2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious what you would have done different today Pep?
I would have picked Davies or Garner for our suspended midfielder and not a striker, which changed the whole system. Especially since Simms has looked much better is short cameos. In the 2 games he started, albeit very tough games, he has been pretty anonymous.

Such a bizarre game to finally try that attacking approach. They have struggled all year against a packed defence but we played wide open. We played how united wanted us to play - inexplicable from the manager

in hindsight i think he should have gone with a similar set up to Spurs and Chelsea then brought Simms on if still tight at 60ish minutes. he cost us the game albeit a game we would have likely lost anyway

Curious what you would have done different today Pep?

Sit deep. Defend the box. Get the ball to Garner / McNeil when we have it -- passing for Onana and Gana to charge forward onto on the counter -- or Gray over the top.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Tarkowski Mykolenko
Gana Garner Onana
McNeil
Gray

It wasnt a "throw away game" at all.

Dyche did 'throw the game' though.

It's UTD at Old Trafford, it's a throw away game if there ever was one.. To see what's what.
His optimism got the better of him but it's a far cry from the 20 percent possession backs to the wall crap from Lampard.

We were destroyed but Dyche isn't out on the pitch.

It wasnt a "throw away game" at all.

Dyche did 'throw the game' though.
Wouldnt go that far he tried something new today, thought the two cm let us down today. Would like to think he will go back to the 3, again had chances but just against a good team. I expected better from this team but i am sure dyche will make them work hard for next week

I would have picked Davies or Garner for our suspended midfielder and not a striker, which changed the whole system. Especially since Simms has looked much better is short cameos. In the 2 games he started, albeit very tough games, he has been pretty anonymous.

Such a bizarre game to finally try that attacking approach. They have struggled all year against a packed defence but we played wide open. We played how united wanted us to play - inexplicable from the manager
We where also unbeaten in 4 playing that set up. Genuinely strange that he changed it because of Doucs injury.

He does have previous with Burnley for going kamikaze,on the receiving a few times at City,needed the Dyche mentality of when he'd go to Cult Cavern and nearly always keep it tight,suicide playing a high line with our players,addbeing outnumbered in midfield was always going to end badly...

It's UTD at Old Trafford, it's a throw away game if there ever was one.. To see what's what.
His optimism got the better of him but it's a far cry from the 20 percent possession backs to the wall crap from Lampard.

We were destroyed but Dyche isn't out on the pitch.
He decided to play a high line, with Tarkowski and Keane who have the pace of snails, against Rashford and Anthony and other players who can ping 60 yard balls onto a penny.

He got it remarkably wrong

Sit deep. Defend the box. Get the ball to Garner / McNeil when we have it -- passing for Onana and Gana to charge forward onto on the counter -- or Gray over the top.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Tarkowski Mykolenko
Gana Garner Onana
McNeil
Gray

I get the extra man in the mid but no way wouod i go for 5 at the bqck would offer no threat.

We where also unbeaten in 4 playing that set up. Genuinely strange that he changed it because of Doucs injury.
He was thinking we needed an extra body in the box without Doucoure.

The problem was this was a counter attack game not a balls into the box and win headers type of game.

He got it wrong, it was a fairly dire game for us, but its done and we cant change it. Next week becomes must win.

Status
Not open for further replies.