2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not on him to really answer questions on the transfers but he kind of dodged them rather than address it. Not surprising I guess, slightly disappointed he towed the party line that they did their best etc.

…he said ‘they worked really hard’. He also said Thelwell and Kenwright were permanently on their phones. I suspect this is accurate, i probably missed him say ‘they did their best’.

Spoke really well. Seems to have identified a few things straight away and is dealing with them his way. The players arent fit enough and their confidence in themselves as players has been ruined by lampard and his unplayable system. I think its also had an effect on us as supporters as well. Even though its an early kick off i am sure Goodison will be bouncing and snarling fuelled by events of recent weeks and everybody will be right behind the team. Good luck blueboys.

Seems like a nice enough fella but that was just a lot of cliches and soundbytes. Not really getting the love for him based on the safest press conference ever given.
This is him summed up entirely.

He's straightforward and simple.

Some people warm to that, some people don't.

Personally, I like it in a person, I'm just worried about whether it's enough for a Premier League manager.

Given the inclination of some to nitpick everything I can’t say I blame him.
Oh, absolutely. I should be clear that he did the best job he could have been expected to do with the absolute minefield he's had to navigate, there.

It is just hard to watch people getting all attached after one pleasant, if banal press conference, knowing that it'll end in tears.

It's like the people that incessantly vote for new players in the MOTM polls because they just REALLY want them to be better than they are.

Seems like a nice enough fella but that was just a lot of cliches and soundbytes. Not really getting the love for him based on the safest press conference ever given.

…best part for me was him saying he wouldn’t have been offered a job like this under normal circumstances. That is the reality. i reckon he sees this as a massive opportunity & I stand by my view that he’d have walked down the M6 in his bare feet to take this post.

Can't agree with his opinion on the recruitment team working hard when the result was zero recruitments, that's abject failure
The only down side for me but I think many of us called it early in January that it may pan out this way with recruitment.

It is an abject failure to get to deadline day and scramble like they did, totally unacceptable and someone needs to have the balls and take accountability for that but if Dyche can get performances out of this team right here and now then that will paper the crack as long as we stay up, then that crack needs to exposed wide(not you @Bungle !)
What he says now needs to reflect on the pitch and I'm sure some of our players are better than they perform, not many mind!

…best part for me was him saying he wouldn’t have been offered a job like this under normal circumstances. i reckon he sees this as a massive opportunity & I stand by my view that he’d have walked down the M6 in his bare feet to take this post.
This was a very telling statement and you are spot on. and he was humble enough to say it which gives him a plus from me for now!

…he said ‘they worked really hard’. He also said Thelwell and Kenwright were permanently on their phones. I suspect this is accurate, i probably missed him say ‘they did their best’.
Candycrush is really addictive they say

Status
Not open for further replies.