2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
One early observation, that he has been accused of in the past, is that he is a very stuck in his ways manager. I see that now. Keanes the obvious example. But surely that last 15 mins last night was demarai gray time. On the counter attack. Mcniell was driving forward but it was him alone. Mcniell and gray would have been a decent pair on the counter.
Leicester tried to freshen it up. But dyche was running that lot into the ground no matter what.

Couldn’t stand to listen to this terracotta mutt, but can’t find a written summary of his interview anywhere.

Did he offer up any mitigation for doing absolutely nothing by way of in-game management?
I was going to ask the same. I somewhat doubt the pundits would ask that specific question, but it’s something that should have been asked.

It’s easy to say in hindsight, but the game was there to be won last night and rather than twisting, he stuck. What’s worse, could have cost us a point.

The players looked knackered. It’ll be the same players against Brighton too, which is putting more miles in their legs.

Criminal from the manager not to use any subs aside from the forced one - just mind boggling when there are several players blowing out their behinds and the game is there if we take a chance and bring some legs on in midfield and attack - in think gray and Simms and onana carry the day for us.

Patterson made a complete show of Dyches calls to play holgate and godfrey at rb as well when he came on.

So frustrating.

Criminal from the manager not to use any subs aside from the forced one - just mind boggling when there are several players blowing out their behinds and the game is there if we take a chance and bring some legs on in midfield and attack - in think gray and Simms and onana carry the day for us.

Patterson made a complete show of Dyches calls to play holgate and godfrey at rb as well when he came on.

So frustrating.
Your right, very frustrating. Fresh legs for the last 10, with Onana, Grey, Simms, even Davies all on the bench could have made all the difference.

Dyche was fine, only criticism being he should use his subs more. Let's not delude ourselves we'd already be down and out if Lamp Franktard was still in charge.

Keep picking Keane, he deserves the sack.
I’m not saying it’s an unfair stick to beat him with, however it wasn’t the stick from yesterday. Will Patterson start against Brighton?

If he doesn’t, well it’s undermining his position further. If he chooses to not use the likes of Gray, even from the bench, he’s opening himself up to flak.

We need to win games although his one-dimensional thinking, while not losing many games, isn’t getting those much needed three points.

1 win in 11. Even just 2 wins and i think we'd be ok. Most recent fulham and spurs at home is going to prove the killer imo. Spurs players had chucked it in around then.

Dyche was fine, only criticism being he should use his subs more. Let's not delude ourselves we'd already be down and out if Lamp Franktard was still in charge.

Isnt that the fine line between 1 and 3 points? Be brave and throw on a player(gray)who's actually ok counter attacking into space. Sorry but that was a sub screaming out to be made. There was lots of space to run into.
For a team desperate for points throw the dice.

Kompany is out of reach...Carrick has done well but hard to know if he'll be top notch down the line and the other 2 have had ups/downs.

The interesting one for me was Schumacher at Plymouth.
I wasn’t saying we should replace dyche with either of them 4 mate. I was explaining that Sean dyche is a dinosaur and the days of doing well in the championship with his type of management have long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.