2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why anybody thinks that Dyche is the man to motivate and re-energise our squad is beyond me. Does anyone really think that Calvert-Lewin and Dyche have anything at all in common, for example?
Management has nothing to do with having things in common with the people you manage. Dyche may not play sexy football and I agree with a lot of the downsides he has which people have highlighted here. However, the skills that Dyche very clearly has are the ability to re-energise and motivate a squad of players that have forgotten that you have to run and increase your heart rate above 100 during a game of football.

But we don’t really know what Lampard was trying to do.

It was a mess. He showed incredible naivety which is something Dyche won’t.

Will it be enough? Who knows
The outcome is going to be the same. Concede loads of shots. Don't have the ball in good areas. Try to sneak games. It doesn't mean Dyche is better because he's trying to do that and Lampard just ended up there.

This is something that is being overlooked. Even if we stay up this season, then what?

Years of Dyche moulding this into a team that scraps relegation every year?

May as well just go down now.

People might have said the same thing of Howe - "scraping relegation" "going down" etc. but, crazy as it seems, not all clubs are pushing their ceiling at that level

Why anybody thinks that Dyche is the man to motivate and re-energise our squad is beyond me. Does anyone really think that Calvert-Lewin and Dyche have anything at all in common, for example?
You don't need to have anything in common the most out of a player, Alex ferguson is the prime example and the key reason they would have nothing in common is more a negative towards DCL than Dyche, as he wouldn't be wearing a skirt or walking round with women's hand bags.

Last edited:

Lampards football is nothing like Dyce at all, we never put balls in the box and played at a slow pace in the slowest formation to advance up the pitch possible being five at the back. They are polar opposites
There are way more similarities than you're admitting.

The biggest difference is Lampard was trying at times to do other things and was incapable. Dyche won't even try. But a lot of the matches are going to look similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.