly but it was for something disruptive and I think he was a bit surprised that the ref carded him.
That ref … I swear he was trying to put us in A few 2 soft yellow cards for a red scenario. Was convinced we’d be down to 10 second half at some point

He's not perfect and some of his choices are baffling at times, but he's given us a fighting chance of survival after the disaster that was Lampard's tenure and that shambolic January window, so I would say he has done well.
He doesn't use subs as much as we might...

I thought he shoulda been more adventurous against Spurs

Been surpising to see Coady benched in lieu of Keane, great to see Mina back.

If keeps us up after Thelwell's 'input' he deserves the key to L4

I may be wrong but wasn't Mina's for timewasting? And Gueye's for a cynical play breaking professional foul? Like you say they could be trusted to be sensible unless something cynical was truly needed again as neither yellows were clumsy because they were getting turned inside out or struggling.
Yeah it was, not really sure why he was doing it, Dyche was hopping like a kangaroo on the sidelines over it.

Mr Dyche can you explain how you didn't win against Leicester, that point they got against us and their goal difference could haunt us
Likewise points dropped vs fulham.

If memory serves correct, both games were after the International break, for which the record of our errant squad is dismal over the last few seasons.

It's also most like they switch off and he has to re-beast them all over again with what it means to compete in the Premier League.
Hey ho, we've got a chance now.

I think 1 win could do it. Got a free hit vs the oil barons and then two very good chances vs Wolves and Bournemouth with them both on the beach, effectively.

Understandable concerns but for arguments sake...

Can you trust this squad to be fluent in a plan B with him coming into the scenario he did?
Who was he bringing on yesterday who wasn't introducing jitters into that back line or significantly improving them going forward?
Making 4 subs at halftime isn't something any manager would want to find themselves doing.
Stubborness is a very common trait among top-flight football managers.
Yea, agreed. Like I said, I think he got yesterday 100% spot on.
I was more talking in general. I've seen no interest in changing up formations or players mid game to respond to circumstances.
That worked for us yesterday but not in every game.
I get that stubbornness is a common trait among the best but we had a shocking April while it was abundantly clear that Mina and Patterson should have been playing.
And sure, no manager wants to be in a position where they have to make 4 changes at the half but it's important that a manager has the ability to do that in his locker.

This was a different type of game from his usual. He tries to press really high and cause mistakes. He also tends to try and get the first goal when we are fully healthy then grind it out.

Today we were just smashing them on the counter and we didn’t let up all game. And we don’t even have counter attacking players! It just worked. Great game plan but I assume it made everything easy for him when we snagged a goal in the first 50 seconds.

One of the best away performances we have seen for a while and a lot of cracking goals.

I actually think he’s a load better than the team position is maybe showing. Are any of those teams in and around us winning 5-1 at Brighton? Coming back against Spurs being a man down (and we absolutely put the pedal down in that period even before Moura got a red). We could have been 4 up in the first half against Arsenal who were top of the league at the time.

They’re not normal things for a team low on confidence near the bottom of the league. They don’t just happen because we ‘had a go’ or ‘Spurs were crap’ or ‘Brighton were tired’. They happen because of Dyche’s tactical set up and game plan. We’ve had two of our best away performances in ages in the last two games with some of the worst players we’ve had in the PL.

He’s now averaging over a point per game with THIS group of players (would probably be far higher if he’d ditched Keane earlier). Over a full season that’s 40 points and that’s without having a capable striking option for most of the season.

Now imagine we give him a full preseason, get someone to keep Keane out the team, get him some decent attacking players to compliment and replace Calvert Lewin when he’s out. Do you think he has us anywhere near relegation trouble? No.

He’s revitalised McNeill, he’s got Doucoure in his best position, he’s got Calvert Lewin fully fit playing probably the most compete game I’ve seen since his spell under Ancelotti, Garner is playing well, Pickford is playing well, Tarkowski is playing well, he’s reintegrating Patterson. Players are improving under him. Set piece defence seems to have improved, we’re looking more dangerous on offensive set pieces too.

He’s also not scared to make big decisions (regardless of whether they work out). He moved Iwobi out wide, dropped Coady, benched Gray, dropped Onana our marquee signing, now he’s dropped Keane.

I just think we need to back him in the summer to get rid of who he wants out and get in extra firepower because I think he could actually do a very good job for us and we could see similar wins to what we saw at Brighton a bit more regularly.

Props to him...made calls to the starting line up for Brighton I didn't think he'd make and the tactics were spot on.
His use of subs was still poor however.
Even if by some magic he keeps us up, I'm really dubious he's the long term answer.

Gueye should be applauded for doing what we’ve not done enough to teams on the break this season.

Gueye was bang on right to take yellow for the team, we've conceded a few goals this season that should have ended sooner with a cynical hacking the half way line

Status
Not open for further replies.