2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant criticise a manager who sees his team rack up 23 shots on goal, dominates a game and the team he started out with apart from Coleman pushes back the opposition on their own pitch and nearly nicks it at the end with that Doucoure shot.

That's just ridiculous.

You can though, because we done enough to win that game from chances created but we didn't because he yet again picked his pal Keane meaning we were always going to concede goals.

If coady or mina started that game we'd have probably won.

As others have stated, Keane is the hill dyche will die on

You cant criticise a manager who sees his team rack up 23 shots on goal, dominates a game and the team he started out with apart from Coleman pushes back the opposition on their own pitch and nearly nicks it at the end with that Doucoure shot.

That's just ridiculous.

…exactly. I think those stats confirm the team tried to win the game. As Dyche said afterwards, they’ve been working on the mentality of players, encouraging them to get forward and create. I actually thought they were quite brave in possession, something we’re going to have to be if we beat the drop.

I feel better about our situation than I did yesterday morning. I have no idea how this will play out, i don’t believe in forecasting our results and those of others but I think we have a chance. I‘d be chuffed if we are outside the bottom 3 going into the Bournemouth game knowing a win would see us safe.

…exactly. I think those stats confirm the team tried to win the game. As Dyche said afterwards, they’ve been working on the mentality of players, encouraging them to get forward and create. I actually thought they were quite brave in possession, something we’re going to have to be if we beat the drop.

I feel better about our situation than I did yesterday morning. I have no idea how this will play out, i don’t believe in forecasting our results and those of others but I think we have a chance. I‘d be chuffed if we are outside the bottom 3 going into the Bournemouth game knowing a win would see us safe.

Well, unlike others I firmly believe the B'mouth game will be a live one.

There's a point in the next 2 games for us and I think Wolves on the basis of last night looks winnable...certainly a draw there. I think 31 points gets us a shot final day. But maybe we can get a point or two more...which would give us a real shot of determining our own fate.

Lots to be pleased and disappointed about last night. Main positives being chances created, and we look to have cut out the bottling when going behind.

We’ve had a lot of good first 20mins in games of late. Teams are always in games with us due to our propensity to soil our own sheets completely unprovoked. Would love one of our strong starts to see us 2 nil up, whoever the opposition. We will always have an out ball if Dom stays fit.

No idea what’s happened to those dangerous back post corners we mastered when Dyche arrived. Set pieces atrocious at the moment.

How are we in the mess we are in and someone manage to appoint the only person on the planet that thinks Keane should start ahead of Mina. It's absolutely mental

Do you think he could have improved on that though by making changes in the second half? Iwobi, Dacoure even McNeil and DCL all looked goosed towards the end and because we didn't really retain possession well, it was a very open game. I personally felt that if he had introduced Gray and Onana for Iwobi and Dacoure at the very least, then we would have had two players capable of driving with the ball at pace, rather than two whose influence on the game had waned.
I'd also like to have seen Keane hooked, as he looked a liability all game (well every game, he should be nowhere near the side). He mentions in his interviews about transition and Everton have always been a team that gets caught out by it, because we have very little pace about us, but I think they could sort this out better by having the holding midfielder actually sit in the holding role. Gueye constantly moves away from this area, and Maddison kept dropping in to it to pick up the ball last night. Each game, most of the break aways could be solved by having the holder behind the play, rather than constantly in front of it. It puts a lot of pressure on two centre backs who have no pace themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.