2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has two absolute free hits to pick anything up before expectations hit him. If we get one point from the next two games it's a massive bonus.

I've never subscribed to the view you get difficult games out the way and then let a new manager get at easier games on paper.
Free hit? I expect wins with new manager bounce.

Has two absolute free hits to pick anything up before expectations hit him. If we get one point from the next two games it's a massive bonus.

I've never subscribed to the view you get difficult games out the way and then let a new manager get at easier games on paper.
I agree, think I’ll go and have a lie down.

Now that Dyche is selected, we need to sell Gordon and get players in.

Then we have to just hope that Dyche can get something out of the squad and keep us up.

This is nothing like when we brought in Allardyce. That was never a relegation battle, this very much is. You've also kind of proved your own point wrong, the fact that we're only 3 points off 14th means that draws very much could keep us up. It would be if we were adrift that you'd think we need to throw caution to the wind and go a bit mad because only wins will do, in this situation making ourselves difficult to beat and sneaking some tight games could easily be enough.
Fair point. I think my frustration is that I feel any number of younger tactical managers could have done the same job. Corberon, Tedesco, Gallardo. We didn't need to go down this route with Dyche.

If the board came out of the interviews going "this fella is sound. he's got lots of room to grow as a manager and build something" then ok but does anyone believe that?

I'm expecting an improved performance but to be honest we seemed to do well against the better teams with Frank.

Agree but such a shame this wasn’t done much much earlier. Home games against Wolves, Brighton and Southampton with zero points is a travesty. No doubt in my mind we’d be in a far healthier position if they’d done what they should have and acted sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.