2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is for certain - any manager walking through the door needs better players than what they have at their disposal otherwise they're on a hiding to nothing...
Yup, people talk about a "new manager bounce." But as I have just told my concerned Arsenal-supporting cousin, the only bounce we're getting with this squad is the "dead cat" one.

I think we seem to have had a few bust ups in the changing room, seems like to me thats been killing us on the pitch a bit. No connectiion and no fight for each other.

Players training away etc.

Thats the type of stuff we need ridding of, proper gut out the issues.
That's literally only seemingly happened in the last week though.

We are crap. This isn't a decent squad not trying like they didn't for Silva, for example. This is genuinely a rubbish team.

There's 18 games left. Lampard, with less time in the window, had more 4 points when he was appointed last year. He got 6 wins and 2 draws. Dyche needs to better that, which in theory if he's such a better manager, he should be able to. 7 wins, 3-4 draws. A tough ask but that's the job.

Just a thought, but it could be likely he has watched us most this season especially when we went on this bad run. He has been waiting for a prem job he said that himself. Hopefully he has already got ideas to improve us defending and going forward.

Probably the sensible choice in the hole and the mess we find ourselves in have reservations about his style of play long term, but this is currently all about survival and he organises us and makes us solid and harder to beat and Goodison nasty to play at we will go direct especially at home. Which is easier to implement short term than the Bielsa ball. Positive is he is also a big character and he will make the players give 100% which they haven't for a long time if we are honest. We still need players. Good luck Dyche

Mate, I’ve said this a thousand times. We don’t create or score; setting up a team as a unit is great until you can’t score. Which was something he could never get right

You arent scoring loads of goals when you can only afford Chris Wood and Ashley Barnes though mate, and even then he had then bagging close to double figures most seasons.

He’s got McNeil back and Gray is an upgrade on Aaron Lennon who he had. Every man in this team whether you rate them or not is a huge upgrade on what he had at Burnley, simple as that.

Exactly.

The catastrophising of a lot on here makes me puke.

irony.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.