2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't think anyone saves us now, Bill and Farhad have assured our demise, they acted to late (and entirely in character). So, in that vein we should go for a young manager with a clear vision that is in tune with the DoF and try our hardest to avoid relegation. If we don't, however, don't sack the new guy, let them remake the club in the championship. No more Hollywood signings, no more good old pros. Clear the place out and start again. We've got to get off this death spiral. Dyche is just more chaos, different style again, 3 or 4 more players that don't fit with the players we already have. What's the point of that.
And following disagreement and unpleasantness for the last few pages we post comments saying more or less the same thing albeit I think Dyche is the best shot at keeping u up this season. We are just football fans after all :)

I agree, I suppose it depends on what you want EFC to do next. Do you want the strategy to put every effort into avoiding relegation or would you prefer to look at it more long term and get the right manager in now that will build something that is sustainable? The problem with going for the build for the future approach is that it would probably mean a lot of pain in the process. Relegation and sticking with the manager and changing style and philosophy take time. Would the fans at Goodison have the patience for this? If I was making the decision, it would be Dyche to try and stay in the PL but if u fail then u have problems in the Championship and for the next number of years. If u go for someone like Corboran then the pain probably comes sooner but the rewards in 3 or 4 years could be much better.
This is Everton. So, we will fmgo down with Dyche at the helm and then we will struggle next year. If, by some miracle we do stay up, we will be fighting relegation next year too and will in no way be attractive to new signings and the DoF can't then do his job or follow through with his strategy as he will now be a glorified negotiator to sign players for Brexit-ball.

Shambles.

I think whoever is picked will have doubters there is no ideal manager especially for this situation the fact Dyche is keen makes me think he is confident he could do the job and that is literally getting us safe that's how low our expectations are now which is an indictment of the entire club after the investment we have had.

Honestly, I don't think anyone saves us now, Bill and Farhad have assured our demise, they acted too late (and entirely in character). So, in
I agree, we are done now, I've lost hope
that vein we should go for a young manager with a clear vision that is in tune with the DoF and try our hardest to avoid relegation. If we
Thing is we could ruin a young manager, or like Silva we go in too soon

don't, however, don't sack the new guy, let them remake the club in the championship. No more Hollywood signings, no more good old pros. Clear the place out and start again. We've got to get off this death spiral. Dyche is just more chaos, different style again, 3 or 4 more players that don't fit with the players we already have. What's the point of that.

Interesting points

This really is the lowest of the low. On par with Benitez probably.

We’re going down, but does he get til the end of the season then Bielsa takes over?

Dyche might surprise a few he made Burnley very hard to beat especially at home he would play aggressive football we have been far too nice this season, maybe he's learnt a thing or two as well in his time off...

This will be the worst disaster of all because lets say he keeps us up. 50% of the fanbase will scream to give him more time. Then he'll spend all summer buying 30 year olds "with stomach for a fight" and by next january we'll be sat with an even worse squad looking for yet another firefighter to come and save us. The Sunderland cycle to league 1.

Moyes hardly played pretty football especially early on I am sick of seeing side ways passes between CBs that is just pointless these days go forward however you choose to do it. We have just been sat there waiting to be beat lately.
It doesnt have to be slow passing football. It is possible to move the ball through the zones of the pitch quickly without the aimless lumping of longballs up to grock strikers. Lots of gegenpressing teams aren't focused on the domination of possession but they get the ball forward in an exciting and effective way.

We have made so many poor appointments that our fans literally talk like it is a choice between lifeless sideways passing or hoofball and if it's either, they'd prefer hoofball. When in fact there is much in-between.

Dyche might surprise a few he made Burnley very hard to beat especially at home he would play aggressive football we have been far too nice this season, maybe he's learnt a thing or two as well in his time off...
But if that's all we're looking for, why don't we get a rugby coach in? I'm only being semi-facetious too. If all you are looking for is fitness, aggression and shape, you wouldn't need a football coach.

He could well end up being this generation’s David Moyes. He will organise our defence (which includes his former charge Tarkowski), he will make us harder to beat and he could ultimately save our great club from extinction.

He guided Burnley to European qualification with a far inferior squad to the one we currently have.

I want Bielsa but we could do worse than Dyche.

Status
Not open for further replies.